Since the middle of February I have been unable to sign in my hotmail.com account on my Z10 I waited for Tmobile update and I'm still unable to. I keep getting an error message saying that my password or email address is incorrect. I spent 3 hours on the phone today with BlackBerry support RIM and after all the settings and changes and factory reset I'm still unable to check my email in hotmail.com. This is a sign that it's time to get rid of the Z10 since the battery life sucks and now no hotmail.com Any suggestions as to the best smart phone that money can buy?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 02:29 AM
    Since the middle of February I have been unable to sign in my hotmail.com account on my Z10 I waited for Tmobile update and I'm still unable to. I keep getting an error message saying that my password or email address is incorrect. I spent 3 hours on the phone today with BlackBerry support RIM and after all the settings and changes and factory reset I'm still unable to check my email in hotmail.com. This is a sign that it's time to get rid of the Z10 since the battery life sucks and now no hotmail.com Any suggestions as to the best smart phone that money can buy?

Posted via CB10
    I could point to you that the blunt answer is... hotmail causes trouble for BlackBerry, even on legacy devices, and a possible workaround.

But reading your response, it seems that you're hell bent on buying another phone, and I doubt that this is the correct section to ask for that.

So tell us, what exactly do you want to do?
    03-31-14 02:43 AM
    You tried any other device? Just to make sure that the account / password is actually ok..
    I have two hotmail accounts and they work fine...

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    03-31-14 02:45 AM
    I could point to you that the blunt answer is... hotmail causes trouble for BlackBerry, even on legacy devices, and a possible workaround.
    I have never had any issues with hotmail on my BlackBerry.

You tried any other device? Just to make sure that the account / password is actually ok..
    I have two hotmail accounts and they work fine...
    Do you use two-step authentication on hotmail? If so you need to create an app specific password to use on BlackBerry.
    03-31-14 03:19 AM
    I have never had any issues with hotmail on my BlackBerry.

Do you use two-step authentication on hotmail? If so you need to create an app specific password to use on BlackBerry.
    It did on my Torch, but I've got a workaround which I had to resort to often after phone wipes, and it always worked. What I'm implying in my first post was to ask the OP if he needed help, or he just needed excuses to ease his seemingly confused self to solidify his decision to dump the z10.
    03-31-14 03:31 AM
    I use the @live instead of @hotmail. Both accounts working perfectly on my phone

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:59 AM
    I need help please if you can give me the way around it that would be great. I can access my hotmail from my computer and any other device. I would hate to leave BlackBerry I'm a lover of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:15 AM
    OP, have you tried going into you Hotmail from the desktop, and tinkered with the OMAP settings? I always had to reset that, since Hotmail tends to only forget that my BlackBerry is a trusted device to sync.

Posted via CB on BB10
    03-31-14 09:27 AM
    Is it hotmail.com or is it Blackberry?-mockit_31032014153233.jpg

Posted via CB10
    colectionarul and CDM76 like this.
    03-31-14 09:35 AM
    Strange, I have 2 hotmail acounts on my Q5, works perfect
    03-31-14 09:40 AM
    My Hotmail works fine on my z10..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:41 AM
    Let's try to be civil first. He's asking for help, so we should try to help him first. If it doesn't work, he can complain, but it won't go unrebuked.
    03-31-14 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try log first through web on your Z10 device. MS wants check your ID by SMS code first on different computer/device (Did ever work Hotmail on this device?).
    03-31-14 09:48 AM
    My Hotmail acct.works fine on my z10.all I can suggest is sign in on pc and check your settings.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:41 PM
    OP, does your password have special characters? IE "/#@^%&" anything like that at all. Or is it just standard Ucase, lcase,number password?

Are you able to login into the web interface from the BlackBerry browser?
    03-31-14 02:02 PM
    I have 2 Hotmail accounts both worked perfect in my Z10 and now Z30 I have my contacts and calender synced also no problems. My password contains capitals and special characters too. I have heard with any password that if u use the $ � ? � or # it causes issues. Try changing your password with out those characters and see if it works.

Posted via CB App on my White Z30
    03-31-14 03:05 PM
    I just did a test and hotmail working fine on my end, from the browser and my phone email accounts.

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228
    03-31-14 04:18 PM
    My hot mail has worked fine??? It's probably Hotmail. But since you want to get rid of it. Best smart phone on the market. Either z10 or z30

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:23 PM
    I actually had problems with Hotmail syncing... Come to find out, IMAP has been released on Hotmail (Outlook.com)

Settings I found were:
    Username and Email address are the same.
    Server Address is: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption: SSL
    No IMAP Path Prefix

SMTP Username is your email address.
    SMTP Server Address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    SMTP Port: 587
    SMTP Encryption: StartTLS

I used "Push If Supported" and the shortest sync interval.

Works so much better, and now its not leaving the messages on the server anymore when I wanted it deleted from Hub and Server.

Jay
    03-31-14 05:43 PM
    I did used the automated when creating mine..server address: blu406-m.hotmail.com, port 443..SSL: On..push: on.

I am not on company email though...for Outlook

for hotmail; Server address: m.hotmail.com, port: 443, SSL: on, push: on
    03-31-14 07:20 PM
    Not helping this thread in any way, but:

I'm still surprised people complain about Z10 battery life, but are completely satisfied with iPhones, which is even worse (well, most of them).

my battery life is quite ok; just make sure you have Link turned off, or it's horrible!

As for your email: I'm trying to use my university email on my phone (it's on outlook.com - @student.um.si). I once set it up, but can't do it again. It won't pair with my phone or gmail account! Don't assume it's your phones fault, sometimes these things just won't work for no reason.
    sickyute likes this.
    03-31-14 07:29 PM
    I have an Outlook.com (Uses Hotmail as the bank end) and have never had an issue.

Sorry, that doesn't really help I guess.

Z10
    04-01-14 05:57 PM
    I've never had any trouble accessing my hotmail account on either am OS7 or OS10 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:56 PM
    Not helping this thread in any way, but:

I'm still surprised people complain about Z10 battery life, but are completely satisfied with iPhones, which is even worse (well, most of them).

my battery life is quite ok; just make sure you have Link turned off, or it's horrible!

As for your email: I'm trying to use my university email on my phone (it's on outlook.com - @student.um.si). I once set it up, but can't do it again. It won't pair with my phone or gmail account! Don't assume it's your phones fault, sometimes these things just won't work for no reason.
    They've also forgotten about Apple and their drop calls and wifi issues.

Damn, with all those issues Apple had back in the day. It's amazing how they have such a loyal fan base.

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228
    04-01-14 09:05 PM
    The 2 step authentication did the trick so I'm up and running. Thanks for the help. With forum like these we are in good hands. Looking forward to an upgrade now. The battery life still sucks. Z30 is my next baby since there seems like there is no way to improve my battery life. 4 hours full charge just not cutting it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 02:19 AM
27 12