http://rapidberry.net/wp-content/upl...aguna-R069.png

Source : rapidberry.net

With tongues now wet with a leaked render of the BlackBerry 10 Qwerty (N-Series)in the wild posing alongside the already now known London (L-Series -referred to as the BlackBerry 10 Full Touch) RIM just may need to call a plumber�or two.

Specifications on leaks are typically quite abstract with very minimal details, but this isn�t the case with what you see above. This L-Series dubbed Laguna making its way to Verizon gives us a great indication and direction of what we can expect from RIM to combat competition. Will this be enough to satisfy your needs or do you believe that 2013 will have a tech spike on the mobile front?

Diving in deeper:
    If you want speed, RIM has answered your request. The Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 is listed as a Pro processor in the weight categories of Play, Plus, -Pro-, and Prime that could have speeds between 1.5-1.7Ghz with the addition of a multitude of embedded radios. Jumping the gun for a sec, the MSM8960 has a Bluetooth 4.0 radio, but interestingly enough BT 2.1 is listed. Something to keep note of!

The dimensions look to have hit the spot. 130mm tall, 65.6mm wide (remember the Bold 99XX is 66mm) and an excellent and not too thin 9mm depth. It is good to see RIM still believes a mobile should be a mobile and not a tablet to the ear. This overall size will welcome all sizes of thumbs who will no doubt be swearing less as they type (on the freak�n awesome BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard).

Keeping up with the Jones, this L-Series is topped with LTE making it an instant seller alone for the speed demon. (Those unfamiliar, this is a CDMA device, not a GSM.) Dual band CDMA and UMTS and Quad band EDGE should help in those wooded areas.

The 4.2″ screen with 1280�768 with a 355ppi is deemed as the highest resolution on a mobile to date. A previous source have said that the London would only be benefitting with the 1280�768 resolution making me think that the Laguna is it�s CDMA counter-part. This is a leak after all�

The inclusion of autofocus has finally made it�s way, rather late then never on the 8MP shooter satisfying the �pro amateur photographer� in us all. Just imagine using this camera and Scalado software hand-in-hand!

The RAM see�s a 1GB update with 16GB onboard and a microSD expansion slot. No mention on whether the 64GB cards will work, but if they do this will literally replace my collection of devices for movies and music. BlackBerry�s have excelled as a multi-tasking device and BlackBerry 10 OS will sure enough take it over the top, but being a PlayBook owner I know 1GB takes me only so far before. I am also interested in seeing how BlackBerry 10′s memory management will hold up and will it allow applications to be installed on the microSD?

Rather than creating a new charging port that doesn�t connect and work with anything else, RIM has kept the standard microUSB port allowing users to continue using their previous assortment of chargers. With the connectivity options of microHDMI, NFC, and DLNA we are looking at the direction of RIM with the vision of QNX on future advances of connectivity, accessibility, and the sharing of information. Going back to Bluetooth 2.1�really RIM? Didn�t anyone even consider 3.0 or 4.0 as they all work backwards to my knowledge. With the Qualcomm S4′s embedded BT 4.o this still has me confused so if anyone can share some insight I�ll send you a BlackBerry 10�really�no I�m kidding.

One of the gripes with the non-removable batteries are that batteries have memories and though their life cycles can be plenty you have to remember that contracts are 2-3 years in a large general scale. Active users will charge 2-3 times per day reducing the life span on the daily. RIM has done us great justice with announcing a removable battery giving users that flexibility we strive for. The Laguna is set to have a1800mAh that should give you a solid day of workhorse usage.

Face detect for phone calls. This sounds super interesting. Will this be the BlackBerry version of FaceTime?

The SIM type isn�t specified, but I reckon a microSIM will make its way below the battery. This is where I was hoping that RIM, though tag-teaming with others to produce a complicated non-backward compatible SIM would have adopted the open-usage of the Apple-designed nanoSIM which in fact is a smaller, simpler, and backwards compatible design which reduces the size internally as well as to the device build.

The specifications left out are straight-forward so there wasn�t areas that needed to be expanded on.

Did I mention that the image is a leak. Well it is which means you should take the image with a grain of salt.

Agree or disagree with this post write-up? We want to hear from you.
    09-27-12 11:04 PM
    looks good to me. exciting :thumbup:

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-12 11:09 PM
    Today was a great day for BlackBerry news. I think I'm gonna get the full touch as well as the full qwerty now, the full touch looks to be too cool to not have.
    bensmom243 likes this.
    09-27-12 11:15 PM
    take this with a grain of salt, BB still has 4 months, and plenty their holding close to the chest

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 11:20 PM
    Looks like plenty of power. The only thing that worries me is that this specs won't be good enough by the time it lunches.
    09-27-12 11:23 PM
    15:9 screen? I thought it was 16:9?
    09-27-12 11:34 PM
    The only thing I don't like is bt 2.1
    Stewartj1 and 00stryder like this.
    09-27-12 11:35 PM
    4g lte sounds great but what they planning to do sell exclusivity to verizon only , about us tmobile users smh I'm not so happy about that
    09-27-12 11:37 PM
    Same here. I hope it's not the case.
    09-27-12 11:37 PM
    Looks like plenty of power. The only thing that worries me is that this specs won't be good enough by the time it lunches.
    Doesn't matter if it runs smooth.
    step07 likes this.
    09-27-12 11:45 PM
    It's always a good sign when Verizon is on board with BB10. I'm glad they are becasue I have Verizon and I think BB10 will be incredible!! Not really worried about specs right now, I just know BB10 will be something great!!!
    kosmos2503 likes this.
    09-27-12 11:48 PM
    Rather than creating a new charging port that doesn’t connect and work with anything else, RIM has kept the standard microUSB port allowing users to continue using their previous assortment of chargers.
    haha favorite.

4g lte sounds great but what they planning to do sell exclusivity to verizon only , about us tmobile users smh I'm not so happy about that
    Tmobile has been working on LTE to get it perfect throughout the year, 4G LTE will be available for TMO in February.
    Last edited by Balti43; 09-28-12 at 12:26 AM.
    kacantrell likes this.
    09-28-12 12:23 AM
    Face detect for phone calls is not the FaceTime like feature. It's a sensor that turns off the touch screen when your phone is near your ears when you're on call.
    09-28-12 02:04 AM
    So no S4 Pro ?
    09-28-12 03:21 AM
    Sounds great to me, yet no big surprise.
    I just hope they won't use "Laguna" in France, this is a famous Renault car name with a medium quality reputation. It won't fit at all.

Now ... you beated me with DLNA screening ... I'm jealous .
    But it's a very important feature for Joes that will enjoy it with almost every modern TV (no add-ons, cross-brand compatibility).
    Be my guest, I believe this worse a thread by itself; fire it !
    09-28-12 04:10 AM
    Can't this be software updated ? It surprised me too.
    09-28-12 04:12 AM
    If that qualcom S4 is not a "pro" version with the adreno 320 gpu I will be deeply disappointed.

It would be a huge wasted opportunity not to make the bbos10 platform opengl es 3.0 compliant from day 1, as they would be throwing away an advantage that no existing platform can match.
    09-28-12 04:28 AM
    It will have BT 4.0, if you look at the arrival boards for the dev tools under bluetooth "low power mode" is listed as being supported which is BT 4.0.
    09-28-12 06:09 AM
    This looks great. Hoping it will have Bt 4.0 and 2gb ram. I can't wait for this. No I have no doubt thhat I will get the full touch screen
    09-28-12 06:12 AM
    "this processor features dual-core CPUs and as the world’s first single-chip solution with an integrated LTE modem, it is designed to take LTE to high-volume smartphones. Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8930 with LTE-TDD and TD-SCDMA support will be ready for customer sampling by the end of 2012 and is expected to be shipping in commercial devices by the first quarter of 2013"
    Not a bad processor, but they could have went all out and got the best.
    although considering how smoth the QNX is any dual core processor will be enough.
    I want the full Touch screen for me too. Now that I have a One X there is no
    way I can go back to anything less than 4". Keyboard will be missed though
    09-28-12 07:56 AM
    Face Detect is a sensor that disables the screen. But it seems to be very promising and a leap in front of the competition. With easy of use on top of making a relevant product in GTD category.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-28-12 08:42 AM
    Qualcomm News and Events - Press Releases Qualcomm Announces Next-generation Snapdragon Mobile Chipset Family

interesting the chip announces was released back in early 2011. I expect all the leaked slides, videos, and shots we've seen of BB10 were built in anticipation for a Q4 release date. I expect spec bumps to remain competitive beyond the OS on paper, where customers seem to make up their mind
    09-28-12 08:58 AM
    Doesn't matter if it runs smooth.
    It doesn't matter to you and I but when a customer walks into my T-Mobile store and asks about the new Berries. The 1st thing the sales guy will say is you dont want that, it has old hardware compared to what is out now. Makes me mad, but that is the truth we have to deal with. Hopefully the carriers will really be on board and push sales of BB10 and not let their front line employees write it off.
    09-28-12 09:19 AM
    Sounds great to me, yet no big surprise.
    I just hope they won't use "Laguna" in France, this is a famous Renault car name with a medium quality reputation. It won't fit at all.

Now ... you beated me with DLNA screening ... I'm jealous .
    But it's a very important feature for Joes that will enjoy it with almost every modern TV (no add-ons, cross-brand compatibility).
    Be my guest, I believe this worse a thread by itself; fire it !
    AFAIK, RIM will not release any devices as "London" or "Laguna", these are the internal development code names for the first BB10 all touch devices and according to past history will launch under a different name.
    09-28-12 09:21 AM
    Face detect for phone calls is not the FaceTime like feature. It's a sensor that turns off the touch screen when your phone is near your ears when you're on call.
    Face Detect is a sensor that disables the screen. But it seems to be very promising and a leap in front of the competition. With easy of use on top of making a relevant product in GTD category.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    so its a fancy name for a proximity sensor then.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-28-12 09:28 AM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD