My two month old blackberry curve has recently had HORRENDOUS battery life. We're talkin' like...4 hours after being unplugged it's down to one bar. It's horrible, it used last forever.

What do I do?? Does anyone know what's causing this? I never leave any applications running so I know that's not what's draining the battery...
    05-12-08 11:11 PM
    It may be a defective battery get another one and see how it works.. Maybe they will give you a free replacement at the TMO store.
    05-12-08 11:12 PM
    I would try doing a complete wipe of the device first, deleting all your 3rd party apps and then re-installing one by one.

Do you have a memory card? Do you have all your pictures stored to the card or some to the device?
    05-12-08 11:15 PM
    If you are looking for a good battery think about Seidio. I like it very much. Highly recommend.
    05-13-08 11:30 AM
    i agree with jayden... definitely remove all programs that you dont use and FOR SURE invest in a memoury card. dont store your pics and songs and videos on the phone itself. to optimize battery life, you want to keep your memoury as free as you can at all times. do a battery pull at least once a week as this will free up TONS of memoury, and make sure you minimize all background-running programs to just the necessary ones that are on all the time. also clear out your internet cache frequently. my battery will usually last me two days off the charger, and i am religious about following these techniques. hope that helps! if all else fails, buy a new battery and see if that helps. if not, its yer phone, darlin.
    05-13-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD