Has anyone on the board used Horizon Wireless to unlock a BB on T-Mobile UK? I am wanting to unlock my Curve and it says on the site they can do it for 23 pounds which is a really good deal. Wanted some opinions first though...
    02-14-09 04:34 PM
    Won't T-Mo give you the unlock code?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:52 PM
    Won't T-Mo give you the unlock code?

haven't tried them yet but its doubtful as I have only had it for about 6 months.
    02-14-09 04:54 PM
    Just got a couple of emails back from Horizon after I enquired as to whether they could unlock and they had me type a couple of things which gave me this:

After typing mepd it says:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

After typing mep2
    Is has a prompt stating Enter Network MEP Code (3 left)

to which Horizons reply was:

Ok, whoever you got this from tried wrong code too many times, if we get you code there's 75% chance it won't work, this would be at your risk...

Did u buy on ebay?

My Curve was brand new in the box sealed when I got it from T-Mobile UK so I am a little puzzled....
    02-14-09 04:56 PM
    Worth a try (or 10) to get it for free and save yourself 23 pounds As far as Horizon goes, I've never used them. Sorry I couldn't help.

02-14-09 05:00 PM
    Worth a try (or 10) to get it for free and save yourself 23 pounds As far as Horizon goes, I've never used them. Sorry I couldn't help.

Cheers for the reply anyway, I will give T-MO a call on Monday and see what they say
    02-14-09 05:01 PM
    I would go with horizon.
    02-14-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD