That is a boat load of pics/videos.
    It's 201 pictures and 24 videos.
    02-02-13 11:49 PM
    Question: Purchased apps and entertainment content (movies and such) can be uninstalled/deleted from the device and re-downloaded at any time, correct?

That helps alleviate the need for large onboard storage. I was hoping for apps2sd, but I'd be happy with vibrant cloud storage options.
    02-03-13 12:13 AM
    There is no need because it would unnecessarily drive up the cost for the device.

Fortunately memory can be added which is better than can be said for some i- ahem... phones.

Not only is memory expandable but hot-swappable, so you could have a 64gb card with movies on it, another 64gb card with photos, music, etc... keep swapping all you want, store the cards in the back of the case or battery compartment if it fits, without ever turning the phone off.

Yes it would be "nice" if they feature the base model with more of everything... But it costs money and that will affect the bottom line or affordability for consumers. Same goes for many other component specs and a balance has to be struck... not an easy choice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-03-13 12:18 AM
    I know, I agree with you, but 16gb seems to be the standard across the board. I do wish they offered more storage, I would gladly pay more for a 32gb version.
    The fact is that many people are fine with 16GB, rather than have various versions of phones (and overprice the added storage space by crazy amounts) having ONE version at 16GB WITH sd card slots allows EVERYONE a fair entry point. If you want more space it is as easy as buying whatever space you want for very cheap.

Example:

Z10 - 16GB is $150 ($100 if you got the pre-order) from Bell w a 3yr contract.
    iPhone 5 - 16GB is $180 from Bell w a 3 yr term.

So I would say that $30 is not really that much of a difference, lets call it even.

BUT, lets say you want the max model for each... power user!

Z10 - 16GB + CBs 64GB sd card (even though cards can be found MUCH cheaper) would total to $150 + $100, or $250 (about $280 with tax) FOR 80GB with the Z10
    iPhone 5 64GB through bell on a 3 year term is $380 plus tax, making a 64GB iphone 5 around $430

Therefore, going the way of SD card Z10 saves you $150 AND you get 16 EXTRA GB

BUT THE BEST PART IS...

you dont have to make the model choice when you buy the phone. when i got my iphone 4 i didnt know how much space i would need, and i didnt want to over pay... so i got the 16gb, and it was a horrible choice because it was full in minutes (but at the same time i didnt want to go through the hassle of returning it, getting a new one, re-syncing my songs... and then maybe not even using all of the 32GB which I paid so much extra for). By using SD cards you can buy whatever amount you want, and if you fill that card and dont want to delete stuff you can just buy another one and swap them out with eachother.

Apple charges $200 to go from 16 - 64 (adding 48GB), with the sd card option you can ADD 64gb to the 16 you already have for half the price... WHENEVER YOU WANT!

EDIT:
    Also, the BB10 devices will apparently work with UP TO 2TB sd cards... whenever we get those.
    alexwise and twstd.reality like this.
    02-03-13 12:34 AM
    Yeah but like everyone has said. It would take some serious effort to get 16gb of purely apps on your phone. Also, its expandable to 64+ after formatting. So that means 100+ sd cards. There was also a post about this on the blogs.
    02-03-13 12:34 AM
    Like I mentioned 8mp photos 1080p videos and movies and tv shows not to mention the bb10 movie maker.
    Dude, if the videos are formatted the proper way they aren't going to be 8GBs like if you had HD movies on your computer. It will be a fraction of that. Pics take up like no room until you start getting into the thousands in which case you save them to your computer and only keep the necessary ones on your phone.
    02-03-13 12:44 AM
    Got dayum! Why you have sooo many 1080p videos and less pictures? Jk. I have 3k pix on my 9930. That being said I'm glad people were able to explain it better than I could. Its a cost for them and they are in the busines of making money not saving us money. And again we can use sd cards. Use the onboard space for apps, and don't tell me you will fill 14.0 gigs with apps. Then get a 32 gig card for other stuff on amazon for 28$ or a 64 for 45 and sooo on and sooo forth. And as for cloud storage, if it got hacked chances are the people are doing it to be a-holes not to hack your music. Or they are looking for files to jack you.
    02-03-13 01:36 AM
    Got dayum! Why you have sooo many 1080p videos and less pictures? Jk. I have 3k pix on my 9930. That being said I'm glad people were able to explain it better than I could. Its a cost for them and they are in the busines of making money not saving us money. And again we can use sd cards. Use the onboard space for apps, and don't tell me you will fill 14.0 gigs with apps. Then get a 32 gig card for other stuff on amazon for 28$ or a 64 for 45 and sooo on and sooo forth. And as for cloud storage, if it got hacked chances are the people are doing it to be a-holes not to hack your music. Or they are looking for files to jack you.
    I have 28.4gb in apps actually. Its the reason I got the 64gb version, don't have to worry about storage.
    02-03-13 02:21 AM
    Anybody that bought a PlayBook are also blessed with a 50GB Box cloud account.
    02-03-13 03:36 AM
    BD, we haven't heard from you on how you're liking your Z10. You call a spade a spade. How is it?
    02-03-13 03:50 AM
    Question: Purchased apps and entertainment content (movies and such) can be uninstalled/deleted from the device and re-downloaded at any time, correct?

That helps alleviate the need for large onboard storage. I was hoping for apps2sd, but I'd be happy with vibrant cloud storage options.
    But you could lose all saved games and settings in other apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 04:11 AM
    If my experience with my first PB (16GB) is anything to go by, the internal storage will be eaten up by apps in no time especially games. Cloud, SD card and uninstaling/reinstaling whilst all good are no answer. That's why I got 2 64GB PB more.

I was expecting Z10 to debut with at least 32GB TBH. That will not stop me from buying a 16GB Z10 though!! The latest info in where I am (Hong Kong) is Z10 will only hit the store in April.

The saving grace is it should be ultra simple for RIM (sorry, Blackberry) to roll out a higher capacity Z10 or Z11.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 04:24 AM
    I was expecting Z10 to debut with at least 32GB TBH. That will not stop me from buying a 16GB Z10 though!! The latest info in where I am (Hong Kong) is Z10 will only hit the store in April.

The saving grace is it should be ultra simple for RIM (sorry, Blackberry) to roll out a higher capacity Z10 or Z11.
    Expecting them to launch with any size that would have pushed up the price and not been wanted by everyone seems like more of an error on your part than anything else, they were never going to do that because they could not be sure of bb10 sales let alone having to break that down into demand for each size variant.

I also think that you will be disappointed if you are expecting a 32gig version anytime soon, their focus is obviously going to be exclusively on adding models that noticeably expand their potential audience such as the q10 then a cheaper model and so on, a higher capacity model would mostly just steal sales from the standard z10.
    02-03-13 09:53 AM
    I wouldve liked to see more storage on this device as well...its just more bang for the buck. I love music and have lots of it. Music, recording HD videos, and taking pics with that new HD camera will eat into 16 GB real quick. 64GB cards are still expensive so I'll look into cloud options
    64GB Sandisk card is $60!
    SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 Micro Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC / UHS-I) Flash Media Card SDSDQUI-064G-A1 SDSDQUI-064G-A1 - Micro Center.

Way cheaper than the $200 Apple charges you to go from 16 GB to 64GB total, and you get 16 more GB storage for the overall solution.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-03-13 10:11 AM
    It simplifies the build process and the stores don't have to stock multiple version of the phone for each carrier.
    mount.zed and FSeverino like this.
    02-03-13 10:22 AM
    It makes sense in my opinion. It keeps costs down, I for one will need only 16gb of space, but for people that need more they can buy an SD Card. If Blackberry made the Z10 standard with 64gb, it would probably be 199 on a 3 year contract, not 149. So i think it pleases both sides, your complaint would be valid if it did not have an expandable memory port, but it does. So lets just be happy with a possible 80gb of storage ok??
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-03-13 01:11 PM
    If Z10 were to come out with a standard 64gb storage it will kick A & S asses faster
    02-03-13 01:33 PM
    If Z10 were to come out with a standard 64gb storage it will kick A & S asses faster
    No, it wouldn't, the thing that will help them do that are high sales and for that you need mainstream choices such as the 16gig found in these models.
    02-03-13 05:23 PM
    It simplifies the build process and the stores don't have to stock multiple version of the phone for each carrier.
    Not to mention that carriers are liable to order more when they do not have to mess around with balancing orders of various sizes.

Who knows, maybe we wouldn't have got the white model if they had gone with multiple sizes.
    02-03-13 05:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure that making a phone with more storage is not beyond BlackBerry, but I think they decided on this 16GB for now because they do have more phones on the way, and I presume that for now they didn't want to fragment too much their offerings. Two phones, nice and simple... they will decide to expand later on for sure. Also, if you make a 16GB and 32GB version of the Z10 and Q10 (that's 4 models) it seems like it's too much for a first release platform, especially considering that they haven't been selling phones like crazy and estimating how many of each to make would cost more than it's worth for them. I think this was a good decision on their part. I welcome being able to expand to 64GB micro-sd, that's what I wanted and really that's all you need.
    02-03-13 07:07 PM
45 12