I still don't understand it. Why r we still at 16G as being the normal amount of storage?. Everything has changed screen resolution, processor speed, 4G lte they upgrade all features but memory. We are still stuck with 16 32 and 64 EVEN thou our cameras now have the ability to shoot 8mp and 1080p videos and now we are going to be able to download movies and shows from blackberry world. We need more storage I know we have an SD card but 16G internal has been around for the past 3 years, 64G should be the new 16G not just with BB10 but ALL. I would have liked to see BlackBerry break that gap, but BlackBerry 10 will still dominate any other OS
    02-02-13 05:02 PM
    Dude, the Z10 supports up to 64GB of storage in Micro SD, if you do the math that's up to 80GB for your BB10 phone, want more? Buy a PC.
    02-02-13 05:10 PM
    I still don't understand it. Why r we still at 16G as being the normal amount of storage?. Everything has changed screen resolution, processor speed, 4G lte they upgrade all features but memory. We are still stuck with 16 32 and 64 EVEN thou our cameras now have the ability to shoot 8mp and 1080p videos and now we are going to be able to download movies and shows from blackberry world. We need more storage I know we have an SD card but 16G internal has been around for the past 3 years, 64G should be the new 16G not just with BB10 but ALL. I would have liked to see BlackBerry break that gap, but BlackBerry 10 will still dominate any other OS
    I know, I agree with you, but 16gb seems to be the standard across the board. I do wish they offered more storage, I would gladly pay more for a 32gb version.
    02-02-13 05:19 PM
    BlackBerry has a 128G device I believe it's called Black Forrest and it is anyone's guess if and when it will be released.
    The 16G mark was what BlackBerry seemed to be pushing when they left the customers like myself who paid top dollar for 64G device hanging in the wind. After they promised us a device with tens of thousands high quality apps and features they could not deliver they cut prices low and pushed the 16G devices. Apple kicked RIM'S **** in cell phones and tablets.
    02-02-13 05:22 PM
    Wow so now CrackBerry is left wing liberal and determined what words to censor.
    02-02-13 05:24 PM
    My Playbook is 64GB with no option to expand, how is 80GB not enough for a phone? WTH are you putting on there?
    PatricPoulin and jesse_h like this.
    02-02-13 05:27 PM
    Dude, the Z10 supports up to 64GB of storage in Micro SD, if you do the math that's up to 80GB for your BB10 phone, want more? Buy a PC.
    Or attach a drive via USB that is a terrabyte ..... which BB10 can handle.

There's a thread talking about this somewhere.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 05:47 PM
    I will buy the ad to expand to 64 and 64 and the playbook if you need more than that buy a playstation 4 when it comes out so pumped cant wait there announcing it on feb 20th
    02-02-13 05:51 PM
    I wouldve liked to see more storage on this device as well...its just more bang for the buck. I love music and have lots of it. Music, recording HD videos, and taking pics with that new HD camera will eat into 16 GB real quick. 64GB cards are still expensive so I'll look into cloud options
    02-02-13 05:59 PM
    I see what you mean, 32gig would be more average imo. BUT this is soooo much better than them selling 16gig, 32gig, and 64gig devices. Especially when they charge ridiculous amounts for more storage, which is dirt cheap these days.
    02-02-13 06:14 PM
    You are extremely entitled if you think you should have the right to say whatever you want on a forum you don't own. Don't make this political.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 06:15 PM
    Or attach a drive via USB that is a terrabyte ..... which BB10 can handle.

There's a thread talking about this somewhere.
    i dont think USB to go is active yet.
    02-02-13 06:16 PM
    Now that the Z10 is out can anybody tell me if you can save apps to an SD card instead of on board memory?

Thanks
    02-02-13 06:20 PM
    Or right wing conservative--telling women what they can/cannot do with their bodies, telling others they cannot get married, deciding what can/cannot be taught in schools or displayed in a CrackBerry forum
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    02-02-13 06:50 PM
    They probably did it to cut down on cost of the device. They have to know that the device itself will sell before making it in higher storage capacities. An example of this is the playbook. They are still trying to get rid of 32 and 64 gb devices. I know you might think there is a huge market for it(32 nd 64 gb devices) but how many do you think they would sell to people outside of the CrackBerry community. I would have to say not many.
    02-02-13 07:20 PM
    I wouldve liked to see more storage on this device as well...its just more bang for the buck. I love music and have lots of it. Music, recording HD videos, and taking pics with that new HD camera will eat into 16 GB real quick. 64GB cards are still expensive so I'll look into cloud options
    Adding that much more to the phone ends up costing more than the card does.... just look at the iPhone... Also, don't forget that by accessing cloud storage all the time will eat into your data as well.
    02-02-13 07:32 PM
    BlackBerry has a 128G device I believe it's called Black Forrest and it is anyone's guess if and when it will be released.
    The 16G mark was what BlackBerry seemed to be pushing when they left the customers like myself who paid top dollar for 64G device hanging in the wind. After they promised us a device with tens of thousands high quality apps and features they could not deliver they cut prices low and pushed the 16G devices. Apple kicked RIM'S **** in cell phones and tablets.
    thanks I needed the laugh for ****t and giggles. Thanks for playing
    02-02-13 07:34 PM
    I've said it before somewhere here but it bears repeating I think. Not many quality handsets out there that have USB connectivity, replaceable battery, and expandable storage. If Apple put those attributes into an iPhone, they would have close to 100% of that market. Thankfully they haven't.

Yes 64g micro SDs are a little pricey now but way more practical than having that storage baked in.
    Jonathank likes this.
    02-02-13 07:41 PM
    You could always wait for a higher capacity version... They're going to have to upgrade the specs at some point, right?
    02-02-13 07:44 PM
    There's this thing called a cloud someone mentioned I noticed. How crazy is that you don't even need storage on your phone. And z10 supports 64gb. They are on amazon for around 50 for a class 10 with free shipping. So you can prolly find for 40 or less omg. If the phone had more gigs you can argue if the price would go up but still. If you are gonna get a smart phone and shell out that money, get a data plan that will be good for what you need and shell out the money and get accessories/cards and shell out the money. They are not in the business to save us money when they lose it. So if you are getting a phone like this and need to tip toe around your data so you don't go over what's the point really? You are holding the device and yourself back if you have to look over your shoulder at data or sd. There's also HDD you can leave at home and have network capabilities to get to.
    BBMak likes this.
    02-02-13 08:59 PM
    Now that the Z10 is out can anybody tell me if you can save apps to an SD card instead of on board memory?
    There's no option to save apps there, but you can have it save downloaded music and videos to the memory card by default, in BlackBerry World.

I think it would take a fair bit of effort to chew up the free space on the built-in 16GB using only apps... though I'm sure you could manage if you put enough games on it. Seems to be no option to change that for now.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:11 PM
    Buddy I do not like the cloud 1 bit, do u see twitter playstation network and linkedin? they have all been hacked. I feel safer with an SD card. Also have u ever been on a plane or subway? The cloud is useless when u really need it (on a plane or subway playing music). I would only use the cloud as a backup if that
    02-02-13 10:52 PM
    WTH are you putting on there?
    Like I mentioned 8mp photos 1080p videos and movies and tv shows not to mention the bb10 movie maker.
    02-02-13 10:57 PM
    The new apps that will be coming to the new BB10 platform will be a lot larger than what you're used to in BB7 or earlier. On my iPhone I have 7 apps that are more than 1gb in size each, 6gb of music (around 800 tracks), 2gb of photos and videos taken on the phone camera, and overall using 40gb out of 64gb available.

Getting the Q10 or Z10 regardless, but I do wish we had the option of higher storage.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 02-02-13 at 11:49 PM.
    02-02-13 11:25 PM
    The new apps that will be coming to the new BB10 platform will be a lot larger than what you're used in BB7 or earlier. On my iPhone I have 7 apps that are more than 1gb in size each, 6gb of music (around 800 tracks), 2gb of photos and videos taken on the phone camera, and overall using 40gb out of 64gb available.

Getting the Q10 or Z10 regardless, but I do wish we had the option of higher storage.
    That is a boat load of pics/videos.
    02-02-13 11:34 PM
45 12