I've had my Curve 8330 for almost a month and I'm happy with it. I am however tired of trying to locate my IMEI #. I found my pin # easily several places but I have not found the IMEI#.

It isn't on the outside box that my phone came in.
    It isn't under the battery in my Curve.
    It isn't in Options-Status of my Curve.

I do however have:
    MEID Hex # (in all three areas)
    MEID DEC # (in all three areas)
    ESN Hex # (under the battery)

None of these numbers work when I try to register my BB in anything. ON the BB site, when I enter the ESN Hex # it kicks it back out and says that with ESN #, the first 3 digits begin with something different than what I have.

What is going on here? Why don't I have the IMEI # or ESN that works?
    This is a new Curve (actually hubby has a new one also, same thing) we got them via contract upgrade from VZW.

Any ideas of what I am missing? Thanks in advance for possibly saving my sanity.
    08-12-09 06:32 PM
    You don't have an IMEI number because you have the 8330m. The fact that your phone has the MEID numbers indicate this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 07:03 PM
    Made the call to VZW and he was stumped so he patched me in to a bb tech- he
    told me that it is the MEID DEC number that I need and after several tries he was able to make it active.

On my box and in the options area of my bb area it says Curve 8330 not 8330m. Go figure! The tech didn't say about anything having the 8330m version, now when I upgrade my os I'll really have a decision to make. ha ha

Thanks for your quick response, I really appreciate it.
    08-12-09 07:40 PM
    CDMA phones have ESN not IMEI numbers.
    08-13-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD