I remember all of us getting excited about Playboook OS2 how great it is going to be in terms of browser, messaging, apps, anroid player, BBM, etc. So OS came and things got improved but no wow factors. We still do not have many apps as we had hoped for, we still can not run native anroid apps, one point we thought we would be able to run any anroid apps and stuff.

Anyway, My point is that RIM does not repeat same for BB10. The BB10 is practically PB OS 2.XX on small form factor we have not seen "wow" factor yet and we hope that RIM suprise us this time. No 4G playbook out there..almost 2 years later since the original release.
    The only thing left to see is hardware and we hope that we are not disappoined with it. All prototypes, samples we have seen or proposed desgins look awsome but what will be the real thing.
    As BB fan and defending it for years it is getting personal n rim better deliver it this time.
    06-28-12 12:41 AM
    If they start advertising the release of BB10 and we still can't use Skype or Netflix on our Playbooks....
    ...You will know what's in the works to happen - not much.

My guess would be that RIM will make the Playbook functional before the phone launches...
    ...Otherwise too many people will be saying what you are - , I've been thinking about since since I bought two playbooks.
    06-28-12 01:00 AM
    I remember all of us getting excited about Playboook OS2 how great it is going to be in terms of browser, messaging, apps, anroid player, BBM, etc. So OS came and things got improved but no wow factors. We still do not have many apps as we had hoped for, we still can not run native anroid apps, one point we thought we would be able to run any anroid apps and stuff.

Anyway, My point is that RIM does not repeat same for BB10. The BB10 is practically PB OS 2.XX on small form factor we have not seen "wow" factor yet and we hope that RIM suprise us this time. No 4G playbook out there..almost 2 years later since the original release.
    The only thing left to see is hardware and we hope that we are not disappoined with it. All prototypes, samples we have seen or proposed desgins look awsome but what will be the real thing.
    As BB fan and defending it for years it is getting personal n rim better deliver it this time.
    Sorry but how can you possibly say that "BB10 is practically PB OS 2.XX on small form factor"?

BB10 is nothing like PB OS2, looks completely different from what we have been shown...and also, there has been no "wow" factor for BB10? What about the absolutely amazing touchscreen keyboard? or the TimeWarp Camera that Nokia loved so much they purchased the company who RIM licensed the technology from? Clearly those are 2 pretty "wow" factor-esque features, and those are only 2 features that RIM has chosen to show. What about all the features they are keeping hidden until official release?

I think BB10 will be a knockout and they are on the right track with it and are controlling it properly and not releasing half asked products like they did with the PB initially...We all hope its not a PB repeat, and RIM seems to have learned from previous mistakes.

BB10 is a brand new OS for RIM and we cant count them out at all, have to wait and see what they have in store for the final OS and hardware
    06-28-12 01:01 AM
    Also RIM is smart if they are holding back on releasing their 4G PlayBook, it would make more sense to release the 4G PlayBook with the release of BB10 and the L-Series BB10 phone...a whole refresh of products...why release a 4G PlayBook running OS2 when BB10 will be out in a couple months and it would be a better market strategy for RIM to release BB10 with a brand new superphone and brand new 4G PlayBook...
    06-28-12 01:03 AM
    I'm actually really happy with OS2, and especially OS2.1 Beta. The browser is a wow factor for me. I watched a car chase today that my local news station tweeted that they were live streaming online. I didn't want to turn on my MacBook, so I swiped UP on my PlayBook, woke it up, clicked the news station's link from within the Blaq Twitter client, and my PlayBook played the live streaming flawlessly. We don't have an HBO Go app, but the web browser renders the HBO Go website perfectly and plays almost perfectly.

Oh, and I don't know about you, but NOT PAYING A SINGLE EXTRA CENT FOR DATA when my PlayBook is bridged to my BlackBerry is a pretty big effing wow factor. I have sideloaded Scramble with Friends and Words with Friends, and BOTH of these Android apps work when using Bridged data.

When it comes to BB10 itself, you're right, we haven't seen much. But what we have seen wowed me. The camera features as well as what looks to be the ultimate in predictive text onscreen keyboards... were you not wowed by the ability to click on someone who might have been blinking in the photo, then go back and change only their face to when they weren't blinking? Were you not wowed by the words that you're likely to use, appear IN the keyboard for you to flick up and into what you were typing? Seems pretty wow-worthy to me.

In my opinion, there is really nothing worth wowing about in iOS.The drop down menu is nice. The camera on the Unlock Screen is also helpful. But no wows. Android? I think the face recognition thing some of them have definitely calls for a wow. The Evo's kickstand is cool too.

But I'm much more excited about BlackBerry10, because being able to unlock my phone by looking into the front facing camera and accessing the camera from a lock screen are really the last two things I'm looking for in a device.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    06-28-12 01:10 AM
    A couple of points.... you are falling into the trap many have with the Playbook .... that being you take observation or Rumors and turn them into facts.....

RIM never promised the PB would run all Android app and stuff..... RIM actually went out of it's way to make this clear......

RIM never said BBM be part of OS2.....

As for Apps... again RIM never promised any particular apps would be available....

the WOW factor you speak of is a personal issue.... I am WOW'd by my Playbook everyday... I know many do not.... such is life....

Seeing as the Playbook from a business standpoint is an abject failure... why would RIM run to make more......

As for BB10..... Why would RIM release any info.... I do not see Apple or Samsung showing anything ahead of their product launches.... two reasons for this.... if you show what you have ahead of release.... there is no news value and second... you give all your WOW factors to your competition....

I do agree that RIM has been off the mark for the last couple of years and since new management has been in seems more in sync with release dates... re PBOS2....

I do not become disappointed about RIM.... until they actually do something to be disappointed about....

If BB10 is a dud I will be disappointed... If RIM actually says they will provide something and do not I will be disappointed.....If RIM ceases to exsist... I will be disappointed

Currently for me I have nothing to be disappointed with my Playbook.....
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 06-28-12 at 01:18 AM.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    06-28-12 01:16 AM
    I'm going to give you my unbiased opinion.

The keyboard? Blahh! Nothing Swift key doesn't already have out. Except instead of swiping, up, you simply hit space.

As far as "The BB10" lmao...I was thoroughly impressed by the peek feature. I thought that was really innovative.

I'm hopeful Rim can pull off a successful release, but without the major apps being available, I don't see it happening.
    06-28-12 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD