Hi I have a blackberry curve 8300, thought Rogers. I have hooked up to my work email (novell groupwise) through rogers, so that I now get my work email. (I did this through a rogers web site, rogers.com/bis)

Unfortunately I do not get groupwise appointements, so that I cannot see meeting times. I asked my work, and they said they has a BES server that can send that stuff to me, but since they use a different carrier (Tbaytel), I cannot hook up to it. Is this true? What does the carrier have to do with me connecting to it?

Any solutions?
    08-26-09 10:56 AM
    How did you sync Groupwise with BIS?
    08-27-09 10:48 AM
    That doesn't make sense. A BES pushes mail (and appointments) out to the public BB servers, so when your BB connects up to the cellular network it gets the data.

What your IT folks may have been saying is that since you are connecting to Rogers' BIS, you can't get your data that way, but they should be able to put your phone on their BES and that should do what you want. You may need to make sure that your Rogers' data plan includes BES data (I found out the hard way that it isn't the default on TMobile).
    08-27-09 10:58 AM
    I would think you would have to be on the BES instead of BIS. I know with my work now that they finally support BB use, I can get my Groupwise email and calendar appointments if I'm on the BES but I'm not so I just have my personal email pushed to my BB.
    08-27-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD