How do you guys do it? Through usb port it doesn't work for me, should I try bluetooth?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:03 PM
    USB will work as a mass storage only. You should be able to browse if you enable the MS mode on the BB when it connects automatically. Bluetooth will work if the profiles are not blocked, as will using the AUX cable.
    11-08-09 03:08 PM
    I use the AUX cable, and it sounds great. My BB sounds better than my iPod Touch.

11-08-09 03:29 PM
    Yep, 3.5mm to 3.5mm (Male to Male) cable plugged from the headphone jack to the AUX input on my car.
    11-08-09 03:47 PM
    Yep, 3.5mm to 3.5mm (Male to Male) cable plugged from the headphone jack to the AUX input on my car.
    This + Slacker equals lifesaver

11-08-09 03:56 PM
    Same here but I had to get a adapter for my 8820 to take it from 2.5mm to 3.5mm

11-08-09 03:57 PM
    i just use and aux cable and plug it into my phone then into my deck works like a charm
    11-08-09 05:52 PM
    Guess I need to take my radio out and run the aux cable lol.

11-08-09 08:11 PM
    Check out the Motorola T505 MotoRokr. I bluetooth Slacker through it into my stereo speakers. Very cool. When a call comes in, the song pauses while I take the call and resumes when I end the call. Seriously... cool.
    11-08-09 08:19 PM
    In my work truck I don't have a way to connect my Storm to the stereo, I just picked up a Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Speaker/FM Transmitter. Pretty much the same type as the MotoRokr, I picked it up on EBay for under 40.00.
    11-08-09 08:42 PM
    I use the AUX cable too.
    11-08-09 09:31 PM
    aux cable here too and better than my ipod....its going on craigslist....
    11-09-09 12:09 AM
    unless someone reads this and wants it pm me....lol
    11-09-09 12:10 AM
    Research in Motion (RIM) also offer the BlackBerry Music Gateway, which allows you to connect your compatible device (most BlackBerry devices are compatible) to virtually all stereo systems, including most car stereo systems... It was a little expensive when it first came out, though it seems to have dropped in price considerably lately.

From what I hear, the BlackBerry Music Gateway also offers simple setup and superior audio quality, compared to many after-market solutions.

11-09-09 03:27 AM
    I would love to use my storm in my truck. Right now i currently have XM radio with the XM Iono that can both be in the cradle in the truck and transmit thru FM modulator and i can also carry it on the go and swithch between live XM or recorded songs or downloaded music, like an ipod. But i would love to use my BB in the truck, only downside is that i have stock Chevy radio. It dosent look like the BlackBerry Music Gatewayerry will transmit as an FM modulator. IS their an option for us "stock radio" listeners out there?
    11-09-09 04:18 AM
    The MotoRokr T505 is wireless and broadcasts through an FM channel to put Slacker on my stereo.
    11-09-09 05:20 AM
    I use the Jabra SP700 and it works flawlessly. Love using it to transmit Pandora to my car audio system. Very close to ditching XM.
    02-11-10 07:33 AM
    I use the bluetooth remote stereo gateway connected to my home stereo and am really impressed with the sound quality. I wish the thing had a rechargeable battery to make it easier on the go. I'll have to try using it in the Jeep.

I think my only issue will be power. I use the comfort cradle to carry my BB while on the road. It's plugged into the cigarette lighter to charge my BB while on the go (makes using GPS much better). I'll have to set something up to power the gateway at the same time.
    02-11-10 08:02 AM
    3.5 Aux cable ftw, if that provision is not available on your radio the usb does work as well.. But the aux cable is much easier.
    02-11-10 06:25 PM
    Depends on your car & what its capable of, My car will use bluetooth to play music from my BB...
    02-12-10 12:35 AM
    Research in Motion (RIM) also offer the BlackBerry Music Gateway, which allows you to connect your compatible device (most BlackBerry devices are compatible) to virtually all stereo systems, including most car stereo systems... It was a little expensive when it first came out, though it seems to have dropped in price considerably lately.

From what I hear, the BlackBerry Music Gateway also offers simple setup and superior audio quality, compared to many after-market solutions.

This is the setup I use. I have it plugged into the back of my stereo and hidden behind the dash. Its nice so that if I have to take a call I don't have any wires dangling anywhere. I highly recommend it. I think amazon has it for about 20 bucks.

02-12-10 01:24 AM
    sounds sick... oooohhh visa! where are you?! hahaha gonna snag one right now..
    02-12-10 01:51 AM
    For my setup for my headunit had to pull it out and buy a aux-composite audio cord, I think that's what it's called, but basically, it's like having high quality audio in the car. Also have the little mounting dock in my vents to make my BB look boss like a GPS system [which I do use it for. love Garmin/Google Maps].

I would take a pic, but my Blackberry is my only camera.
    02-12-10 08:14 AM
    Is there a way to listen to Slacker or the Sirius App on my Bluetooth headset?? I would love to be able to listen at work without having headphones on.
    02-12-10 09:05 AM
    Leecott...can you please tell me where you bought the audio cord? Does this work with any stereo? I have a Chevy Malibu. Thanks.
    02-12-10 09:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD