Apple speakers don't suck for playback. The iPhones don't neither do the iPad but the iPod touches do. To be honest one of the worst companies for speakers is HTC theirs are horrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 06:13 PM
    Apple speakers don't suck for playback. The iPhones don't neither do the iPad but the iPod touches do. To be honest one of the worst companies for speakers is HTC theirs are horrible.

the speaker phone for the iPhone sucks, compared to my former 8330, which sounded far better, I'll say though the 9300 speaker phone is about Par with the iPhone and is SUCKY!
    12-23-10 07:05 PM
    I have tried it with the bold 9000 and the 8900 and the iPhones speakers are much better than both of them.
    12-24-10 03:12 AM
    Main reason I dumped the iphone was horrible speaker volume. I couldn't even hear it ring in my pocket. Say nothing about how you can't hear the media player. Only real option is to plug in headphones, except that's not very practical for everyday use.

To be honest, the torch's speaker suck too, but that wasn't why I bought it.
    12-24-10 09:09 AM
    Glitchy touchscreen? What are you talking about? Touchscreen typing on iOS, Android and WP7 are all pleasant experiences. Some people just can't do touchscreen typing.
    I'd be one of those people. I just do not like touch-screen typing. That, my specific mobile phone needs, and my good experiences with BB and familiarity with them led me to the Torch. There are definitely things I like better about the iPhone, but not so much better that I'd take it over the Torch.

OP seems comfortable with the iPhone. Unless there is something else you're looking for or something the iPhone isn't doing well enough for you, you'd probably be best to stick with it. On the other hand, if you think there's a better experience for you - and the fact that you're asking suggests that - you definitely should check out the Torch, and maybe even a Captivate, just to make sure you're evaluating all the options.

12-24-10 09:38 AM
    Darn it. I went to the Wireless ETC booth at Costco twice. Once the man behind the counter gave me his Torch to try out. It was good. I thought the touch experience lagged a bit. He said he loved his Torch and he would use over iPhone 4 (antannae issues was his reason).

The second time there today, there was a lady. He didn't recommend the Torch because she didn't like the touch and the keyboard combination. She still uses her Bold. But at home she has an iPhone and she says it's more user friendly.
    12-24-10 11:07 AM
    Now you see what everyone meant by "personal preference." No matter how many
    people you talk to you have to decide.

Figure out what you want in a phone yourself and then just pull the trigger. You can't
    go wrong that way.
    12-24-10 11:13 AM
    Now you see what everyone meant by "personal preference." No matter how many
    people you talk to you have to decide.

Figure out what you want in a phone yourself and then just pull the trigger. You can't
    go wrong that way.
    Unless you had bought a Storm 1. (I rectified THAT mistake, eight days later, by getting a refund)
    12-24-10 11:27 AM
    Unless you had bought a Storm 1. (I rectified THAT mistake, eight days later, by getting a refund)
    Point taken
    12-24-10 11:42 AM
    Not to get offtrack here, but boy did RIM lay an egg with that one.
    12-24-10 12:11 PM
    LOVEd my Storm1. Rock solid device. Absolutely no issues with mine. Liked it so much I got a second one to "muck about" on, and that one's still in use. Rock Solid.

Like my Torch better though, even though it doesn't "feel" as solid as the Storms did for me.
    12-24-10 12:44 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD