What if you were in front of an object/person/thing, start to take a picture then walk 360 degrees around the object back to the beginning then end picture. Set to wallpaper, then through the sensors and gyroscope your home screen moves steadily when you do. Or have a 360 degree parallax type home screen. Just make sure the wallpapers are easy on the eyes so users don't get too dizzy Geez I wish I could make this stuff. Oh well just an idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:04 PM
    What if you were in front of an object/person/thing, start to take a picture then walk 360 degrees around the object back to the beginning then end picture. Set to wallpaper, then through the sensors and gyroscope your home screen moves steadily when you do. Or have a 360 degree parallax type home screen. Just make sure the wallpapers are easy on the eyes so users don't get too dizzy Geez I wish I could make this stuff. Oh well just an idea.

Posted via CB10
    whattt?? that is one deep idea. I like it, it's innovative.

+1 to you sir

pass err on to them About us - TAT The Astonishing Tribe
    10-05-13 08:41 PM
    I like this. Beer on the house

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:03 PM
    Soooo, if I turn then the wallpaper also turns? Sounds like a good idea - on paper.

I don't usually move turning in circles, but great!

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-05-13 09:15 PM
    Nah, what would actually work would be an immersive-scrolled 360-degree scene. Think about it. Your phone is on a table (flat, facing up) and it shows the sand of a beach or the floor of some old farmhouse in the country; as you pick it up, you start to raise and tilt it, the wallpaper scrolls (moves?) from the sand to the water until you have it at 90 degrees and it is showing the sunset along the water or the corn fields... it could be time and compass based also, so when you are lying down at night with your phone over your head (lol... i.e. almost parallel to the ground facing downward) it would show the stars, moon, etc.

Might need a 6000mAh battery though.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:31 PM
    Oh my.... is there a developer in the house????

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:34 PM
    So goood idea

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-05-13 09:36 PM
    I tried some stuff with the wallpapers and with the API we have today it seems impossible. When we change the background picture, the OS takes a few milliseconds to process, and even the slowest changes are pretty lagged when we scroll between screens and the hub. I hope someone from BlackBerry Sweden reads this and helps improve the wallpaper API or something so us devs can go crazy

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:45 PM
    I tried some stuff with the wallpapers and with the API we have today it seems impossible. When we change the background picture, the OS takes a few milliseconds to process, and even the slowest changes are pretty lagged when we scroll between screens and the hub. I hope someone from BlackBerry Sweden reads this and helps improve the wallpaper API or something so us devs can go crazy

Posted via CB10
    For sure they would have to change it. BB10 doesn't even support live wallpapers or parallax when TAT has been doing thing for other OS' for years. They invented parallax..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:38 AM
    For sure they would have to change it. BB10 doesn't even support live wallpapers or parallax when TAT has been doing thing for other OS' for years. They invented parallax..

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Even a small change like allowing us to set the "position" (x,y) for the current background image without reloading it would help a lot

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:28 AM
    Damn good idea. Someone make this happen!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:31 AM
    Exactly! Even a small change like allowing us to set the "position" (x,y) for the current background image without reloading it would help a lot

Posted via CB10
    theme API, parallax and live wall paper API is a must and TAT has done all of that. Unleash themmmm
    10-06-13 12:29 PM
    sounds like a copy of the iPhone's panoramic wallpaper feature to me
    10-06-13 12:37 PM
    Everyone with the damn iPhone innovations.

It's been on android for a couple of years and TAT recreated parallax in 2009
    N4bb.com/ios-7-parallax-features-looks-like-tat-concept-video/

Live wallpapers and panorama was on androids for years as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 01:44 PM
    Everyone with the damn iPhone innovations.

It's been on android for a couple of years and TAT recreated parallax in 2009
    N4bb.com/ios-7-parallax-features-looks-like-tat-concept-video/

Live wallpapers and panorama was on androids for years as well.

Posted via CB10
    Tilt to panorama was not on android, only swipe. Dont know what you're talking about.

Who gives a fudge about a TAT concept video? Wake everyone up when one of their ideas ever makes it to an end product.

Never see Google and Apple teasing features for android or iOS that never never make it the end product.
    10-06-13 01:56 PM
    Tilt to panorama was not on android, only swipe. Dont know what you're talking about.

Who gives a fudge about a TAT concept video? Wake everyone up when one of their ideas ever makes it to an end product.

Never see Google and Apple teasing features for android or iOS that never never make it the end product.

http://code.google.com/p/android-ope...d31678bf08ab27 Ohhh and this was 2011 btw..

I have no idea what Blackberry is doing with TAT which I give you that. Teasing about everything and even that unreal BBM/SMS pc demo during Jam Asia we will never see either. But before Blackberry TAT revolutionized everything in UI. Their end product did make it to mostly android and a bit on apple.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:20 PM
    Not sure what your link is supposed to show.
    Android Application that uses the OpenCV stitching library for creating panoramic pictures.

This thread is about panoramic wallpaper.
    10-06-13 05:29 PM
    Not sure what your link is supposed to show.
    Android Application that uses the OpenCV stitching library for creating panoramic pictures.

This thread is about panoramic wallpaper.
    http://www.addictivetips.com/android...er-on-android/
    April 2013 is panorama wallpaper on android.

So not only apple creates panorama on phone they created the panorama live wallpapers to eh.. lol

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:40 PM
    At least do a search on google before you "think" you know what you are talking about.

The reason why apple doesn't tease is because they don't innovate anything. They just steal and present it as their own creation for us niave North Americans(90% americans).

Airdrop = wifi direct with a fancy name and less functionality with cute polish. But it was innovative right?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pass the motion sickness pills; parallax motion is exactly what's causing people to be quesy on iOS 7.
    10-06-13 07:43 PM
    You said "iPhone's" panorama but it's not iPhone's and it never was. You are freaking out over something completely irrelevant. I tossed a couple of links proving nothing about panorama was ever "iPhone's" in any way shape or form. Sure it can be baked in the OS that's great. Just like BB "Story Maker", I wouldn't say it's Blackberry's because it has been done before.

I do throw links because if i don't, people would deny it. You did deny it until you found out you were wrong and now you are angry.

Not a fan boy of android, I've never had one in my life.

Have a good night sir and let's be friends and help BB. I'm done with fighting with you on the forums haha
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 10-06-13 at 09:00 PM. Reason: removed attack
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-06-13 07:53 PM
    I hope you're both done, cause it's making both of you look bad, and points will be awarded if it continues.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    10-06-13 08:40 PM
    @ElGusta: You don't justify bad behavior by pointing towards other bad behavior.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    10-06-13 09:08 PM
    @ElGusta: You don't justify bad behavior by pointing towards other bad behavior.

This would have more appropriate as a PM, no?
    But judging by the culture here, I guess I should be thankful for the public spank. Good Sir. You have surely set me on the right path.
    10-06-13 09:16 PM
    I don't think so. If nobody is interested in getting back on topic, perhaps it's time to bring this conversation to an end.

10-06-13 09:35 PM
28 12