We installed BES10 last week to replace another MDM solution and to manage iOS, BB10s. We have handful iOS and many BBs. We will be replacing current BBs with new ones in coming months. The executive staff asked for iOS devices due to cool factor rather than business requirements and now some of them want BB10 for the cool factor..So homedepot loss is not big loss. BB just gotta get bit agressive, release, supply z10s and q10s before the media kills the successul product just like PB. It is once in lifetime chance for BB
    02-12-13 07:04 PM
    The media killed the PlayBook?
    Good to know. The media did an excellent job.
    richardat and aniym like this.
    02-12-13 07:06 PM
    The media? Oh.
    02-12-13 07:07 PM
    Can I ask a question? Why does a company make the general public privy to what smartphones they deploy and why does it become news? This just sounds to me like some anti-BlackBerry news for trolls (both internet and in the mass media) to jump on.
    02-12-13 08:17 PM
    Meh. I've always preferred shopping at Rona anyway. I get air miles there.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:30 PM
    before the media kills the successul product just like PB. It is once in lifetime chance for BB
    The PlayBook launched at the same price as the market leader, only with fewer apps, a smaller screen and incomplete bundled software. The media point that out (and rightfully so). Granted, they do sometimes forget that two million ultimately sold and that sales picked up once the pieces were filled in (mostly) and the price was cut substantially, but you have to blame BlackBerry's execution over the media's bias on this one. In fact, a lot of the reviews you read say something like,

"Cool OS, I see the potential, but where are the apps and the email? And when is this coming to phones in place of the old OS?"
    02-12-13 08:31 PM
    We installed BES10 last week to replace another MDM solution and to manage iOS, BB10s. We have handful iOS and many BBs. We will be replacing current BBs with new ones in coming months. The executive staff asked for iOS devices due to cool factor rather than business requirements and now some of them want BB10 for the cool factor..So homedepot loss is not big loss. BB just gotta get bit agressive, release, supply z10s and q10s before the media kills the successul product just like PB. It is once in lifetime chance for BB
    How are you finding BES 10 as an MDM?
    02-12-13 08:31 PM
    Why cant the Z10 perform the same task?
    Because of a distinct lack of quality Point of Sale applications available for BB10.

Raytheon has dropped BB as well. Don't know how many phones that is, but they have about 75,000 employees.
    02-12-13 08:38 PM
    *BLINK*

Did you call the play book a "successful product?"
    richardat and aniym like this.
    02-12-13 08:40 PM
    Just found out that Home Depot is recalling Blackberries from their management staff and replacing them with iPhone 4S's.

HD used the devices for in house applications as well as for communications. So I am guessing these apps have already been re-written if devices are going back. I belive the transition is to be complete in the next 60 days.

Sad they didn't wait to see if BB10 satisfied their needs before throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

~S
    02-12-13 08:58 PM
    There are quite a few retailers using I pads to replace desktops. Both Verizon Wireless and AT&T use them in their retail stores and seem to work fine.
    02-12-13 09:00 PM
    Add me on that list.
    I've noticed a few comments like this....almost commented on the first. Do you guys ever sit back and think about what you're saying in perspective.

You are going to stop shopping at a store you patronize, BECAUSE they don't use the phone you like.

Just blows me away. As some people will know, I loathe MS....but you don't see me shunning people or businesses because I find out they use Windows. Do you stop going to restaurants because you find out they use Pepsi instead of Coke? Would it sound silly to you if a friend told you he/she did? (think about it: at least Pepsi/Coke would be a difference that actually affects you, since you drink it. What phone the employees are issued doesn't make a meaningful difference to your experience)

If you RAN a business, and in the myriad details, and decisions you have to make every day, if a person came up to you and said: I heard you switched contracts and you're going to use HP instead of Dell.....well I'm not SHOPPING Here anymore! Big mistake buddy!!! *****!!!!" What would you think??
    02-12-13 11:13 PM
    That's not what the article said. While no loss is a good thing, Home Depot dropping 10,000 BlackBerrys (if true) out of 79 million is not going to cause RIM to lay off 10,000 people.
    No. It's true.

They were ripping off Home Depot big time.

;-)
    02-12-13 11:17 PM
    I'm going to Rona
    02-12-13 11:21 PM
    I'm going to Rona
    LOL! If it makes you feel better. Maybe somebody can buy you some iced cream after! :-)
    02-12-13 11:33 PM
    I've noticed a few comments like this....almost commented on the first. Do you guys ever sit back and think about what you're saying in perspective.

You are going to stop shopping at a store you patronize, BECAUSE they don't use the phone you like.

Just blows me away. As some people will know, I loathe MS....but you don't see me shunning people or businesses because I find out they use Windows. Do you stop going to restaurants because you find out they use Pepsi instead of Coke? Would it sound silly to you if a friend told you he/she did? (think about it: at least Pepsi/Coke would be a difference that actually affects you, since you drink it. What phone the employees are issued doesn't make a meaningful difference to your experience)

If you RAN a business, and in the myriad details, and decisions you have to make every day, if a person came up to you and said: I heard you switched contracts and you're going to use HP instead of Dell.....well I'm not SHOPPING Here anymore! Big mistake buddy!!! *****!!!!" What would you think??
    I stopped wearing clothes because cotton plants use up oxygen, and dagnabbit, if no one makes a stand for mankind, I will.
    richardat likes this.
    02-12-13 11:48 PM
    I dunno why but my guts tell me number of subscribers has already fallen from 79million
    02-13-13 12:20 PM
    Meh. I've always preferred shopping at Rona anyway. I get air miles there.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Has Rona switched to iPhones too????
    02-13-13 12:23 PM
    I dunno why but my guts tell me number of subscribers has already fallen from 79million
    Yeah it down to 55million from 79million according the media!! It amazes me how well the media drives the market today, when they say anything bad about a company or the markets the traders and shock holders panic and the markets go from bad to worst. Same thing goes for all markets, if the media had excepted RIMs (BBRYs) return with the Z10 and not added their own DOOM and GLOOM to the story of the release of the Z10 I am sure they would be doing a lot better in Canada and soon the USA.

It's a good thing I don't listen to the news all the time or I too would become a zombie like the rest of you!

Kidding about the rest of you being zombies!
    02-13-13 02:51 PM
69 123