Ya I manage good and bes. Frankly, I can't stand the BAD solution but users want their iOS and android and we demand secured data at rest.
    02-09-13 08:02 PM
    Well just like Lows and now Home Depot lol, no problem lets wait until they get hacked, I am sure they will be crauling back to BlackBerry 10.
    The issue with Home Depot is they've already signed a contract for the iPhones last year I believe. Now that the BB10 is out, I can see Home Depot coming back to BlackBerry after this contract is up.

BlackBerry 10 will sell itself, that is how good it is.
    Lol this excuse is so 2010.

Going Ham using Tapatalk
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-09-13 08:11 PM
    Pretty sure the deal was buy a 4s and get a super Nintendo free!
    bigbmc26 and tHe.iR1sH like this.
    02-09-13 09:12 PM
    As opposed to buy a Z10 now and the apps you want are "committed"..

Sigh.
    02-09-13 09:18 PM
    The Z10 is an excellent product. Word of mouth will spread, and everyone will be buying this phone. Home Depot made this decision last year and messed up.
    02-09-13 09:20 PM
    Who's next to bail?
    nathan3d likes this.
    02-10-13 05:27 AM
    Is this coz Home Depot needed to upgrade to BES10?
    02-10-13 11:28 AM
    02-10-13 01:50 PM
    home depot....hahaha
    02-10-13 02:11 PM
    10,000 devices? that's quite a number, though not the end of the world, though.

On a side note, I'm tired of seeing "RIM, oops, I mean BlackBerry" and "RIM BlackBerry" etc.
    02-10-13 05:51 PM
    I was in some big chain department store in the States and the customer service rep completed all sales transaction using an Iphone and a credit card swipe attachment. Apparently the plan is to remove the old school cashier machines for the whole franchise.
    If that's the case it makes total sense for any retail company to move to an Iphone for all employees, if they are performing point of sale transactions using the same device, writing a system for one device and os just makes better business sense.
    02-11-13 09:13 AM
    And this didn't happen over night.
    HD has probable been working on this for quite a while, even if they wanted to use BB they didn't really have the option. They knew BB7 was being phased out, so no reason to use it (even it they could). And they would have had to WAIT and WAIT for an unproven and untried BB10...

But the KEY isn't the 10K HD users... but just how many other small companies are doing the same thing. My concern is how many small (1 - 50 devices) companies were using BESX and will end up going to non-managed devices - at which point there would be no reason to force everyone to buy one device, unless there is an app that is required for work.
    02-11-13 03:10 PM
    Will be getting my supplies at rona from now on
    Add me on that list.
    02-11-13 03:33 PM
    I can't believe that this justifies a thread. Home Depot are not exactly the centre of the corporate world. Year old news and not worth repeating.
    Tell that to the analyst and stock market, another iblind.
    02-11-13 03:35 PM
    Ok you can't get to the webpage, i think apple did something.
    Can anyone post it here?
    02-11-13 03:48 PM
    The Z10 is an excellent product. Word of mouth will spread, and everyone will be buying this phone. Home Depot made this decision last year and messed up.
    I'm positive I've heard that this isn't the first time "Home Depot" was 'dropping' BlackBerry. Not really sure why old news caused the stock to drop. I think this decision has been in the cards for quite some time.
    02-11-13 03:49 PM
    And this didn't happen over night.
    HD has probable been working on this for quite a while, even if they wanted to use BB they didn't really have the option. They knew BB7 was being phased out, so no reason to use it (even it they could). And they would have had to WAIT and WAIT for an unproven and untried BB10....

that's the big thing that is puzzling about a lot of the comments. BlackBerry 10 has not even been out two weeks. Corporations with that many phones take a huge amount of time to make a decision. They were probably starting down this path when BlackBerry 6 was still in testing.

As for the arguments about iPhone being hacked, come on. Can someone point me to an instance where a corporation's iPhones have been hacked? Not disputing there are probably still certain ways in which BlackBerry has the edge in security and manageability, but I think people here sometimes blindly discount iPhone and Android as being devoid of enterprise features.
    02-11-13 03:52 PM
    Another question. Did the Home Depot execs sell BBRY short before the announcement?
    02-12-13 03:39 AM
    I was in some big chain department store in the States and the customer service rep completed all sales transaction using an Iphone and a credit card swipe attachment. Apparently the plan is to remove the old school cashier machines for the whole franchise.
    If that's the case it makes total sense for any retail company to move to an Iphone for all employees, if they are performing point of sale transactions using the same device, writing a system for one device and os just makes better business sense.
    Why cant the Z10 perform the same task?
    02-12-13 03:43 AM
    a drop in the ocean ... can't you fell how the sea is less salted ?
    This is a non-event promoted to serve several purposes ... probably stock related.
    Getting a load of 4s' right now is pretty questioning about HD performance (and available cash); that's the point I'd notice in this ...
    02-12-13 04:02 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Those analysts and Hedge funds who are strongly APPL vested are very good at what they do ... but in the end consumers will speak . and so far .. BB Z10 customers are not deterred from buying the coolest smart phone out there right now .. and that's Blackberry!
    02-12-13 04:11 AM
    BBRY's stock dropped by 4.6% and it said BBRY will have to let go as many as 10,000 people.

Home Depot iPhone switch short-circuits BlackBerry stock | Mobile - CNET News

If this keeps up BBRY will have to move their corporate sales and manufacturing offices to foreign soil just to stay a float!
    02-12-13 05:59 AM
    10,000 devices? that's quite a number, though not the end of the world, though.

On a side note, I'm tired of seeing "RIM, oops, I mean BlackBerry" and "RIM BlackBerry" etc.
    Good luck with that and getting people to change.
    02-12-13 09:08 AM
    BBRY's stock dropped by 4.6% and it said BBRY will have to let go as many as 10,000 people.
    That's not what the article said. While no loss is a good thing, Home Depot dropping 10,000 BlackBerrys (if true) out of 79 million is not going to cause RIM to lay off 10,000 people.
    02-12-13 09:21 AM
    Maybe Home Depot JUST COULDN'T WAIT until the end of March for the BlackBerry Z10.
    02-12-13 10:34 AM
69 123