That was one feature I was NOT expecting to see on the Playbook mini keyboard when eventually released. I'm floored after seeing the news update on the leaked ads! I hope it's true and the price is right... ah who am I kidding I'm gonna buy it regardless!
    jordandrews90 and JPMorgan_ like this.
    01-25-12 01:19 PM
    A photo or a link? Maybe a smoke signal or two?
    01-25-12 01:22 PM
    It's on the main page quick run!
    01-25-12 01:24 PM
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that thing. Well, what are they waiting for?
    01-25-12 01:26 PM
    I just looked at berryreview.com they said it's being shipped out, they have indepth slides including finger controls for the touchpad.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-25-12 01:28 PM
    This was supposed to be out last year in October I believe. If it was last year, I would have snatched one up. Waiting to see how we can use out handsets to control our PB first. Looks great for those that are looking for a product like that.
    01-25-12 01:33 PM
    I wonder if the difference between Oct and Feb meant the touchpad? For a new Pb owner this is great news, hope original buyers with keyboards already aren't too upset, but like you mentioned the phone as a remote does make up for it a little! Gosh, which one to be excited over more? I can't choose
    01-25-12 01:52 PM
    Wow, can't wait to see it. It's a good thing life intervened and I didn't get the Playbook last year as I originally intended.
    01-25-12 03:06 PM
    the trackpad makes it a must have
    01-25-12 03:16 PM
    Kinda makes it into a BlackBerry laptop no?
    01-25-12 03:22 PM
    it's all about mobile computing!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    01-25-12 03:53 PM
    It just became #1 on my accessory list . It just looks to KOOL not to have
    01-25-12 03:59 PM
    Why does the 4th slide and the thumbnail slide show the PlayBook with a Windows 7 desktop?
    Not only does it have the Windows 7 wallpaper but you can see the taskbar and the Start Menu has been opened.
    01-25-12 04:05 PM
    Why does the 4th slide and the thumbnail slide show the PlayBook with a Windows 7 desktop?
    Not only does it have the Windows 7 wallpaper but you can see the taskbar and the Start Menu has been opened.
    Click to view quoted image
    It is probably showing off Citrix. It's much easier to control a remote Windows 7 desktop if you have a trackpad rather than relying solely on the touchscreen.
    01-25-12 04:12 PM
    It is probably showing off Citrix. It's much easier to control a remote Windows 7 desktop if you have a trackpad rather than relying solely on the touchscreen.
    Maybe, but the other slides all have a default "regular" PlayBook desktop

azrin640 likes this.
    01-25-12 04:14 PM
    Finally, been waiting for months now. Count me in the camp of pretty much buying regardless of price (unless I can get another playbook for it). Ever since my netbook died I've been wanting to use the PB as my full time mobile computing solution, but I've been waiting on this BT keyboard/trackpad. BB remote control is not sufficient for editing documents or writing lengthy emails.

With OS2.0 launching around the corner as well I feel like I will be getting a whole new device. Couldn't be a happier PB owner at this point.
    01-25-12 04:26 PM
    What I find interesting is that RIM is releasing this keyboard now. I'm making a bunch of broad assumptions, so bear with me on this one.

I assume that the current crop of Playbooks are currently being cleared out.

I assume that the 'new' Playbook' will be out shortly after the keyboard.

I assume the new Playbook will have a different form factor than this one.

Therefore, this particular model of keyboard is being targeted at existing Playbook owners. If so, it is an interesting way for RIM to recoup some of the written off revenue for Playbooks by getting owners who bought at deep discounts to spend money on high margin accessories.

I know that I've been waiting for this to come out. If my assumptions are correct, this accessory is win/win.
    01-25-12 04:33 PM
    First post - although I've been visiting this great site for a few months now.

I purchased the Playbook exclusively for the keyboard/mouse pairing. When it works (HP Touchpad keyboard and Dell Travel Mouse) it's been absolutely magical. Like - no need for laptop cool. I can reference email attachments and send lengthy emails w/o having to boot up my work laptop. But...

The damn connection keeps getting dropped. On good sessions, only the keyboard gets dropped if idle for a few minutes and then reconnects when I go back to settings/Bluetooth device. It's a total PITA but worth it and still FAR less time compared to a Windows to boot up... Sometimes both devices die in mid-use only to come back 30 seconds later (just happened now as I type this). On bad sessions, both devices die and refuse to reconnect until a full reboot.

After a month of use I finally called it quits and started planning a return to FS only to see this thread. Now I've known about the new keyboard but frankly it's size as a little off for me, and I prefer a mouse to trackpad. However, the portability is better than hauling a mouse/keyboard (not used all the time though).

So here's my wish list for the new keyboard, knowing that if only 1/2 of these are delivered I'd still love it FAR more than my iPad2:

1) PLEASE fix the Bluetooth connection. It's 2012 and Bluetooth has been around for how long?
    2) Does the trackpad support pinch-to-zoom? I've seen no references to that.
    3) Alt-Tab to switch apps instead of trackpad drag one finger to left/right edge and two-finger tap to right-click and switch apps.
    4) I saw Ctrl reference in the berryreview.com thread - good! Please make sure to include Ctrl C/V/Z
    5) Clipboard to carry text between apps. Man I hope that's in OS2
    6) Single press multiple-action on a button. Press 'delete' once instead of 50 times to erase a sentence in this post.
    7) What's holding the tablet up when paired with the keyboard?

IMO RIM's remaining edge over Apple is on corporate workflow efficiencies, exploit that! Apple is set in their maddening/controlling methodology of offering some cool features but holding back on those great Windows features we've taken foregranted...
    msmara likes this.
    01-25-12 05:50 PM
    Click to view quoted image
    & also the slides are riddled with typos, mistakes, and grammatical errors.. They didn’t even capitalize BlackBerry correctly (at least some of the time), nor PlayBook
    Last edited by bbpandy; 01-25-12 at 11:33 PM.
    01-25-12 06:44 PM
    They also the slides are riddled with typos, mistakes, and grammatical errors.. They didn�t even capitalize BlackBerry correctly (at least some of the time), nor PlayBook
    Yeah that too.

I'm beginning to wonder if this slide deck was more of a "fanboy production" based on something they've seen or heard rather than something official.
    01-25-12 10:48 PM
    Yeah that too.

I'm beginning to wonder if this slide deck was more of a "fanboy production" based on something they've seen or heard rather than something official.
    Noo I hope not!
    01-25-12 11:52 PM
    It has to come. I've seen the Hipstreet keyboards and all but this has that trackpad and I must have it. Please RIM, OS 2 is looking so amazing its wild, please lets this come to market now.
    01-26-12 12:29 AM
    with the announcement of being able to use my bold 9900 as a keyboard and mouse i'm not very interested in this accessory anymore.
    01-26-12 12:42 AM
    Only question is, which will hit us first.
    01-26-12 12:49 AM
    I've seen one similar @ staples hook up via bluetooth comes also with carrying case. I'll try to pass by 2morrow and check it out.
    01-26-12 01:29 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD