Which way do you put your BlackBerry in the holster? How does it make it go to sleep? What does it mean when its asleep?
    04-27-08 10:00 PM
    I don't think it makes a difference which way you holster your Berry, but I holster mine screen facing in. This may be due to the 7520 that I used to have from Nextel (you could only holster the one way with the OEM holster).
    04-27-08 10:05 PM
    Which way do you put your BlackBerry in the holster?
    I put my in with the battery cover facing out.

How does it make it go to sleep?
    There is a small magnet in the holster. The phone is able to detect this magnet when you put it into the holster.

What does it mean when its asleep?
    It means that the phone is using less energy. You can also set different profile notifications for the phone. You can set in holster and out of holster notifications for events/actions.
    04-27-08 10:07 PM
    Yeah, the stock holster that came with the phone only goes one way
    I bought a spe holster off cb for $25 and it works great with the sleeper magnet and you can holster it with the screen facing in or out. I always holster mine with the screen facing out just due to habit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 10:19 PM
    Welcome to CB newbie As the others have said it depends on what holster that you are useing. I have the bb OEM and you can do it both ways but I always go screen out.
    04-27-08 10:23 PM
    I had mine screen face in. Somehow I always have trouble with BB facing out and it just sort of brushes the key whenever I pull it out.

04-27-08 10:24 PM
    I usually have mine facing in, in case I bump into something I wont scratch the screen
    04-27-08 10:41 PM
    Welcome newbie !
    04-27-08 10:45 PM
    With a shield on, sometimes facing out so when I'm in meetings, I can quickly look at who's calling rather than unclipping to see.
    04-27-08 10:46 PM
    Mine faces to the outside and its the magnets. Welcome to CB.
    04-27-08 10:46 PM
    I face mine inside incase i hit something it doesnt mess up the face. I have a cover around the the edges and back so im not as worried about the back.
    05-03-08 12:52 PM
    Screen towards me, battery cover facing out...
    05-03-08 01:00 PM
    Skin on, facing in.

On my 8100, it wouldn't fit with the skin on, but it works great with my Curve.
    05-03-08 01:18 PM
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was trying to understand what exactly the holster was. So I'm understanding it's the leather pouch that comes with the phone originally and this puts the phone to sleep once you put it in?
    05-03-08 02:31 PM
    Mine is put in facing out.

05-03-08 02:54 PM
    Screen facing in to protect it from drops.
    05-03-08 03:32 PM
    I put mine in with the scrreen facing that little outsert with the Blackberry emblem (so the trackball fits in the groove and doesn't get squished. That way the back holster which is higher covers the camera lens.
    05-03-08 05:14 PM
    I was putting the screen facing in, but one day in the car the buckle got loose and somehow worked its way into the holster. The result was a nice scratch on the screen from the emblem on the outside of the buckle. What a drag!!!
    05-30-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD