Any thoughts on why bbry's market share is so bad in your country?
    Good question... just what is BlackBerry's market share in Canada these days?
    09-07-13 10:17 AM
    Good question... just what is BlackBerry's market share in Canada these days?
    We can use statcounter data if you'd like, last I heard it was 30%

Last real data was 13.5%.
    bp3dots and JeepBB like this.
    09-07-13 11:23 AM
    Exactly -- the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    You get that from the boondocks lol?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:29 AM
    I have already publicly stated that I know who shot jfk.
    Shhh......don't ruin it for them.

Posted via my sexy z10 (~_*)
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-07-13 12:01 PM
    Exactly -- the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Well in some cases it is. You have to be critical of unsubstantiated "evidence." As an example there is no lockness "monster." There is a definitive absense of evidence which most definitely IS evidence of absense. History will be the judge of what occurs in the next several months since only then will all pertinent information be available. At this point the financial speculators are no better than you or I flipping a coing to determine what is going to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-07-13 12:14 PM
    09-07-13 12:20 PM
    On an extreme tangent but let me just state: Despite what seems to be almost universal apathy -> hatred of that movie, I love it, and think it a masterpiece..
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-07-13 05:48 PM
    Well in some cases it is. You have to be critical of unsubstantiated "evidence." As an example there is no lockness "monster." There is a definitive absense of evidence which most definitely IS evidence of absense. History will be the judge of what occurs in the next several months since only then will all pertinent information be available. At this point the financial speculators are no better than you or I flipping a coing to determine what is going to happen.

Without getting too far into impractical metaphysics, I disagree. The absence of evidence only provides weight insofar as one expects there should be evidence. In the case of loch Ness, it is unlikely a whale, for example lives in the lake, as we would expect to see it far more often, especially with decades/centuries of observation in a populated area. This on the other hand is exactly the opposite: an international secret. Even now, we have little beyond rumors and leaks. All of which seem relatively recent. If you had assumed - a short time ago -other phones were not able to be hacked, you would have been wrong. The simple fact that BB wasn't mentioned (along with many other OS), does NOT mean that it cannot be hacked. I would certainly not accept it as fact, or even, strong evidence. I'd also advise anyone who truly has life-altering private information to not make the same assumption!
    09-07-13 05:58 PM
    And unfortunately one of a few of M Night's good movies.

richardat likes this.
    09-07-13 06:01 PM
    Without getting too far into impractical metaphysics, I disagree. The absence of evidence only provides weight insofar as one expects there should be evidence. In the case of loch Ness, it is unlikely a whale, for example lives in the lake, as we would expect to see it far more often, especially with decades/centuries of observation in a populated area. This on the other hand is exactly the opposite: an international secret. Even now, we have little beyond rumors and leaks. All of which seem relatively recent. If you had assumed - a short time ago -other phones were not able to be hacked, you would have been wrong. The simple fact that BB wasn't mentioned (along with many other OS), does NOT mean that it cannot be hacked. I would certainly not accept it as fact, or even, strong evidence. I'd also advise anyone who truly has life-altering private information to not make the same assumption!
    This is a more practical statement as it offers plausable explanations and not a statement with an inflexible premise.

richardat likes this.
    09-07-13 06:10 PM
    Why is this a debate? Everything is hackable...

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:11 PM
    I could be the typical non Albertian and blame Harper. But I'm not.

Carriers.

Posted via CB10
    You spelled Albertan wrong. You must be from Ontario.

Actually from what I've seen the carriers are doing a pretty good job advertising BB. Next idea?
    09-07-13 07:00 PM
    It's a matter of processing power.

It's possible the NSA may be able to hack through BBRY's encryption, but that takes time and processing power, which are both limited.

So the more people using BBM, the more time and processing power gets tied up in cracking that encryption. Given a large enough population utilizing the technology, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the sheer volume of messages they'd have to decrypt.
    09-07-13 09:29 PM
    You spelled Albertan wrong. You must be from Ontario.
    Originally, yes and my Z10 auto corrected it. Been out west for over 30 years and despise the East.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/07...ion.html?_r=0&

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:36 PM
    Yes I understand. Every company has "mis-steps", every one. But do you not think in the past 2-3 years Blackberry has been trying to change the "mis-step"?

Let's say in theory when Apple releases the 5c for the Asian market and there is a gross problem with the device much like "antenna gate". You think the media will jump all over it like they do with Blackberry?

Or how about this, why does the Asian market need a completely different Apple device? Does it have a technology to circumvent Chinese ISP firewalls? What is inherently different about the 5c over the 5s? Was Blackberry approached not to market the BB10 devices into certain Asian markets because of Apples future expansion?
    The 5c is expected to be a budget iPhone, meant to sell in those low income markets where WP and Android are cleaning up right now.
    09-07-13 11:12 PM
    I'm sick and tired of all this NSA scaremongering that is rampant on all the tech sites. It seems like every day there are more so-called "revelations" about the NSA and its nefarious activities. People need to wake and realize that many of these so-called claims about the NSA are nothing new. The NSA's charter and activities have been known for decades and were quite well exposed by author James Bamford in a number of his books starting with "The Puzzle Palace". Furthermore, the NSA is not some magical agency that can intercept and decrypt all forms of communications traffic instantly nor are they capable of securing most operating systems from concentrated attacks. The technology to perform such activities simply does not exist despite what is reported.

The deliberate attempt to create fear and spread disinformation about the NSA has its origins within the intelligence apparatus. There is a silent war going on that will affect the lives of everyone who values their privacy and security.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    09-08-13 02:06 AM
    Oh hang on, I know what's going on. Someone just posted on the forum a picture of the British PM with a BlackBerry, so it's obvious now with the US president being a BlackBerry fan and of course the German govt purchase. The world's governments will make a collective purchase of BlackBerry, kick us all off and keep it to themselves for their own security. Tin foil hat off

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    09-08-13 02:11 AM
    And unfortunately one of a few of M Night's good movies.

Agreed. It's unfortunate....love the atmosphere and imagery in all his movies, but the rest range from good but one trick movies (6th sense) to not-a-bad-premise-but-poorly-arced (village) down to sheer awfulness.
    09-08-13 02:14 AM
93 ... 234