So I go through a Starbucks drive thru today and the hipster kid (beanie in 98 degree heat, disc earings & beard) at the window scans my phone and says "hey cool, one of the new BlackBerry's!. They're getting popular again, I'm seeing more and more of them lately ". I'm in Woodland Hills, CA. Could it be happening?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 10:34 PM
    I don't know about that but a grassroots movement could be slowly occurring for some.

Some users have gone back to BlackBerry from other platforms but not many.

Whenever people I know see my BlackBerry they do talk fondly about their time when they had their BlackBerry phones.

Ironically I had a guy at Starbucks tell me he missed his BlackBerry cause it allowed him to do his high school homework on it. LOL. I graduated from high school in 2003 and I don't ever recall using computers in the classroom let alone using my smartphone. Times have changed I guess.

The BlackBerry die hards will be keeping the remaining stock busy for a few years I think.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    08-20-16 12:13 AM
    New BlackBerry android devices have not really connected to the grassroot market.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 02:52 AM
    I hope it's true. BlackBerry needs this to happen for the hardware division to survive

Long Live BB10!
    David Tyler, CDM76 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    08-20-16 03:35 AM
    I Laughed. BlackBerry Hardware Is Dead... Too Many Fish In The Sea Right Now

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    08-20-16 04:05 AM
    Depends on how the next couple of phones is priced and received by the consumers

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-20-16 04:19 AM
    Laserdiscs and 8-track tapes are also making a comeback, I hear.
    08-20-16 07:34 AM
    Actually I could see hipsters getting BlackBerry phones just to be different again. It used to be that Iphones were rare enough for hipsters but not anymore.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler, Gebo, DJM626 and 4 others like this.
    08-20-16 09:51 AM
    Hipsters also seem to have a thing for drinking PBR from the can, but it still tastes like weasel ****.
    bh7171, KAM1138, DJM626 and 4 others like this.
    08-20-16 12:11 PM
    So I go through a Starbucks drive thru today and the hipster kid (beanie in 98 degree heat, disc earings & beard) at the window scans my phone and says "hey cool, one of the new BlackBerry's!. They're getting popular again, I'm seeing more and more of them lately ". I'm in Woodland Hills, CA. Could it be happening?

Posted via CB10
    Your hipster kid is sniffing something , and it is not coffee.

Posted via CB10
    Wezard likes this.
    08-20-16 12:26 PM
    I think a pkb BlackBerry would be the ultimate hipster accessory, but what do I know. People see me with my BlackBerry and call me an old timer, and im only 82!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    this sounds like the guy who knows the guy................LOL
    08-20-16 01:26 PM
    It might be happening,,they just need to market the upcoming Argon n Rome right and people would start jumping on the bandwagon again,blackberry stands unique n they just need one hit whether it be rome, argon or dtek50.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 01:28 PM
    I believe it. They made VCR's and cassette tapes and the old Walkman's popular again in my city, in fact there are stores that cater to their lifestyle/fashion, etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-20-16 01:31 PM
    My white Passport to this day gets most inquisitive looks and comments of "Hey that's one cool looking device. What is it?" I was at an industry event for our business last week in Los Angeles and taking notes as OEM car manufactures were discussing repair protocols. I had 3 or 4 people inquire noting they liked the screen and keyboard. The Passport is an original in a sea of slabs. The only other cool device that stood out to me was a gentleman using a PRIV, which now has me researching. (gorgeous device in the flesh) We acknowledged each other with a polite nod.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-20-16 01:54 PM
    While I'm not a hipster, I've been using an iPhone as my primary for the past 5 years. I've been waiting for BlackBerry to release a great phone. I don't think they've hit the mark yet. Waiting on that Rome/Mercury/whatever...
    08-20-16 01:57 PM
    I don't know about that but a grassroots movement could be slowly occurring for some.

Some users have gone back to BlackBerry from other platforms but not many.

Whenever people I know see my BlackBerry they do talk fondly about their time when they had their BlackBerry phones.

Ironically I had a guy at Starbucks tell me he missed his BlackBerry cause it allowed him to do his high school homework on it. LOL. I graduated from high school in 2003 and I don't ever recall using computers in the classroom let alone using my smartphone. Times have changed I guess.

The BlackBerry die hards will be keeping the remaining stock busy for a few years I think.

Posted via CB10
    I can't remember if I graduated from High School. But, if so, it was long, long before you. I did briefly learn how to use a slide rule for college chemistry.
    08-20-16 03:43 PM
    Unbelievable, don't ever let me be in a lifeboat with most of you on this post talk about the half empty crowd, actually yes that would work in my favour as most you would jump overboard the first day leaving me with the provisions.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 03:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I could totally imagine it's True... No Advertising, word of Mouth only and BlackBerry doesn't even profit on making your Phone.
    08-20-16 04:19 PM
    Laserdiscs and 8-track tapes are also making a comeback, I hear.
    No, but Vinyl did...
    Gebo, FF22, Carjackd and 3 others like this.
    08-20-16 04:19 PM
    No, but Vinyl did...
    Vinyl actually was always available, it always could be ordered, DJ's and other professionals had access to them, but yeah for the general public now it's big again. Turntables can be purchased anywhere now it seems.

acovey likes this.
    08-20-16 04:50 PM
    The only other cool device that stood out to me was a gentleman using a PRIV, which now has me researching. (gorgeous device in the flesh) We acknowledged each other with a polite nod.
    I was awestruck when I handled it in a physical store.. Its really an elegant device.. I wasn't a big fan until I saw it and got to play with it a little.
    08-20-16 05:07 PM
    Vinyl actually was always available, it always could be ordered, DJ's and other professionals had access to them, but yeah for the general public now it's big again. Turntables can be purchased anywhere now it seems.

There was a 15-20 year break where my local electronic store wasn't selling Vinyl, now it's back. When my Brothers Band Tours, people only want to buy Vinyl and nothing else, you download or stream Digital for free online.
    Last edited by DaDaDogg; 08-24-16 at 03:12 PM.
    djchrisluna likes this.
    08-20-16 05:18 PM
    "Its hip to be square!"

- Passport marketing slogan circa 2014
    08-20-16 05:40 PM
    No, but Vinyl did...
    More to the point, Apple did.
    08-20-16 06:30 PM
112 123 ...