Wait.....Hipsters like old things, Vinyl, cassettes, old Walkmans, etc. so am I safe in assuming that Hipsters would probably only go for Legacy Blackberries and not something as new as say.....a Q10 or a Dtek. They probably are focussing on anything with a physical keyboard only device. So maybe a Q10 might be the newest they would consider, or a Classic, but my bet is Legacy for them.

I'm going to pay attention now when I see them, and I always do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-16 01:00 PM
    I can't remember if I graduated from High School. But, if so, it was long, long before you. I did briefly learn how to use a slide rule for college chemistry.
    Ahh, but the question is, did you calculate out natural logs with pencil and paper?
    08-24-16 01:02 PM
    Ahh, but the question is, did you calculate out natural logs with pencil and paper?
    This must be one of those trick questions. Is this modified true and false, one or more of the following or explain your answer in a brief paragraph. I would answer the question only if I could figure out what you are talking about! And wouldn't a true mathematician use INK!
    08-24-16 01:58 PM
    It's not a trick question.

In H.S. we mostly used #2 pencils. Figuring out natural Log's long hand was a requisite for calculating power and possibly capacitance decay if I recall correctly. So, so many years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithmic_scale
    bel and decibel for acoustic* power (loudness)
    * Any increase or decrease in power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel That's what we used it for!
    08-24-16 02:08 PM
    One can get any accessory from Amazon on your doorstep in 1-2 days.
    You can't if that accessory isn't compatible with your phone's OS and/or no one makes it for your phone. Which is the case for a good number of products, and even more apps.
    08-24-16 06:42 PM
    You can't if that accessory isn't compatible with your phone's OS and/or no one makes it for your phone. Which is the case for a good number of products, and even more apps.
    Also, If they actually make that accessory, chances are it will be dumbed down, low quality Internet only crap.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-25-16 09:36 AM
    Your posting, with F2, about working it out with a pencil reminds of the old joke about the constipated mathematician. (forums are too serious lately with all the doom and gloom posts about the end of BB10. Its not over until its over and even then I will be enjoying my Z30 for a long time)

BB, Still the One
    08-25-16 12:49 PM
    Laserdiscs and 8-track tapes are also making a comeback, I hear.
    I know it and that is why I kept mine and the Big Bell jeans! Dude what time is it? 4:20 fire it up at 420 dude
    mofoahh likes this.
    08-25-16 01:27 PM
    I really really hope so! Every person that I speak with I'm always bragging with about my Passport and they always tell me they'd like one of these. Also the Q10 Gold from Dubai but when it comes down to the apps most people back off specially after hearing that Whatsapp won't be working anymore. That's when I use my android running BB devices card and they really like them and them
    08-25-16 07:31 PM
    Not sure what type of movement could occur if you can't even get an OS10 phone from some carriers anymore. I can't see the BlackBerry Android phones being hip because they are just Android phones at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 05:55 PM
    The PKB makes the Priv radically different from any other Android. Or any other phone period.
    Some of us actually use it, makes us faster, more accurate and more efficient.
    Some just use it as a track pad.
    Some just show it off.

You have to admit, in this day and age, a PKB is rather Steam Punkish.
    08-28-16 08:54 AM
    The PKB makes the Priv radically different from any other Android. Or any other phone period.
    Some of us actually use it, makes us faster, more accurate and more efficient.
    Some just use it as a track pad.
    Some just show it off.

You have to admit, in this day and age, a PKB is rather Steam Punkish.
    I agree with you, but no "hipster movement" is occurring with the Priv. Maybe the DTEK or whatever BB has forthcoming, but the Priv is dead and buried as far as sales are concerned. It's coming up on a year old and most carriers don't even offer it in store anymore.
    08-28-16 10:46 AM
    You guys seem to forget that while hipsters do love vintage and anything that isn't mainstream, they worship anything made by Apple.

What's the difference between a hipster and a hobo? One of them has an iPhone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 11:04 AM
    You guys seem to forget that while hipsters do love vintage and anything that isn't mainstream, they worship anything made by Apple.

What's the difference between a hipster and a hobo? One of them has an iPhone

Wouldn't someone using a Blackberry be considered a hipster then? God knows it isn't a mainstream device.

Welcome to the world of being a Blackberry hipster. Once mocked, but now one and the same.
    08-28-16 01:07 PM
    I agree with you, but no "hipster movement" is occurring with the Priv. Maybe the DTEK or whatever BB has forthcoming, but the Priv is dead and buried as far as sales are concerned. It's coming up on a year old and most carriers don't even offer it in store anymore.
    The point I was trying to make is - I can see why the hipsters are attracted to the Priv.
    Obviously Priv sales ****, and no matter how much the hipsters might like it, there aren't enough of them to bring it back from the dead.
    A $350.00 price point will prob cause some short term action. Maybe even $400
    08-28-16 09:07 PM
    I was at Michaels and the cashier said "Wow a Blackberry, my grandmother had one."

My first thought was, pretty good grandmother.

Though grandmothers are a lot of times younger than my experience growing up.
    Next time you bump into her and she has her phone (presumably an iPhone), tell her: "Wow an iPhone. My sheep has one."

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Sairos likes this.
    08-29-16 12:18 AM
    Next time you bump into her and she has her phone (presumably an iPhone), tell her: "Wow an iPhone. My sheep has one."

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Lol, this is the funniest thing I've read in days.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    anon(9158709) likes this.
    08-29-16 04:05 AM
    Showed my boss something on my phone and she nearly blew her lid.

BlackBerry is always popular with people, but not many are buying.

08-29-16 09:33 AM

That's the problem.. There is no visibility for the product.. Some people don't even know the Company still exists.. Its an unfortunate situation.
    08-29-16 02:17 PM
    As a former Bold 9900 user, this Galaxy S6 I am using now feels like it's spiritual upgrade. They have similar chassis accents and build quality, much closer to each other than any BB10 was to the 9900. Stick a Blackberry symbol on it and I could be an honorary hipster too. Lol..

08-29-16 04:37 PM
    Blackberry needs to advertise more. The only reason I came back to Blackberry was the Passport, I found a really good deal on ebay. Just waiting to get it unlocked, so I can put my oneplus 2 to the side. Hell if they still provided service to the RIM 900's I would use one of those instead.
    08-31-16 08:09 PM
    If hipsters start using only BlackBerry phones I may have to sell mine
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    09-01-16 01:13 PM
    That's the problem.. There is no visibility for the product.. Some people don't even know the Company still exists.. Its an unfortunate situation.
    Blackberry still advertise in Canada and is carried by every major canadian carrier. And yet BB have 8.9% of the Canadian market share.

Apple tops Samsung in Canadian smartphone market share: comScore | MobileSyrup.com

Maybe having a product/brand that actually appeals to customer is more important that visibility.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-01-16 03:32 PM

It's not what you CAN do with them that's the problem. The issues arise when people start questioning what you CANNOT do with them.
    09-01-16 04:09 PM
    Blackberry still advertise in Canada and is carried by every major canadian carrier. And yet BB have 8.9% of the Canadian market share.

Apple tops Samsung in Canadian smartphone market share: comScore | MobileSyrup.com

Maybe having a product/brand that actually appeals to customer is more important that visibility.
    Yes that's because most of their offerings were BB10 but that doesn't prove your point.

If you've the best phone out there but don't tell people about it, you get nowhere.. Its a combination of both, a good product and marketing/visibility.. We can't achieve the last part.

HTC is struggling and has recorded loss after loss of revenues. So, are their products not appealing? Hell, they perfected the hardware build when other android OEMs were slapping plastic.. So in the end, No, Its not enough to have a good appealing product. Its not more important than visibility.

Visibility can make a half baked product sell but a good product won't sell without it, no matter how fantastic it is.
    bh7171, MikeX74 and idssteve like this.
    09-01-16 05:16 PM
112 12345