I see more and more BlackBerry pics on Instagram lately. I would say that BlackBerry10 is the most beloved and that Passport is the preferred one by women...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 07:52 PM
    I can't remember if I graduated from High School. But, if so, it was long, long before you. I did briefly learn how to use a slide rule for college chemistry.
    I learned how to use slide rule in HS. Also took a computer programing course, punch cards, had to be shipped downtown and run on a mainframe at night, then shipped back to school in the morning.

That was a bit south of you, in Lakewood / Clover Park area.
    acovey and David Tyler like this.
    08-21-16 10:48 AM
    I learned how to use slide rule in HS. Also took a computer programing course, punch cards, had to be shipped downtown and run on a mainframe at night, then shipped back to school in the morning.

That was a bit south of you, in Lakewood / Clover Park area.
    As I have written before - I was a cobol programmer in a very former life on the other coast. We used punch cards and jcl. It would have taken up a room it not an entire building to get the storage we have on these tiny, little phones.
    acovey and zephyr613 like this.
    08-21-16 11:07 AM
    He was looking for a good tip. Don't take it seriously
    08-21-16 01:07 PM
    BB10 smartphones are all my teenager nephews use. Two Leaps, one classic and one Z10.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-21-16 01:15 PM
    hipsters "had" blackberry's before it was cool.
    acovey likes this.
    08-21-16 03:39 PM
    I'm starting to see more Privs among hipster executives in Serbia. They are trying to separate themselves from cocaine dealers.

Posted via CB10
    Sairos, oldtimeBBaddict and TGR1 like this.
    08-21-16 03:59 PM
    "Its hip to be square!"

- Passport marketing slogan circa 2014
    It still is... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-21-16 04:22 PM
    I think with BB moving into the Android market it will help make them relevant again, but I think Blackberry users will always be Blackberry users. I know I will BB4L!
    08-21-16 04:44 PM
    Yeah, I think so.
    08-21-16 09:28 PM
    I was awestruck when I handled it in a physical store.. Its really an elegant device.. I wasn't a big fan until I saw it and got to play with it a little.
    That's what she said.

The BlackBerry Guy
    donnation and David Tyler like this.
    08-21-16 09:56 PM
    I was at Michaels and the cashier said "Wow a Blackberry, my grandmother had one."

My first thought was, pretty good grandmother.

Though grandmothers are a lot of times younger than my experience growing up.
    acovey likes this.
    08-21-16 10:35 PM
    I was at Michaels and the cashier said "Wow a Blackberry, my grandmother had one."

My first thought was, pretty good grandmother.

Though grandmothers are a lot of times younger than my experience growing up.
    if you think that's bad there was a saying going around social media a couple years ago saying "if he has a Blackberry he is too old to date you"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    08-21-16 10:40 PM
    Was he wearing a silly man bun, too?
    08-21-16 10:42 PM
    I was awestruck when I handled it in a physical store.. Its really an elegant device.. I wasn't a big fan until I saw it and got to play with it a little.
    I love the look. Always said that the full touch device should just be the Priv without the slider or pkb. Would also help with accessories.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    08-21-16 11:20 PM
    I Laughed. BlackBerry Hardware Is Dead... Too Many Fish In The Sea Right Now

Posted via CB10
    So why are you in this pond? Maybe you should be over in the Android pond?
    Sairos and idssteve like this.
    08-22-16 12:52 AM
    I received the same reaction when I handed my Priv over to a lady who was dissing me at first for still using a BlackBerry. She loved the Priv but sadly there are none in store for her to even look at. She has an iPhone5.

Posted via my Priv
    08-22-16 06:55 AM
    If "Hipsters" (although I hate labeling people) starting using Blackberry's again I don't think it could be deemed as any sort of movement. They would just be using Android, so its not like they would be using some obscure OS that no one else has. They'd be using the most popular OS in the world which kind of contradicts the notion that they are a hipster in the first place.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-22-16 08:27 AM
    So why are you in this pond? Maybe you should be over in the Android pond?
    I always tell them that.
    08-22-16 08:33 AM
    As I have written before - I was a cobol programmer in a very former life on the other coast. We used punch cards and jcl. It would have taken up a room it not an entire building to get the storage we have on these tiny, little phones.
    On a related note, there was an interesting Twitter discussion on if Toy Story could be rendered on a smartphone today. John Carmack commented that he saw no reason why not, assuming apps available. Power in the pocket, indeed.
    FF22 and Pcmx like this.
    08-22-16 11:58 AM
    It's not even about being hipster, it's about bandwagon jumping. People want iPhone and Samsung because it's the craze and all they do is Facebook, msg and email. Materialistic world. The functionality I need in a phone can be done on a blackberry, android or iPhone.
    08-24-16 11:50 AM
    It's not even about being hipster, it's about bandwagon jumping. People want iPhone and Samsung because it's the craze.
    That's what you want to believe, and while it's probably true on occasion, the REAL reason the majority want popular phones is because they are well supported. Lots of accessories, tons of apps, good after-sale support if it breaks, and they know if an app or accessory or IoT device or whatever comes out in a month or a year, that their phone will work with it. Those were things that no one could guarantee with BB10 - hell, it's hard to guarantee FB - the single most popular app in the world!
    08-24-16 12:27 PM
    Was he wearing a silly man bun, too?
    Ain't nothing man about those buns

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-24-16 12:33 PM
    It's not even about being hipster, it's about bandwagon jumping. People want iPhone and Samsung because it's the craze and all they do is Facebook, msg and email. Materialistic world. The functionality I need in a phone can be done on a blackberry, android or iPhone.
    People have wanted and continue to want a Samsung or iPhone because those are what they see advertised heavily and also in paid for and maintained space and kiosks in carrier stores that they can amortize over a 24 month period. (Because they are not affordable outright to most.) The newer midrange devices that can be to purchased bloat free with timely updates will and are taking their toll on the high end. (if we could see the data I am certain Amazon, Best Buy, BH and the likes are selling a lot of phones) The times they are a changing.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-16 12:52 PM
    That's what you want to believe, and while it's probably true on occasion, the REAL reason the majority want popular phones is because they are well supported. Lots of accessories, tons of apps, good after-sale support if it breaks, and they know if an app or accessory or IoT device or whatever comes out in a month or a year, that their phone will work with it. Those were things that no one could guarantee with BB10 - hell, it's hard to guarantee FB - the single most popular app in the world!
    I would agree Apple is well supported because they were incredibly smart in controlling their updates. Not so much for the others outside of Nexus and now BlackBerry (non-carrier) Android offerings. One can get any accessory from Amazon on your doorstep in 1-2 days.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-16 12:55 PM
112 1234 ...