07-21-13 05:51 PM
    well, i guess that makes me feel a little better about the z10 going for 0.00, 0.01, 49.99 and 99.99.
    07-21-13 06:08 PM
    well, i guess that makes me feel a little better about the z10 going for 0.00, 0.01, 49.99 and 99.99.
    You should read the article, it's a good one. Anyway the title is misleading. Apple isn't dropping prices on the current model. The article talks about Apple dropping prices on older models, the same way thing it has done for years.
    07-21-13 06:17 PM
    Interesting quote from the article

“More people don’t need to be overwhelmed by a phone, so long as it’s good enough.”
    What is a "good enough" smartphone?
    07-21-13 06:38 PM
    You should read the article, it's a good one. Anyway the title is misleading. Apple isn't dropping prices on the current model. The article talks about Apple dropping prices on older models, the same way thing it has done for years.
    If you read this article you believe it is happening. The Blackberry's strategy is to bring out smartphones with lower prices point to drive sales.
    07-21-13 07:46 PM
    Smartphone Adoption Tips Past 50% in Major Markets Worldwide
    Read more at Smartphone Adoption Tips Past 50% in Major Markets Worldwide - eMarketer
    07-21-13 10:41 PM
    MarketsandMarkets: Global Smartphones market worth US$150.3 billion by 2014.

However, the business smartphones segment is expected have a faster growth in the future owing to the continuing mobilization of enterprise. In both the segments, touchscreen has emerged as the preferred interface, representing 39.6% of global shipments, followed by the keypad input type with a 31.2% share.

MarketsandMarkets: Global Smartphones market worth US$150.3 billion by 2014.
    07-21-13 11:25 PM
    What is a "good enough" smartphone?
    That is an interesting question only the individiual user can answer. If you take a look at the basic device developments the last two years, you'll see how even budget rated smartphones, so those below 200,-$ outright, offer decent usability. Take a look at those Lumias, which are still smooth and rather fast while being priced at a low point. Also smartphones aren't as much as a new thing for the larger crowds out there as they were back in 2010 or even before. Those people realize there is a world of great devices not only besides Apple, but also at lower price points.

Then we'll get to the always raging question: How much performance does one *really* need?
    At least for my taste, and I am a performance loving desktop computer guy myself, the current gen smartphones are fast enough. My Q10 just flies, there are no slowdowns, everything is smooth and this is even with hardware which can't really be considered high-end anymore in mid-2013. So I can only barely understand the cries for more and more RAM, even more core'd CPUs with 2 GHz or more. The simple truth is, you don't need to spend 600 bucks anymore to get yourself a good device. You don't even need to spend 400. People starting to realize this.

For example I got a short hands-on with the Q5 yesterday, which is often considered as overpriced. However I have to say this: If the Q5 would've been released at the same time with the Q10, I would've had a hard time deciding which one to get. The lower priced Q is still fast enough, the keyboard is still very good, one should be able to live with the lower device memory (unless he is a heavy gaming freak) and you can literally cover up the plastic with using a case anyways. I am surprised by these thoughts myself, since I have always bought premium high-end devices ranging between 500 and 600 bucks since more than ten years. It simply is getting less and less attractive to spend such an amount of money for a device.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-22-13 01:15 AM
    Worldwide Smartphones Market Worth US$258.9 Billion By 2015 And Mobile Phone Market Worth US$341.4 Billion By The Same Year

MarketsandMarkets: Worldwide Smartphones Market Worth US$258.9 Billion By 2015 And Mobile Phone Market Worth US$341.4 Billion By The Same Year
    07-22-13 09:25 AM