I found this on the support forums of blackberry and was wondering if there was ANY way to do this, I just switched from an iPhone and find this really annoying. Thanks

I want to ask you, is there a way to hide the number of a contact
    and display only his/her name when there is an incoming call?

For example: John Doe +15556667777 Work
    I want to display the contact name only: John Doe

Best regards
    06-20-09 02:16 AM
    I dont think its possible atleast ive never heard of it...
    06-20-09 10:37 AM
    Excellent question. I've never thought of this but it would come in handy, don't know who's looking. I was under the assumption that if the number was in your Contacts only the Contact name would display, but I never paid close attention.
    06-20-09 11:01 AM
    yea it would be a nice little setting, it would clear up the screen alot and look alot better
    06-20-09 02:40 PM
    I have never seen a application or a blackberry do this..

I actually prefer it not to do it because most my contacts have more then one number and its nice to know where there calling from.
    06-20-09 03:11 PM

I actually prefer it not to do it because most my contacts have more then one number and its nice to know where there calling from.
    I agree with this. It's nice to see who's calling and from where they are calling from.
    06-20-09 05:14 PM
    they should include an option for either
    06-20-09 06:06 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

I do believe there is an app that will give you the name of the contact and a fullsize picture of them when they call.
    06-20-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD