Is there any way to hide or turn off the speakerphone, mute, add participant and hold buttons during a call on the Torch 9800? I keep turing them on with my cheek.
    crogi710 likes this.
    06-11-11 12:29 PM
    I had that issue too, double check your proximity sensor is working (mine works but is sensitive). What I usually do is while on a call, I exit to the home screen.
    Not really a good fix, but seems to work for me.
    06-11-11 12:52 PM
    What's the proximity sensor?
    06-11-11 01:30 PM
    What's the proximity sensor?
    there's a tiny little sensor next to your notification led. it is supposed to detect if you have the phone up to your ear - and if you do - it'll turn off your display so you don't accidentally hangup or switch to speakerphone.

I think some screen protectors caused problems with the proximity sensor? I think you can test your proximity sensor by making a call, then placing your thumb over the proximity sensor.
    06-11-11 01:53 PM
    My phone doesn't have one...or if it does, I can't see it and it doesn't work. My sister has the same one only in white (i have the red) and her sensor works..does that mean maybe mine's an older model or something? They're both supposedly 9800s.
    06-12-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD