Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/b0/b02a5f4ee8d7487b8bc25d87a91e095183fe21b01b3f0a3d936c3bb626f4b2ec.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20200710123220/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    i know ive posted a couple threads on here but i dont get it obviously?? how do i get my blackberry 8310 to record video. i went to pinstack.com and downloaded everything the device manager and the software and now i cant find it in my computer to load. Iam not computer illeterate but ive never had this much trouble trying to install and find a program.. can anybody help me better to get the 4.5 softwear onto my blackberry so i can record video.. i already have a 8 gb sim card i know ive had my bb for a while now but i feel so stumped on how to get this new software actually onto my blackberry.. iam sorry but can anybody help .. ill even give u my info to help me lol chris
    10-05-08 12:06 AM
    read the upgrade /downgrade thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 12:10 AM
    Desktop Manager

OS 4.5

Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure

Save both files to your desktop (easier to find) and install
    Desktop Manager 1st and then the OS
    10-05-08 12:12 AM
    on the site u gave me there seems to be no 4.5 handheld software so my phone still couldent record videos
    10-05-08 09:36 AM
    ...downloaded everything the device manager and the software and now i cant find it in my computer to load.

chris
    Welcome to CrackBerry Chris.

When you select BlackBerry software to download, you are presented with a dialogue box:

The most reliable options is Save. Once the file has been transferred to your computer, you can Run it from the next dialogue box.

The reason this is more reliable, and the most likely reason you are having trouble, is a failure in the download will result in nothing being saved. The process simply halts with no changes to your computer.

The most current verison of 83xx software can be downloaded from the OS 4.5 link AG posted.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-05-08 at 10:33 AM.
    10-05-08 10:29 AM
    Remember that once the OS as been installed on your computer, you need to remove the vendoe.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    10-05-08 10:48 AM
    Good advice everyone. Follow the upgrade guide provided, and you should have no issues. Enjoy 4.5!!

Also, if you have old BB OS software on your PC, you should remove it first.

10-05-08 10:50 AM

That is good advise when it come to a lot of Windows programs, but there is a very good reason why you should keep an earlier version of BlackBerry Device OS on your computer.

If, for any reason, you are having issues with the new OS, rolling back to an earlier and proven reliable OS is as simple as uninstalling the new OS package. Application loader will automatiacly roll you back.

If you delete them first, you may have to go through the full download and reinstall again. At minimum, that will take 30 min.
    10-05-08 11:20 AM
    Supporting Reed's comment. Uninstall the old OS from Windows (its done from within Control Panel) but keep the original download in case you need it again.
    10-05-08 11:26 AM
    That is good advise when it come to a lot of Windows programs, but there is a very good reason why you should keep an earlier version of BlackBerry Device OS on your computer.

If, for any reason, you are having issues with the new OS, rolling back to an earlier and proven reliable OS is as simple as uninstalling the new OS package. Application loader will automatiacly roll you back.

If you delete them first, you may have to go through the full download and reinstall again. At minimum, that will take 30 min.
    Supporting Reed's comment. Uninstall the old OS from Windows (its done from within Control Panel) but keep the original download in case you need it again.
    I didn't even uninstall 4.2.2.176 when I installed 4.2.2.196. Then when I deleted 4.2.2.196, I didn't even have to reinstall 4.2.2.176. Never delete the original download, either, because once the carrier site moves to the next version, they don't keep the previous version in an easy to find location.
    10-05-08 04:44 PM
    After you have downloaded, saved, then installed the OS version you're going to install, follow this link to get a copy of crackmem. Then install it, read the help file and use it to upgrade your OS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

10-05-08 04:55 PM
    I didn't even uninstall 4.2.2.176 when I installed 4.2.2.196. Then when I deleted 4.2.2.196, I didn't even have to reinstall 4.2.2.176. Never delete the original download, either, because once the carrier site moves to the next version, they don't keep the previous version in an easy to find location.
    What I do is save a uninstalled copy of my provider's os in case I need it in the future.

10-05-08 05:00 PM
    Wow.......should not be any questions about how to upgrade now.....very detailed instructions. Also there are no stupid questions because everyone can learn something from a question.
    10-05-08 05:23 PM
    Absolutely no such thing as, ha ha. But all upgrade questions should be answered by now,

10-05-08 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD