In the from address of my purchases on BB App World is a typo. It says blackberryappworld.cs .cs is the domain for Serbia and Montenegro. "S" is also next to "A" on the keyboard and .ca is the 1st level domain for Canada, home country of RIM. Sounds plausible to me except that blackberryappworld.ca doesn't go anywhere (although it is registered to RIM).

The domain blackberryappworld.com does forward to the blackberry web site. Maybe the people at digitalriver.com need to update their records.

or am I missing something here?

BTW blackberryappworld.cs is unregistered if anybody is interested. lol.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    Subject: BlackBerry App World™ - Order Confirmation (Order #xxxxxxx)
    To: paul@p#####.com
    08-10-09 11:51 AM
    Date: Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    Subject: BlackBerry App World™ - Order Confirmation (Order #xxxxxxx)
    To: paul@p#####.com
    The first part of an email address is just the sender, it is after the @ that its the domain. I would just guess that it stands for something like blackberryappworld customer service.
    08-10-09 11:53 AM
    I would just guess that it stands for something like blackberryappworld customer service.
    Yeah that's one of my pet peeves. You can use a . before the @ symbol in email but it's better practice to use a _
    08-10-09 11:56 AM
    Ahh I had this prob too, thanks
    08-10-09 11:59 AM
    checked with RIM. the .cs in fact does stand for customer service. intentional and by design.
    08-10-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah that's one of my pet peeves. You can use a . before the @ symbol in email but it's better practice to use a _
    I hate addresses that have an underscore in them (and prefer periods between names or nothing at all). You try to give them to someone and they either think it's a space or ask "what's an underscore?".
    08-11-09 12:18 PM
    checked with RIM. the .cs in fact does stand for customer service. intentional and by design.
    I wish I had RIM's direct line. I don't even know what I'd use it for, but I still want it!
    Wait, yes I do...every five minutes, "Hey, is the Storm 2 ready yet? How about now? Now? Now?..."

@Kevin - it's good to see you got your internet working again!
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 08-11-09 at 01:27 PM.
    08-11-09 01:20 PM
    interesting thread never-the-less!
    08-11-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD