So people don't pay $10 for weather? My bad. What was I thinking?
    You weren't. That's your problem.
    If you re-read my post, which you quoted, I made reference to Apple. I asked you to show me where in the Apple store you would find Weatherbug for $10.00. And in AppWorld Weatherbug is FREE...as in no charge. The Elite version is $4.99. Don't even pretend to tell me that there are no apps in Android Market which charge money.

Again, Tucker, you show yourself as completely incapable or unwilling to think before you post your idiotic drivel. This is the reason your posts are a deluge of irrelevant, incessant trolling.

You have given evidence of your own ineptitude. Again.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-20-11 at 07:11 AM.
    Machzy likes this.
    02-20-11 07:09 AM
    Because there are so many good free/cheap apps.

Wasn't the IMDB app in AppWorld a paid app that just launched the IMDB website?

You really hate Android huh? If this wasn't a BB website, you would come off as a huge Apple fangirl.
    Yes, I really do hate Android as a platform, it's no secret, I've said it many times. Yes, I have the IMDB app to which you refer, and I have no problem with it. Yes, I am going to buy the iPhone 5 when it comes out. I really love Safari, always have and always said so. I returned the 3GS because of the horrendous battery life, the lack of multitasking and the non user replaceable battery. But....they're improving the multitasking somewhat, they've improved the battery life. And I realised what I did wrong in the first place....why not carry both?

Because....here it goes....I L-O-V-E my BBerries, all of them, one after the other. The day they begin to fail me in what I want will be the day I go all iOS. I will absolutely carry a BB as long as they make ME happy. And that, they do.

By the way, I'd also waited for the Dell Lightning....whatever happened to it????

so...here it goes....want to label me? then I'm a Blackberry/upcoming Apple/WM fangirl who detests Android and WebOS.

Just to keep things clear.....
    02-20-11 07:20 AM
    As far as apps go, if people need 250k, 100k apps, what they really need is a life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL!!!! Tend to agree there....the other day I saw a woman at the shops who was using a PHONE to do her shopping. Really??!?!!!??? A SHOPPING app?!?!?!?

There was a song that my Da used to play incessantly when I was growing up, something about in the year 2525 some machine would do all for you. Some strangely disturbing song. Maybe that year is arriving?!?!?
    02-20-11 07:42 AM
    so...here it goes....want to label me? then I'm a Blackberry/upcoming Apple/WM fangirl who detests Android and WebOS.
    BlackBerry/Symbian/WM fanboy who is neutral to WebOS and Android (I like it, it just doesn't work for me) and whom hates iOS with such a passion he would rather hang himself than own an iPhone.
    02-20-11 08:11 AM
    The reality is most apps for android and iphone have 4-5 different versions if not more.
    Makes me wonder, how long are developers gonna develop for android if there's no money in it for them? Developers gotta eat too.

BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-20-11 08:51 AM
    I had read that there are duplicate or several versions of the same app. I just can't speak to that since I haven't been to either store, Apple App since '09 and never to Android.
    Unlike others, if I don't like the platform I don't frequent their forums, sites, or app store.

02-20-11 09:29 AM
    Well, well....seems you got me on a technicallity. You quoted someone who quoted me. Regardless, the fact is that you posted some fantasy price for an app that is available free of cost.
    Seems we are at an impasse. I missed the fact that you quoted the person who quoted me. You missed on gathering your facts before you posted inaccurate information.
    So now what? We both get shot at dawn?
    02-20-11 09:43 AM
    Well, well....seems you got me on a technicallity. You quoted someone who quoted me. Regardless, the fact is that you posted some fantasy price for an app that is available free of cost.
    Seems we are at an impasse. I missed the fact that you quoted the person who quoted me. You missed on gathering your facts before you posted inaccurate information.
    Actually, I almost laughed my tuchas off, you've had substantive points and he resorts to calling you a troll. Seems like Jabba the Hutt calling the Princess a bad girl.

02-20-11 09:53 AM
    LOL!!!! Tend to agree there....the other day I saw a woman at the shops who was using a PHONE to do her shopping. Really??!?!!!??? A SHOPPING app?!?!?!?

There was a song that my Da used to play incessantly when I was growing up, something about in the year 2525 some machine would do all for you. Some strangely disturbing song. Maybe that year is arriving?!?!?
    I use some shopping apps for electronics and parts, like Amazon and NewEgg, because they are quite handy, plus I can look up prices for other members to help them as well. But it's definitely not my alpha-Omega. I still like to go to stores and explore.

But depending on the type of shopping, some of it has to be done online, now. I like Big Dogs clothing, and they closed down all my favorite stores and went electronic, so now I have no other option.

02-20-11 10:01 AM
    beweather or berryweather as it was called, is $10 and probably the best weather app there is on BB. I bought it half price but its is possible one of the best BB apps i have even seen.
    Jeez, you kind of got my number and I'm a minimalist. I usually go to VZ Nav and dial in the weather, or the mobile verizon website. Why buy a cow when milk is cheap?
    02-20-11 10:06 AM
    Who did I call a troll? I very rarely resort to name calling, dumba$$.
    Notably present in this post is....a name.

Really, you should stop. That hole is going all the way to China any minute.

Anyway.....leaving Tucker's posts aside 'cuz I really don't want to dump on the village.....um....socially impaired.....this thread is actually about the highest revenue for the arguably smallest app store, when comparing Apple, Android and RIM. Two things will be interesting....first the impact that Android app compatibility for the PlayBook will have on both markets and also the impact that QNX/TAT will have on AppWorld.

Number crunching will be interesting in a few quarters' time.
    02-20-11 10:32 AM
    I use some shopping apps for electronics and parts, like Amazon and NewEgg, because they are quite handy, plus I can look up prices for other members to help them as well. But it's definitely not my alpha-Omega. I still like to go to stores and explore.

But depending on the type of shopping, some of it has to be done online, now. I like Big Dogs clothing, and they closed down all my favorite stores and went electronic, so now I have no other option.

True....I get all my dog and livestock food online these days. Also all my camping and outdoor gear. I was referring to doing your weekly shopping at your local Giant.
    02-20-11 10:37 AM
    And let us not forget that on this platform, people regularly pay $10 for weather.
    Seriously..how did you screw up Tucker's quote? Twice? He said people STILL pay $10 for weather..which they do..its called Berryweather. Nowhere was there reference to Apple..seeings how this whole thread is about Appworld making money..which they will when people pay that kind of money for weather..
    02-20-11 11:05 AM
    Seriously..how did you screw up Tucker's quote? Twice? He said people STILL pay $10 for weather..which they do..its called Berryweather. Nowhere was there reference to Apple..seeings how this whole thread is about Appworld making money..which they will when people pay that kind of money for weather..
    You really have a hard time with these subjects.
    02-20-11 11:20 AM
    You really have a hard time with these subjects.
    Please do enlighten me.
    02-20-11 11:25 AM
    Please do enlighten me.
    Why? It was laid out in the first post. If you can't grasp it by now why would I continue to try?
    02-20-11 11:27 AM
    Why? It was laid out in the first post. If you can't grasp it by now why would I continue to try?
    Its understandable that you don't grasp WHY Appworld makes money..being from Saskatchewan and all. Its like trying to get the guy who pumps the gas to explain why fuel prices always go up..
    02-20-11 11:34 AM
    and i countered with a free alternative to his exaggerated implication that weather apps cost $10 thereby artificially inflating RiM's revenue.

there's what you say and what you imply. and anyone knows that well.

and the thread analysed the differences in revenue between the three companies.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-20-11 at 11:44 AM.
    02-20-11 11:38 AM
    and i countered with a free alternative to his exaggerated implication that weather apps cost $10 thereby artificially inflating RiM's revenue.

there's what you say and what you imply. and you know that well.
    But you know darn well that Berryweather is hugely popular..and the fact that "free" versions of different apps isn't the same..

Different alternatives doesn't take away from the fact he was referring to Berryweather..
    02-20-11 11:44 AM
    If BerryWeather (which I didn't get, I have Weatherbug) were the only weather application on AppWorld, then one could make a case that RIM's revenue comes as a result of overpriced apps with no alternatives.

However, if there are other applications, available at no cost or half the cost, them the implication that people pay $10 for weather thereby inflating RIM's profits is not applicable.

True, free versions are not the same as the Elite. That is my point, there is a choice. The interesting thing would be to see how many people choose the free or pay for the Elite version.
    02-20-11 11:52 AM
    What significant difference is there in weather that requires 2,161 apps?

Just asking. Really. Just went to the Android Market for the first time ever and typed weather. Frankly, I don't find a need to choose from 2,161. Choice is wonderful, but what difference in approach is there?

This is an honest, not rhetorical question.
    02-20-11 12:02 PM

Just asking. Really. Just went to the Android Market for the first time ever and typed weather. Frankly, I don't find a need to choose from 2,161. Choice is wonderful, but what difference in approach is there?

Most of those apps would just give you a different interface or "look" imo. Since Android is pretty much all about customization..there are many different looks and styles available to suit your personal tastes. At least that would be my take on it.
    02-20-11 12:05 PM
    Actually, I went back to look through them. There are actually quite a lot of useful apps - flying, sailing, fishing. They're not just "weather" in the sense of forecast. I can see why there are so many, when they relate to activities like that.

That's actually very useful, when you're getting ready to go sailing.
    02-20-11 12:10 PM

Wow, only 25 weather apps in Appworld, we are seriously missing out here.

02-20-11 12:12 PM
    Most of those apps would just give you a different interface or "look" imo. Since Android is pretty much all about customization..there are many different looks and styles available to suit your personal tastes. At least that would be my take on it.
    Give me a break. That is so customizable....2,161 different looks for your weather app choice. I think we are starting to see why android has so many apps. By the way the Saskatchewan comment, you know the class based slam that suggested your a high roller and the guy who made you look dumb on the forum pumps gas...weak, very weak.
    02-20-11 12:15 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD