______

I like how on my BB devices every time I download and then use an app I am notified of all permisions and and what the apps access and then I am able to deny apps access if I choose. I don't know how it works on android but that was never the case with apps from the app store.

That does not always help. Some apps will not run if all permissions are not granted. A user might grant permissions in order to get an app to run and have issues later. Just do a forum search for "Jared Company spam" and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-07-12 07:25 PM
    You can't be serious comparing an issue like device security with Flash in browsers
    He wasn't.
    raino likes this.
    05-07-12 08:12 PM
    That does not always help. Some apps will not run if all permissions are not granted. A user might grant permissions in order to get an app to run and have issues later. Just do a forum search for "Jared Company spam" and you'll see what I'm referring to.
    Soo true. Jaredco is pretty good at making their email address extractors "essential" to the operation of their apps.

He wasn't.
    Thanks. The last line in his post threw me off. It didn't conform to the higher level of nitpicking I've come to expect from him
    05-07-12 09:43 PM
    For real, over 2 years on Android and I get hacked at least twice a day. All my droid friends get hacked daily too.
    Someone save us.
    :banghead:
    Have you tried wiping the device?

You all must be using the same exact corrupt app if you are all being hacked. Or you were attacked because someone has a contact list. Are you getting spam messages?

It's pretty interesting that ALL of your friends are getting hacked. I haven't met anyone personally that has or knows they are being hacked on their Android device.
    05-08-12 02:30 AM
    Have you tried wiping the device?

You all must be using the same exact corrupt app if you are all being hacked. Or you were attacked because someone has a contact list. Are you getting spam messages?

It's pretty interesting that ALL of your friends are getting hacked. I haven't met anyone personally that has or knows they are being hacked on their Android device.
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic
    05-08-12 03:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic
    Exactly right.
    05-08-12 10:07 AM
    Here's a YouTube demo of one of the exploits I was referring to yesterday. The user just visits a webpage, and the malware installs, roots, and reboots his device with no user input. Interesting that the presenters actually purchased the browser exploit used on the "grey market." Skip to about 10 minutes in: RSA Conference 2012 - Hacking Exposed: Mobile RAT Edition - Dmitri Alperovitch & George Kurtz - YouTube
    05-08-12 01:59 PM
    Thanks. The last line in his post threw me off. It didn't conform to the higher level of nitpicking I've come to expect from him
    If the last line of my post threw you off, then I shudder to think what you believed the meaning of the post to be.
    05-08-12 02:10 PM
    Rampant verbosity, such as that used when the speaker has little of substance to offer, can be expected to confuse audiences.

Sorta like that....
    sleepngbear likes this.
    05-08-12 02:58 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD