Wondering what kind of increase in traffic the site has seen in the last week or two as we lead up to launch?
    01-27-13 08:58 PM
    Going in the right direction!

Hey Kevin, what's the uptick in traffic to the site been like?-screen-shot-2013-01-27-10.03.34-pm.png
    01-27-13 09:04 PM
    Just wait till next month.....ssss.
    01-27-13 09:13 PM
    Just wait till next month.....ssss.
    Blackberry storm style
    01-27-13 09:15 PM
    Kevin, can you share any comments or stats regarding the longterm traffic to Crackberry? I would expect that traffic has been trending down in the past years due to the decline in U.S. subscribers, but maybe we've bottomed out?
    01-27-13 09:15 PM
    It's actually been pretty interesting to watch the trends in CrackBerry.

Overall, there definitely was a decline, but then things sort of bottomed out. What happened was that we saw a fairly steady decline in US traffic over the course of 18 months, and then flattened out (the people left were the faithful in the USA), but in the meantime we saw a lot of our international traffic grow. So after an initial decline, traffic really stayed flat after that... still at a BIG number overall, and then we've now seen it start to climb again as BlackBerry 10 is getting close.

And yes.. once the marketing starts and devices start getting sold, that's when you're going to see things REALLY start to hustle and bustle around here. Once the phones are in people's hands, that's when things really start to spike. Going to be fun.

But really no surprises when you look at the overall traffic and trends - has fairly closely followed the BlackBerry story, though I'd say we've held up traffic wise even better than I expected given the "state of BlackBerry".... we really have a big loyal base of users.

Looking forward to the rest of 2013 though. Good 'ole days coming right up. But we're going to have an awesome new site, awesome new app and more.
    01-27-13 09:34 PM
    Thanks for the response.. that's interesting to see. 17 Million hits a per month is nothing to shake a stick at.. I get happy when my site see's 500/month lol

On a side, but related note.. you prefer quantcast over google analytics?
    01-27-13 09:39 PM
    This definitely feels like another golden age on Crackberry
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-27-13 09:47 PM
    Good for you guys. Can't wait for bb10 and the CB relaunch!
    01-27-13 09:50 PM
    Thanks for the response.. that's interesting to see. 17 Million hits a per month is nothing to shake a stick at.. I get happy when my site see's 500/month lol

On a side, but related note.. you prefer quantcast over google analytics?
    We use both Google Analytics and Quantcast. Quantcast is publicly accessible, while Google Analytics is internal. They're both direct tracking embeds, so the numbers are usually pretty spot on. Sometimes slightly different break downs in how they treat visitor sessions, etc.
    just_luc likes this.
    01-27-13 11:37 PM
    17 million, 17 MILLION. holy crap. Thats like 1/3rd of canada.

Wow
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-27-13 11:45 PM
    01-27-13 11:46 PM
    It's actually been pretty interesting to watch the trends in CrackBerry.

Overall, there definitely was a decline, but then things sort of bottomed out. What happened was that we saw a fairly steady decline in US traffic over the course of 18 months, and then flattened out (the people left were the faithful in the USA), but in the meantime we saw a lot of our international traffic grow. So after an initial decline, traffic really stayed flat after that... still at a BIG number overall, and then we've now seen it start to climb again as BlackBerry 10 is getting close.

And yes.. once the marketing starts and devices start getting sold, that's when you're going to see things REALLY start to hustle and bustle around here. Once the phones are in people's hands, that's when things really start to spike. Going to be fun.
    But really no surprises when you look at the overall traffic and trends - has fairly closely followed the BlackBerry story, though I'd say we've held up traffic wise even better than I expected given the "state of BlackBerry".... we really have a big loyal base of users.

Looking forward to the rest of 2013 though. Good 'ole days coming right up. But we're going to have an awesome new site, awesome new app and more.
    lets hope we don't get to much spam about how awesome BB10 is or how much better it is then xxxxxx phone.

another thing i'm sure we're going to see is "i don't see how its better then xxxxx why should i buy it" type of threads
    01-27-13 11:52 PM
    Why we are on this topic, how does CrackBerry compare to the other mobile nation sites?
    01-27-13 11:52 PM
    Why we are on this topic, how does CrackBerry compare to the other mobile nation sites?
    I'm pretty sure its more then them, as a guess

I don't search apple sites but I dont think iMore is the main Apple site online. The forums on iMore seem dead when I go there to troll. On the other hand Crackberry is the main Blackberry site

http://www.quantcast.com/www.imore.com
    01-27-13 11:56 PM
    I love how a google search of 'blackberry 10' lists crackberry's site above the official RIM site!
    01-27-13 11:58 PM
    I love how a google search of 'blackberry 10' lists crackberry's site above the official RIM site!
    Of course. We have more things about bb10 on this site from leaks to discussions. All rim has and is allowing for the general consumer is a shadowy pic of the back of the z10 lol

Sent from my game boy color
    01-28-13 12:29 AM
    17 million, 17 MILLION. holy crap. Thats like 1/3rd of canada.

Wow
    hahaha no its more like 1/2 the pop of Canada cause canada's pop is 34 million and 17+17 = 34
    parkinfly and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-28-13 06:40 AM
    Now this is GOOD STUFF to read about (HUGE Smile). BlackBerry, CrackBerry Faithfus..........I'm one of those and PROUD of it
    01-28-13 09:13 AM
    01-28-13 09:17 AM
    Going in the right direction!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-27 at 10.03.34 PM.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	132752
    What was the all-time high for CB?
    01-28-13 09:23 AM
    Hi Kevin, quick question - are you getting accurate data on traffic being generated by BB10 devices with Google Analytics? Older BlackBerry smartphones seem to be tracked correctly, but I'm not sure about the PlayBook or the Z10.
    02-12-13 10:18 PM
    I am fascinated by how you can put hey kevin in a thread title and get some guy named kevin to respond, while he normally does not participate in forum. This has to be the 2nd or 3rd time I see it happen
    02-12-13 10:39 PM
    I am fascinated by how you can put hey kevin in a thread title and get some guy named kevin to respond, while he normally does not participate in forum. This has to be the 2nd or 3rd time I see it happen
    Normally does not participate in the forum? The guy's got 2,700+ posts man!
    02-12-13 10:43 PM
    Is it possible for one individual to cause such a spike? XD I visit this site all the bloody time; it's crazy.
    02-12-13 10:47 PM
36 12