As most of us know, Thorsten has made a good effort at reaching out to CrackBerry (and Kevin specifically) to make sure that RIM is in touch with its consumers.

Well tonight my Playbook charger stopped working, and I decided I'd email RIM and ask for a replacement. You'd think it'd be a fairly easy task, but the only email I found for Playbook support ([email protected]) sent me an automated response saying I needed an incident number. Since I bought my Playbook more than 90 days ago, the only way I could find to contact RIM was to pay $50 to call them (or to fax something to their corporate office lol).

Since I have a few apps on BlackBerry App World, I ended up just emailing RIM via the developer portal. I'm not sure that they'll respond to that, and even if they do most people wouldn't have that option.

It took me about 10 seconds to find email contact for Android/Google (Contact Us | Android Open Source) and no longer to find the contact info for Apple (Apple - How to Contact Us). There's no reason for RIM to not have support contact information.

The point: There's no reason to give a one year warranty if there's no reasonable way to contact the company to invoke that warranty.

So Kevin, next time Thorsten contacts you, can you please let him know that we want to be able to email RIM!
    01-29-12 10:33 PM
    01-29-12 10:37 PM
    Lol, request a warranty replacement for a charger through the support forums?
    01-29-12 10:38 PM
    Lol, request a warranty replacement for a charger through the support forums?
    True, that would be difficult.

I should start keeping the fine print documents that come with my gadgets.
    01-29-12 10:42 PM
    They do have this site:
    Research In Motion - Contact

or:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM)

but the closest thing to a support email address is:
    Company or product inquiries: for more information about Research In Motion (RIM) and its products, email [email protected].
    01-29-12 10:48 PM
    Lol, try emailing [email protected]. This is the response I got from that:

[email protected][/email]]Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?
    If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.

Self-Help Options:
    BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need. (BlackBerry Technical Solution Center)

BlackBerry Answers. The mobile web site that is like having your own technical support team at your fingertips. Accessible right from your BlackBerry smartphone at mobile.blackberry.com, just type in a question to get step-by-step instructions that should solve the problem. (Note: BlackBerry Answers is compatible with all BlackBerry smartphones carrying a series number of 8000 and higher).

BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.

Flickr Picasa Facebook and Instant Messaging Applications. If you require assistance with one of our free social networking applications, please feel free to use our online web form to submit technical issues directly to BlackBerry Technical Support at your convenience. (BlackBerry Support Community Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums)

Are you already a BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber?
    If you have a technical support services subscription, you may contact us through our online web form (https://www.blackberry.com/besc). If your BlackBerry smartphone has been provided to you by your company, please contact your IT help desk for assistance.

All other BlackBerry smartphone users are encouraged to use one of the following options:
    - Contact your Wireless Service Provider. Your service provider fields general questions and provides technical support for BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact.
    - Subscribe to an annual based BlackBerry technical support program. BlackBerry Technical Support Services offers 24x7 technical support and BlackBerry Enterprise Server software upgrades. If your technical support subscription has expired, or you would like to learn more about this option, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (BlackBerry - Technical Support Services.)

Obtain Pay-Per Incident Support from Research In Motion (RIM). Receive fee-based support directly from RIM, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (BlackBerry - Technical Support Services)
    01-29-12 11:09 PM
    Lol, try emailing [email protected]. This is the response I got from that:
    So yes, but really no. And if you try hard enough then maybe, but doubtful. On the other hand, could be, but maybe not. It used to be, but isn't anymore. Just sayin...

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about this, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Ya know?
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-29-12 11:31 PM
    RIM's @BlackBerryHelp gave me a phone number to call for my PlayBook
    01-29-12 11:43 PM
    RIM's @BlackBerryHelp gave me a phone number to call for my PlayBook
    I tweeted them last night, hopefully they'll get back to me.
    01-30-12 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD