point me in the right direction for some must-have apps/customization?

thanks a bunch
    08-07-08 06:29 PM
    08-07-08 06:34 PM
    Congrats on the new curve & welcome to CB. You may want to change your profile to reflect the correct model number - it may help people sort out your issues, should you have them, in the future - change to 8330.

As to your request.... http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php Trust me on this.... if you do a search for "must have apps" and "popular apps" , etc., you'll find thread after thread with people's favorites, suggestions, etc.

Happy surfing. I also recommend the "newbies" tab up top and reading through the BlackBerry 101 lecture series if you haven't already. It'll teach you all the basics and then some about your new toy.
    08-07-08 06:35 PM
    Viigo is big around here and I like it myself...updates on news, celebrity gossip, astrology...anything that interests you.

i also highly recommend the empower pro app to help you see html in your emails so they don't look like a bunch of links and you can actually read them...it costs some money but it's worth it

Play with your side buttons, you can customize them so they go straight to the features that you use. I have one button that locks my phone and another that pulls up "compose" so i have a shortcut to compose SMS msgs, emails or even call someone --- to do this go to your options (the wrench looking icon) then Screen / Keyboard ---> then scroll down to right/left convenience key

Personally I like my SMS msgs and emails to be seperate, you can do this by going into your messages / then click on the button with the dots on it (not sure what it's called!)...scroll to Options ---> General options and then "SMS and EMail Inboxes" (choose Seperate)

And of course you'll want to find some fun themes to change the look of your BB when you're ready. Bplay has some good ones. Most of the really good ones cost about 7.99 but there are some good free ones too.

I just got my curve a couple months ago so I have some ideas for ya You can read up all day and night but you'll be reading for weeks. Start slow, don't get overwhelmed. I know it's easy to do, especially around so many people on this site who are BB gurus lol
    Last edited by flchick75; 08-07-08 at 06:53 PM.
    08-07-08 06:40 PM
    Nice one Abe, well put. I recomend as well reading up on your Berry about third party applications and how to manage them. last but not least, and most important. Read up about your memory and what you have to do to keep it. Welcome to CB...
    08-07-08 06:42 PM
    welcome to cb!
    08-07-08 06:46 PM
    thanks everyone, really appreciate it. so far i have gotten opera mini and google maps.

i wish i could get AIM w/o paying the 20 bucks/using the crappy VZW software...oh well.
    08-07-08 07:30 PM
    You should also check out stoners guide to memory optimization. It is the best memory guide out there. Happy surfing and welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD