hey i just purchased a new blackberry strom and i have not got the phone in the mail yet but is on its way. well my first ? is which case do you all think is better for the strom the silicon on or the hard case? j/w? and one more ? the blackberry maps, are they included in the internet stuff or do you have to payextra for them like the vz navigator? thanks alot
    12-19-08 01:16 AM
    I like silicone cases, but a hard case would probably protect your phone better. BlackBerry Maps is included in the data plan, so as long as you have a data plan you're good to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 01:22 AM
    ok thank you so much. they told me that i have the data plan with the new BB storm because when you buy the BB storm you have to get a data plan which was cool with me i just didn't wanna have to pay extra for the BB maps. So do you have a Blackberry? j/w?
    12-19-08 01:28 AM
    I sure do. It's a pink 8130.

12-19-08 01:35 AM
    ok well sorry i am askin' so many questions but i figured if i asked the questions to people that have blackberry's they would be able to help me. now the blackberry map, how do they work? are they like a good map? does it give you turn-by-turn navigation? j/w again sorry for all the questions but i REALLY appricate the answers.
    Thanks, dsk008
    12-19-08 01:48 AM
    hey sry it dsk008 again. i got one more question. does the blackberry maps have it own program or does it run off of google maps. thanks
    12-19-08 02:12 AM
    Welcome to the addiction, dont try to fight it just njoy it!
    12-19-08 02:59 AM
    hey sry it dsk008 again. i got one more question. does the blackberry maps have it own program or does it run off of google maps. thanks
    BB maps are separate from google maps.
    12-19-08 03:03 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy your addiction™
    12-19-08 03:14 AM
    Most people here have BBs. BB Maps will be loaded on your Storm when you get it, and it will work with the built in GPS. Other map programs are available and can be used (like Google maps) but you won't have access to the GPS function of those map programs.

Welcome to the crack! be sure to read the lecture 101 series on this site before you get your device, it's sure to open your eyes to things you didn't know were possible!
    12-19-08 03:21 AM
    I use a silicon some people like the hard cases.
    12-19-08 04:25 AM
    Since a hard case would obviously protect better from shock, it depends on how you generally handle your BlackBerry and which style you like better. I like mine naked.

N yes, BlackBerry Maps comes standard.
    12-19-08 11:43 PM
    Welcome aboard. Glad you could join us!
    12-19-08 11:46 PM
    WoW thanks everyone for answering my questions. ya'll are all so cool. well ya i can see how you can get addicted to the Blackberry. I had heard of them before but i had never really paid any attention to them, but now i am glad that i did. So i will be able to use the BB maps that come standard on my blackberry and use the GPS from the maps and that is not goin' to cost me extra as long as i have the data plan correct? So the people on the crackberry website is really like one big family of people that love blackberry smartphones?
    12-19-08 11:50 PM
    Welcome aboard!

12-19-08 11:53 PM
    hey everyone dsk008 here, i just got my new blackberry in. i love it so far and i have not even activated it yet' i am goin' to do that tomorrow. i can't wait
    12-21-08 03:21 AM
    Ok guys i have my storm set up just how i want it. i love it. it is the coolest phone ever. and what i love about it, it is so much more then just a phone.
    12-23-08 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD