Okay....i'm looking to get my first smart phone from verizon and im wondering if the bold 9650 is a good place to start

Also.....I know you guys will prob. suggest me a blackberry over other phones but what do you think is the best bang for your buck or any other good smartphone for verizon

If you still tihnk i should go with the bold, is now a good time to buy....(will it be replaced anytime soon)

ohhh and will 6.0 come out in the future for the 9650?

Thanks!
    I apreciate the comunities patience when dealing with people like me...
    08-29-10 08:12 AM
    The 9650 is a great device. I just got one for my son before he went to college, it's his first BB and he loves it. It depends on what you're looking for and how you're going to use it. Check out all their devices, look at the Droids. The Bold is getting the new BB6, not sure when it will be released probably within a couple of months. The 9650 is a very solid device.
    08-29-10 08:45 AM
    The 9650 is my first smartphone and I am happy with it. Princebb gave you good advice. Try to figure out which features are most important to you. If you do your homework, you'll be less likely to be disappointed. And keep in mind that you have 30 days to see if the phone works for you. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 09:19 AM
    Ok, first of all, figure out what you want to do with your device.

The androids are currently the strongest with the internet type applications, and have great integration with gmail, etc.

The BB line (9650 included) has a slight edge in security and push email, and not such a good browsing experience if you're going to want to use websites that aren't WAP optimized.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 03:06 PM
    Well I am going to be a college freshman and am looking for a good messaging phone with some helpful apps like organizers games YouTube facebook etc.

Browsing is kinda important fo me, but won't the bb 5 browser be replaced for the better bb6 soon?
    08-29-10 10:06 PM
    Well I am going to be a college freshman and am looking for a good messaging phone with some helpful apps like organizers games YouTube facebook etc.

Browsing is kinda important fo me, but won't the bb 5 browser be replaced for the better bb6 soon?
    Yeah it will. But, we don't know for sure if it will be as good. We only assume it will be! If web browsing is important and you enjoy typing on a touch screen android might be a better answer. It a good kb and messaging are more important go with BOLD. I have heard that with the right apps android work very well for messaging also. Comes down to if you can get used to an virtual kb.
    08-29-10 10:29 PM
    Yeah I'm not in love with the virtual keyboards
    08-29-10 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD