I do not think that BB10 would sell more devices than the Android equivalent but regardless they can not make a profit with BB10. You can have a niche device but not a niche platform.

Posted via CB10
    You know that a device in a niche platform is a niche device? seriously your statement doesnt make sense at all.
    05-07-16 01:13 PM
    Because of this thread, JC woke up 2 in the morning

Posted via Passport,
    05-07-16 01:18 PM
    Another final shot at BB10? Another one? Really?
    05-07-16 01:40 PM
    You know that a device in a niche platform is a niche device? seriously your statement doesnt make sense at all.
    A PKB phone is a niche device but the Android platform is mature and mainstream. BB10 is a niche platform or maybe not a platform at all. Theoretically, there is a bigger market for an Android PKB than a BB10 PKB now and into the future.
    TgeekB and techvisor like this.
    05-07-16 04:07 PM
    the joke is on you if you think you may want to jump to a Android NEXUS.What if Google announces that the next Nexus will be a Blackberry phone, very similar to the Priv. It's possible there have been discussions behind closed doors, so if this come to light your going to look so silly LOL.
    05-07-16 06:14 PM
    Why are you posting this here?
    BlackBerry doesn't come here to get user input.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 09:51 PM
    Mr. Dunt x3 might be thinking of the BlackBerry Milan. It was reputed to be a high end BB7 Torch replacement.
    Take a BBOS 7.1 or 10 over Android anyday. Don't really care if Blackberry sells Android phones as long as it supports it's own OS.
    05-07-16 11:22 PM
    the joke is on you if you think you may want to jump to a Android NEXUS.What if Google announces that the next Nexus will be a Blackberry phone, very similar to the Priv. It's possible there have been discussions behind closed doors, so if this come to light your going to look so silly LOL.
    The next two Nexus devices will be manufactured by HTC. It's already been announced.
    TgeekB, techvisor and web99 like this.
    05-07-16 11:41 PM
    Take a BBOS 7.1 or 10 over Android anyday. Don't really care if Blackberry sells Android phones as long as it supports it's own OS.
    Blackberry could sell three to four million Android devices per year and lose BB10 and BBOS users at a rate of about 5 million per year. It is what it is. There is no going back.
    05-08-16 12:24 AM
    Why are you posting this here?
    BlackBerry doesn't come here to get user input.

Posted via CB10
    They do, just with regards to bug reports.

They're smart enough not to trust the peanut gallery with long term planning.
    05-08-16 12:36 AM
    Blackberry could sell three to four million Android devices per year and lose BB10 and BBOS users at a rate of about 5 million per year. It is what it is. There is no going back.
    Maybe you are ready to surrender BUT not me. No Blackberry OS means no Blackberry.
    05-09-16 12:15 AM
    Maybe you are ready to surrender BUT not me. No Blackberry OS means no Blackberry.
    We have you surrounded. Come out with your hands up!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 01:38 AM
    They do, just with regards to bug reports.

They're smart enough not to trust the peanut gallery with long term planning.
    Clearly they tend to put their trust in Arab chiefs and Afghanistan warlords who just want simple things like a golden 9900, a silver passport, and a 400 dollar bargain......

But seriously, black hub isn't a bad idea either.
    05-09-16 06:41 AM
    Well, think about the current users of BlackBerry devices. About 500k are on the android Priv. The rest of the 20M or so are on bb10 or BBOS devices, despite the fact the the latter two have had no flagship released since September 2014.
    I for one, bought my second Passport last month.
    I don't think I have anywhere to choose from since I will delay buying either an IoS or an android phone for as long as I possibly can.
    There seem to be many like me, or else Priv would have sold in millions during the past 6 months.
    So, from that point of view, bb10 devices have little or no competition and can be sold at a higher price.
    That's definitely not the case for android Priv.
    Ok. I suppose among contrarian purchasers who refuse to consider android, iOS, or Windows phone, then BB10 doesn't have a lot of competition. Among all the other demographics, BB10 has lots of competition and it didn't do so well in the market. Such that BB has stopped making BB10 phones.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    05-09-16 11:27 AM
    Ok. I suppose among contrarian purchasers who refuse to consider android, iOS, or Windows phone, then BB10 doesn't have a lot of competition. Among all the other demographics, BB10 has lots of competition and it didn't do so well in the market. Such that BB has stopped making BB10 phones.
    The problem is going Android doesn't some how make this competition go away... it actually makes it harder to stand out as a brand. Blackberry is thinking apps are the main reason people migrate away from blackberry. They released a flagship android phone and had a rude awakening that price is the primary factor for the average consumer.
    I would be willing to wager that a properly priced BB10 device would be equally if not more competitive than android device with the same availability. I conducted a survey on social networking and received nearly 300 replys. the question was "Why didn't you purchase a Blackberry as your current device". The top answers were "Blackberry still makes phones?" and "Too expensive".
    05-09-16 11:38 AM
    The problem is going Android doesn't some how make this competition go away... it actually makes it harder to stand out as a brand. Blackberry is thinking apps are the main reason people migrate away from blackberry. They released a flagship android phone and had a rude awakening that price is the primary factor for the average consumer.
    I would be willing to wager that a properly priced BB10 device would be equally if not more competitive than android device with the same availability. I conducted a survey on social networking and received nearly 300 replys. the question was "Why didn't you purchase a Blackberry as your current device". The top answers were "Blackberry still makes phones?" and "Too expensive".
    The switch to Android is about lowering their manufacturing and operating costs. They might break even or make a small profit from the sales of Android devices. Few Android / PKB buyers were wanting an expensive slider. The Rome / Hamburg combo may work if they are well priced.
    05-09-16 11:47 AM
    I conducted a survey on social networking and received nearly 300 replys. the question was "Why didn't you purchase a Blackberry as your current device". The top answers were "Blackberry still makes phones?" and "Too expensive".
    I wonder how many people that participated in your survey, know that BBOS 10 lacks a full spectrum of apps?
    Or that OS10 is still a little better than half baked.
    Price wise I assume that they were looking at the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 01:26 PM
    Nope... so far the Verizon Droid Turbo 2 isn't rootable. But Cobalt's tools allow the BlackBerry apps to be installed without root.
    Not the same as seeing them in the official Play Store.
    05-09-16 03:14 PM
    The switch to Android is about lowering their manufacturing and operating costs. They might break even or make a small profit from the sales of Android devices. Few Android / PKB buyers were wanting an expensive slider. The Rome / Hamburg combo may work if they are well priced.
    Plus if they can add some unique features it would set them apart from the others. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
    05-09-16 04:25 PM
    We have you surrounded. Come out with your hands up!

Posted via CB10
    Not unless my hands are holding a phone with BB10.
    05-09-16 08:37 PM
    I disagree. I remember because I was the first person I knew to get the Z10. They advertised and AT&T carried it. Then they put out several other models. It failed because it was late to the game.

Android is well established. It will be difficult to break in but perhaps, if they can add adequate security, they can carve a niche. But it will take time.
    Market always has space to adjust new! I am against this theory that Android has established much so there is no space of new OS. Android is still stupid (damn I am also using) that it took many years to develop app permission.
    BB10 FAILURE DUE TO LACK OF APPS

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pstrusi likes this.
    05-12-16 07:15 AM
    Market always has space to adjust new! I am against this theory that Android has established much so there is no space of new OS. Android is still stupid (damn I am also using) that it took many years to develop app permission.
    BB10 FAILURE DUE TO LACK OF APPS

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I always say the same, the OS10 is simply the best, but the lack of Apps makes it undesirable. I wish BB could create a new developers relations and launch a new phase, otherwise Android will be its path to survive if makes really good phones at fair prices in a already saturated market.
    05-12-16 09:14 AM
    I read your post and just talked to my friend John Chen. Now, he's convinced and he'll cancel all future Android projects. 5 new BB10 phones will be released this year. Thanks for your refreshing ideas.
    Lol

Send from the power of the force and the  Passport
    05-12-16 10:35 AM
    Last month in India, Chen actually said that after 10.3.4 they MIGHT release a new BB10 phone!

If the link doesn't start at 6:40 please jump there!

BB_PP likes this.
    05-12-16 12:10 PM
    A very big might.
    05-12-16 12:51 PM
213 ... 6789