You truly believe a company owes you something for buying a product 2 years ago???
    it's not about being owed anything,,, they said they'll give it up,,, all i'm sayin' is let us know when,,, it'd just be nice to know,,, not difficult to understand...
    02-02-13 07:12 PM
    they have told us its coming....that is as official as its going to get right now. Honestly just forget about it. I kept hearing everyone talk about how much they like their PB already and that bb10 is just icing on the cake and such. Why has that changed so much in a week?
    the reason i got it was for bridging & the promise of "10",,, & oh yeah,,, the $150 Office Depot fire sale didn't hurt either...
    richardat likes this.
    02-02-13 07:16 PM
    They're not being wishy washy or indecisive at all. They told us it's coming, thats it. They're not hinting "soon" or any random date. They've been crystal clear in everything they've told us.
    "later this year", is crystal clear??? by definition that's sometime between tomorrow & Dec. 31st... sounds like frosted glass to me...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 02-02-13 at 07:44 PM.
    02-02-13 07:19 PM
    The OS it has today is pretty darn good.
    except for the checkerboarding part, you mean???
    02-02-13 07:22 PM
    It seems BB are doing more than "Tap Dancing" - more like hiding in a corner especially when it comes to BIS on BB10.

As to BB10 on the PB - I'm in no rush to get the upgrade. I'd rather they did extensive acceptance testing befoe they push it out to end-users.
    02-02-13 07:22 PM
    Would you rather have the staff of BlackBerry putting all their effort into BB10 and continuing to make it a rock solid platform or switch to working on the PlayBook? I plan to buy a Z10 in the next few weeks and want them to continue to make this new platform better. My two PlayBook can wait.
    they can chew bubble gum & walk @ the same time,,, & when you get your Z10 don't go bitchin' that you can't use any bridge features when you get it,,, 'cuz as of right now, w/ the exception of 1 or 2, you can't,,, i'm thinkin' you might be cravin' that update in a few weeks...
    02-02-13 07:30 PM
    it's not about being owed anything,,, they said they'll give it up,,, all i'm sayin' is let us know when,,, it'd just be nice to know,,, not difficult to understand...
    It's easy to understand. Do you recall the last time BlackBerry let us have a date and what happened?
    02-02-13 07:32 PM
    they have told us its coming....that is as official as its going to get right now. Honestly just forget about it. I kept hearing everyone talk about how much they like their PB already and that bb10 is just icing on the cake and such. Why has that changed so much in a week?
    For one thing BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook has lost much of its functionality. Is Thorsten trying to sabotage the smartphone and tablet divisions of BlackBerry or does he just think we are stupid?
    SEAWARRIOR and richardat like this.
    02-02-13 07:35 PM
    I didnt realize that the bb10 bridge is "half baked"....i will agree that is a bummer
    02-02-13 07:36 PM
    I didnt realize that the bb10 bridge is "half baked"....i will agree that is a bummer
    check the reviews,,, that & some of the other "surprises" they talked about are in there...
    02-02-13 07:43 PM
    You want a date? December 31st 2013.
    Here's hoping for an early release.
    02-02-13 07:45 PM
    It's easy to understand. Do you recall the last time BlackBerry let us have a date and what happened?
    Ummm...January 30, 2013 for the BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event. BlackBerry held the event on the stated date. BlackBerry's presentation and feature showcase was a disappointment. As my friends in the military say "SNAFU".

SNAFU: Situation Normal All Fouled Up - the G-rated version
    02-02-13 07:46 PM
    You want a date? December 31st 2013.
    Here's hoping for an early release.
    I was expecting an early date but I'll pencil you into my calendar for December 31, 2013. See you then.
    02-02-13 07:47 PM
    it was a different show then too...
    02-02-13 07:49 PM
    Ummm...January 30, 2013 for the BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event. BlackBerry held the event on the stated date. BlackBerry's presentation and feature showcase was a disappointment. As my friends in the military say "SNAFU".

SNAFU: Situation Normal All Fouled Up - the G-rated version
    You know exactly what I meant or do you really need it spelled out for you?
    02-02-13 07:51 PM
    Not a date date, lol. An early release on that kind of date would be baaaaaad
    02-02-13 07:52 PM
    This is true so would you not agree that there's more reason for hope and to keep a positive outlook now?
    02-02-13 07:53 PM
    This is true so would you not agree that there's more reason for hope and to keep a positive outlook now?
    agreed,,, my outlook is very positive,,, it would be even more positiver, , if i had an idea when they were gonna supercharge our playbooks...
    02-02-13 07:57 PM
    agreed,,, my outlook is very positive,,, it would be even more positiver, , if i had an idea when they were gonna supercharge our playbooks...
    This thread has now come full circle
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-02-13 07:58 PM
    You truly believe a company owes you something for buying a product 2 years ago???
    when you buy a product you dont receive "free" updates. you already paid for the updates and in fact the company will only recognise it as earned revenue after releasing the updates. until they have fully recorded the revenue as "earned", you have not gotten what you paid for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 08:53 PM
    It's more than that. I just have to deal with it. My Z10 fund just bought my new shiny iPad Mini. Time to compare and see what sticks.
    02-02-13 09:40 PM
    yea, the old `show` made promises they couldnt keep. thorsten isnt gonna make a promise if he doesnt know if he can keep it or not. i call that a good thing for the company myself.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-02-13 10:03 PM
    yea, the old `show` made promises they couldnt keep. thorsten isnt gonna make a promise if he doesnt know if he can keep it or not. i call that a good thing for the company myself.
    yeah,,, so far, so good...
    02-03-13 12:03 PM
    This thread has now come full circle
    02-03-13 12:03 PM
    Alec S recently tweeted "...later this year..." BlackBerry isn't going to play the game of promising dates.

IMO - sure they told us we would get BB10 for our PB but the reality is they never had to. What other company has launched a product (as good/bad as the PB initially was) and then 2+ years later provides customers a brand new OS for it...free? The OS it has today is pretty darn good.
    As far as I am concerned, it is a bonus.
    Ah so based on Alec's comments that means we will see it Q1 2014 at the earliest! Sorry but I've been hearing this same crap from BlackBerry since I bought the PlayBook at launch. Coming soon means half a year minimum. 4 Months means 8. Sometime this year means early next. With BlackBerry you have to expect the worst to not be disappointed, even after a complete management change. They already told us Q2 2013 for the Playbook, so I wasn't expecting till Q3, but now I'll have to revise to next year if ever.
    02-03-13 01:08 PM
60 123