just give us a solid timeframe, date, month, week, or SOMETHING definitive about when PlayBooks are getting "10",,, stop playing Fred Astaire already,,, it makes you look indecisive,,, there, i said it...
    nofiz likes this.
    02-02-13 10:56 AM
    02-02-13 11:12 AM
    ummm, you do realize that the phones were just demoed a couple of days ago, released (as soon as) the next day, apps added and completed, probably a phone OS update, more features to be added to the phone...and you want a PB update.
    Give it a moment..
    02-02-13 11:13 AM
    just give us a solid timeframe, date, month, week, or SOMETHING definitive about when PlayBooks are getting "10",,, stop playing Fred Astaire already,,, it makes you look indecisive,,, there, i said it...
    that's provided they even have one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 11:18 AM
    What has become obvious is that Thor will not ever state a date he cannot make ever again, so the good thing is once Thor gives you a time frame, you know it's good.
    02-02-13 11:22 AM
    ummm, you do realize that the phones were just demoed a couple of days ago, released (as soon as) the next day, apps added and completed, probably a phone OS update, more features to be added to the phone...and you want a PB update.
    Give it a moment..
    i know it's comin',,, all i'm sayin' is give us a timeframe & quit bein' so wishy-washy about it...
    mhmediaonline and flyingsolid like this.
    02-02-13 11:42 AM
    that's provided they even have one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    they do,,, how could they not???
    02-02-13 11:43 AM
    in fairness they wanted the BB10 event to be all about the phones. i dont see a problem with that personally. i think we could see something next week at BBJam but that may be hoping a bit, but from a `devs heres your tools for playbook` perspective thats whats needed first.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-02-13 11:53 AM
    they have told us its coming....that is as official as its going to get right now. Honestly just forget about it. I kept hearing everyone talk about how much they like their PB already and that bb10 is just icing on the cake and such. Why has that changed so much in a week?
    02-02-13 12:18 PM
    They're not being wishy washy or indecisive at all. They told us it's coming, thats it. They're not hinting "soon" or any random date. They've been crystal clear in everything they've told us.
    02-02-13 12:36 PM
    My guess is that the BB10 PlayBook update is coming in May when the BlackBerry Live conference is on.
    02-02-13 01:15 PM
    My guess is that the BB10 PlayBook update is coming in May when the BlackBerry Live conference is on.
    yup, iv expressed that thought too, tools announced (just a date not the actual release) for devs at BBJam, dev beta in late feb/march, and OS launch in May. thats simply my (logical) theory
    02-02-13 02:03 PM
    Give it a moment..
    I've had my Playbook since the launch. YES I WANT IT UPDATED TO BB10 NOW! They at least owe us a date!
    flyingsolid and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    02-02-13 02:06 PM
    they have told us its coming....that is as official as its going to get right now. Honestly just forget about it. I kept hearing everyone talk about how much they like their PB already and that bb10 is just icing on the cake and such. Why has that changed so much in a week?
    Because the BB10 phones and the PlayBook don't work together. No one was expecting to go backwards with the BB10 platform release.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-02-13 02:39 PM
    i know it's comin',,, all i'm sayin' is give us a timeframe & quit bein' so wishy-washy about it...
    Alec S recently tweeted "...later this year..." BlackBerry isn't going to play the game of promising dates.

IMO - sure they told us we would get BB10 for our PB but the reality is they never had to. What other company has launched a product (as good/bad as the PB initially was) and then 2+ years later provides customers a brand new OS for it...free? The OS it has today is pretty darn good.
    As far as I am concerned, it is a bonus.
    02-02-13 02:46 PM
    You truly believe a company owes you something for buying a product 2 years ago???
    02-02-13 02:54 PM
    Would you rather have the staff of BlackBerry putting all their effort into BB10 and continuing to make it a rock solid platform or switch to working on the PlayBook? I plan to buy a Z10 in the next few weeks and want them to continue to make this new platform better. My two PlayBook can wait.
    02-02-13 02:57 PM
    Alec S recently tweeted "...later this year..." BlackBerry isn't going to play the game of promising dates.

IMO - sure they told us we would get BB10 for our PB but the reality is they never had to. What other company has launched a product (as good/bad as the PB initially was) and then 2+ years later provides customers a brand new OS for it...free? The OS it has today is pretty darn good.
    As far as I am concerned, it is a bonus.
    Then don't expect early adopter to continue to buy your products. Example no BB10 phone for me. In fact time to re-evalutate BlackBerrys future vision and see if it's time to move on. You have millions of PlayBook users who will only have partial function through Bridge if at all.
    irishstew likes this.
    02-02-13 02:57 PM
    Then don't expect early adopter to continue to buy your products. Example no BB10 phone for me. In fact time to re-evalutate BlackBerrys future vision and see if it's time to move on. You have millions of PlayBook users who will only have partial function through Bridge if at all.
    so to be clear your saying `if you dont give me a date for BB10 on my tablet (which for all early adopters wasnt even mentioned at PlayBook launch so we didnt buy on this premise) then i wont buy your phone`
    pmccartney and northernrds like this.
    02-02-13 03:01 PM
    Would you rather have the staff of BlackBerry putting all their effort into BB10 and continuing to make it a rock solid platform or switch to working on the PlayBook? I plan to buy a Z10 in the next few weeks and want them to continue to make this new platform better. My two PlayBook can wait.

His point is good though. Take as long as needed for the phone issues, add lots of playbook development time and plenty of time for testing on the playbook and then give us a time frame. A quarter would be good enough,

No they don't have to do it but loyalty by customers is enhanced by steps like this.
    02-02-13 03:03 PM
    His point is good though. Take as long as needed for the phone issues, add lots of playbook development time and plenty of time for testing on the playbook and then give us a time frame. A quarter would be good enough,

No they don't have to do it but loyalty by customers is enhanced by steps like this.
    loyalty is also diminished if they miss that quarter. works both ways sadly.

anyways as i said, before there is BB10 for playbook there will be developer tools. so its kinda pointless arguin over it when they have a developer conference next week.
    02-02-13 03:12 PM
    Perhaps the reason that all the Bridge functions don't work between PBOS and BB10 is because they have been focused on making them all available when BB10 for the PB is released. You can only do so much. There have been a lot of big changes at BlackBerry. Not just software.
    If they didn't continue focusing on that promise they could have easily spent the time ensuring that the features all worked between BB10 and the current PBOS.

The time-frame has been announce multiple times. If 'this year' isn't good enough for some then that's unfortunate. If that's enough to make some consider leaving the platform all together then that's their prerogative. There's a lot of options out there.
    02-02-13 03:13 PM
    so to be clear your saying `if you dont give me a date for BB10 on my tablet (which for all early adopters wasnt even mentioned at PlayBook launch so we didnt buy on this premise) then i wont buy your phone`
    No what I'm saying is I will not adopt to your news phone and lose the functionality I have right now. A date won't change that. There was no reason to expect a change in functionality.
    02-02-13 03:21 PM
    Perhaps the reason that all the Bridge functions don't work between PBOS and BB10 is because they have been focused on making them all available when BB10 for the PB is released. You can only do so much. There have been a lot of big changes at BlackBerry. Not just software.
    If they didn't continue focusing on that promise they could have easily spent the time ensuring that the features all worked between BB10 and the current PBOS.

The time-frame has been announce multiple times. If 'this year' isn't good enough for some then that's unfortunate. If that's enough to make some consider leaving the platform all together then that's their prerogative. There's a lot of options out there.
    At this point No one knows what bridge functions bb10 to bb10 will have.
    02-02-13 03:23 PM
    Shuffle off to Buffalo

Hey BlackBerry (BBRY)!!! Stop Tap Dancing...-dancing-1121.gif
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
60 123