It would help if u actually have a BlackBerry 10, but makes sense u r would be ditching ur SG4 for a Note 3

Posted via CB10
    It would. Have had mine since feb. Doesnt mean I have to settle just because i have one. So your point would have been.........?

P.s. could you explain what your handle means?
    10-17-13 06:18 PM
    Which false perception? I didnt seenhim dispell anything. Made me want to grab a note 3
    Lol did you even read the comments he responded to or watch the video?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-17-13 07:47 PM
    It would. Have had mine since feb. Doesnt mean I have to settle just because i have one. So your point would have been.........?

P.s. could you explain what your handle means?
    My point was that u already left BlackBerry and moved on to another handset, ie SG4. So this video didn't influence ur decision at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure most of the video was meant to be a little bit on the sarcastic side. So maybe just calm down a little.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry, it actually doesn't bother me that much. I watched 3/4 of one video, got annoyed and decided his stuff wasn't for me. But just seeing this thread made me want to remark about why I think his video was terrible.

The video was so bad it made me kind of want to get an iPhone to spite him. I mean of course it wasn't a serious thought, but it crossed my mind. And this is coming from someone who likes his Z10 (though it has its share of flaws) and dislikes the iPhone (I can't stand iTunes).

u can only set one alarm time on the z10? you serious? so there is no way i can set 1am and 3am on the z10? can only pick one?
    On 10.1 you can't. Don't worry though, they fixed it in 10.2. But then again you might want to worry since we have no idea when it's coming out. Just "soon". Though you can always install the 10.2 leak to get multiple alarms.
    10-17-13 10:21 PM
    Which false perception? I didnt seenhim dispell anything. Made me want to grab a note 3
    Ok. Go grab something, just go away

BlackBerry Z10.
    10-17-13 10:42 PM
    That kid could be reading the Declaration of Independence and I think he'd find a way to make it annoying. His message for me is completely lost in his asinine delivery, weird vocal cadence and his nearly seizure inducing editing. I am sure there are those who appreciate it and that is great. I am also sure he had a blast doing them - equally great.

Based on these two and his last two (which I killed brain cells watching from start to finish) I am not his audience. Thank G_d
    Ahhhhhh but just like a car accident, you couldn't resist looking.
    LOL!
    I agree, he IS hard on the head. But he is doing a better job than I am promoting the brand.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:46 PM
    I like this guy too. I even subscribed to his videos! Haha

I didn't like the fast video from the second set of videos, but I thought that had something to do with my screwy Internet connection, I didn't know he did it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 12:15 AM
    Err what's holding you?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:02 AM
    Ok. Go grab something, just go away

BlackBerry Z10.
    Lol true right?
    He's saying that as if he's going to hurt or betray somebody if he does that lol

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:25 AM
    I have no idea why everybody hating on him..he is funny as hell and it's an act...geez this site is not fun anymore...
    ^This

Seriously, the content of the videos is spot on. Maybe it's a young versus old thing. This style of frenetic video with urban-slang etc. is pretty standard/normal stuff.

I support BB10, NOT BB Management!
    srzjumper likes this.
    10-18-13 01:31 AM
    u can only set one alarm time on the z10? you serious? so there is no way i can set 1am and 3am on the z10? can only pick one?
    Don't worry. 10.2 is being released as we speak and it adds multiple alarms.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:49 AM
    Don't worry. 10.2 is being released as we speak and it adds multiple alarms.

Posted via CB10
    anyone beside z30 got 10.2. we are speaking, but i dont see any official update to 10.2 being on z10 or q10.

how can you not have mult alarm before 10.2? pretty stupid overlook if its true.
    10-18-13 01:45 PM
    anyone beside z30 got 10.2. we are speaking, but i dont see any official update to 10.2 being on z10 or q10.

how can you not have mult alarm before 10.2? pretty stupid overlook if its true.
    I have Q10 running 10.2 (575) and as you cane see multiple alarms

He's back (phlypboy), this time replying to BB Haters-img_00000399.png

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:49 PM

. The device is just now delivering what's been on an iPhone 4S for years now...
    The iPhone 4S came out, what, early-to-mid 2012? The iPhone as a device has been around since 2007. So you're saying it took Apple 5 years to add a feature that it took BlackBerry only a few months to add to its brand spanking new OS? Apple did it after 5 years and they're the bomb-diggity. BlackBerry did it in 6 months or less and they're too slow to implement features?? How does that logic work?

People buying phones now want to see something revolutionary, or they won't feel a need to change platforms/OEMs/etc.
    Like how iOS 7 now has the same look and feel as every other smartphone OS out there? Was the HUB not revolutionary enough? The iOS Notification Center is??? This guy's videos just showed how Notification Center gets bukkaked by HUB, but HUB isn't "revolutionary" enough? The "flow UI" isn't revolutionary enough? Who else is doing it like this? Sampple iDroid people don't care about "revolutionary," they care about apps; most of which are crap, btw. As an example, I was looking for Jelly Splash in the Play store. I came across five or six apps cavorting to be Jelly Splash (using the Jelly Splash icon), but they were all just tips/cheats/tricks. One of them was even called Jelly Splash. I sideloaded it and guess what it did; took me to a freaking Youtube video about Jelly Splash. So a bunch of Jelly Splash-related apps, but no actual Jelly Splash app! So a 5/6:1 ratio of crap versus a "real" app; more accurately, a 5/6:0 ratio.

Anyway, rant aside, people care about being able to get the latest popular apps, not revolutionary devices or OSes. Even the so-called BlackBerry faithful are rejecting the revolutionary BB10 in favor of sticking with BBOS6/7 or jumping ship altogether. Why? Apps. Which makes you wonder why they even had/have a BlackBerry in the first place if they're that frustrated about BB10's slight of apps. Did they want a powerful work device or did/do they just want to be part of the "in" crowd.

They need something like a Lumia 1020 from RIM, or yes, an iPhone 5S with an amazing camcorder, or a GS3 with Dual Camera capabilities, or a Note with a fantastic Stylus/Digitizer. A keyboarded phone isn't that. The consumer market has pretty much moved on from those, and rejected them with the Q10's launch).
    Again, they mostly want apps. However, I do agree with you on the Q10 and physical keyboards. In the world of full-touch smartphones with ever-growing screens, how could BlackBerry have possibly thought the Q10 would be a big hit with its tiny screen and cramped keyboard?? They need to either give the market a real physical keyboard on a landscape oriented slider or get rid of the physical keyboard altogether. I've used Bolds a time or two and typing on those tiny keys is as cumbersome as trying to stand Tic-Tacs on end. And this is coming from a guy who used to love physical keyboards.
    10-21-13 12:18 PM
    The iPhone 4S came out, what, early-to-mid 2012? The iPhone as a device has been around since 2007. So you're saying it took Apple 5 years to add a feature that it took BlackBerry only a few months to add to its brand spanking new OS? Apple did it after 5 years and they're the bomb-diggity. BlackBerry did it in 6 months or less and they're too slow to implement features?? How does that logic work?

Like how iOS 7 now has the same look and feel as every other smartphone OS out there? Was the HUB not revolutionary enough? The iOS Notification Center is??? This guy's videos just showed how Notification Center gets bukkaked by HUB, but HUB isn't "revolutionary" enough? The "flow UI" isn't revolutionary enough? Who else is doing it like this? Sampple iDroid people don't care about "revolutionary," they care about apps; most of which are crap, btw. As an example, I was looking for Jelly Splash in the Play store. I came across five or six apps cavorting to be Jelly Splash (using the Jelly Splash icon), but they were all just tips/cheats/tricks. One of them was even called Jelly Splash. I sideloaded it and guess what it did; took me to a freaking Youtube video about Jelly Splash. So a bunch of Jelly Splash-related apps, but no actual Jelly Splash app! So a 5/6:1 ratio of crap versus a "real" app; more accurately, a 5/6:0 ratio.

Anyway, rant aside, people care about being able to get the latest popular apps, not revolutionary devices or OSes. Even the so-called BlackBerry faithful are rejecting the revolutionary BB10 in favor of sticking with BBOS6/7 or jumping ship altogether. Why? Apps. Which makes you wonder why they even had/have a BlackBerry in the first place if they're that frustrated about BB10's slight of apps. Did they want a powerful work device or did/do they just want to be part of the "in" crowd.

Again, they mostly want apps. However, I do agree with you on the Q10 and physical keyboards. In the world of full-touch smartphones with ever-growing screens, how could BlackBerry have possibly thought the Q10 would be a big hit with its tiny screen and cramped keyboard?? They need to either give the market a real physical keyboard on a landscape style slider or get rid of the physical keyboard altogether. I've used Bolds a time or two and typing on those tiny keys is as cumbersome as trying to stand Tic-Tacs on end. And this is coming from a guy who used to love physical keyboards.
    4S was 2011's flagship. 5 was 2012. 4 was 2010. We know about the 5S. It was just released this year. Get your facts straight.

EDIT: Cause you're hilarious...

1. Hub: No, it's not revolutionary. Android devices had Hubs 2010 or before. Windows Phone had Hubs in late 2010. Basically taking Windows Phone's Hubs and piling them all into the same UI/App is not revolutionary. Swipe-based UIs are not revolutionary. Almost everyone is doing that these days, and had started moving to that before BB10's release. Most of the Windows Phone UI is gesture based, for better or for worse (what you prefer is your preference). WebOS also had lots of swipe gestures as well as some Hubbing (Synergy), yet it didn't save that platform.

Trying to use the Hub as a selling point was dumb. Like I said, Microsoft just got finished using Hubs as a selling point for Windows Phone back in 2010/2011 and they did it again for Windows 8. It was stupid "me too" marketing and we know from Windows phone that most people simply do not care about "Hubs."

No, the Hub is not revolutionary.

2. Android, WP, and iOS's font and the general LAF of the UI elements is a bit less dated than BB10. Reviewers have already started commenting on the dated look of the UI and the font they used. Different is not necessarily better. But again, this is personal preference.

Delving deeper into UX. A lot of people are confused by the gesture-based, buttonless UI on the BB10 devices and sometimes using a button is simply better than using a gesture. You seriously think you can get to search faster than simply pressing the search key on an Android or Windows Phone device?

There is a reason why Apple keeps their home button, and there's a reason why Samsung keeps a consistent button layout on their phones. There's also a reason why Microsoft mandates the button layout on Windows Phones, and mandates the home button on all the Windows Tablets.

Again, different is not always better.

3. How was the Notification bukkaked by the hub??? Is that even a word?

4. OS7 vs. OS10: Apps isn't the reason why those people stuck with OS7. Money is. The OS7 devices are much cheaper than even a Q5. The NOC saves people a lot of money where data costs are ridiculous. Also, there are BIS data plans that allow i.e. unlimited BBM and things like that in some countries/on some carriers which is not available for BB10.

In a lot of places, people are NOT using BB for the Apps. They're using them for BBM, and many having the NOC push email to them. They have a cheap Curve for BBM, and an Android, iOS, or even Windows Phone to use Apps and do Multimedia type tasks. This is why Windows Phone is taking off in some areas: Great, Lower Cost Devices with more developer support and a full media/services ecosystem. Blackberry doesn't have that. What drives sales of OS7 devices (and only in areas where services like BBM are viral) are things like BBM - nothing else.

Also, lots of companies are not upgrading to BES10 yet, and if you aren't doing that buying BB10 devices that cost over twice as much isn't going to be an option from a business perspective. It's cash down the drain.

5. Android, iOS, and WP can also make powerful work devices. Consumers are not on BES, so things are a big equalized in this market. There are no huge selling points for BB when it comes to "work" as a BYOD device unless you are connecting to BES. If you're connecting via EAS and need apps for work, then the BB devices fall flat on their faces. Android and iOS are clearly better, and even WP is better if your company is in the Windows/MS ecosystem (Exchange, Lync, Skype, SharePoint, Office 365, SkyDrive Pro, etc.).

The videos in the OP were done coyly and while I think the delivery is kind of hilarious it's too hard to see where he cut things short or edited them out to make the Z10 look a bit more competitive with the iPhone.

The 4S is a 3 year old device, and pretty much keeps pace with it, as well, which doesn't say anything great about the Z10 from that perspective.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-21-13 at 12:44 PM.
    10-21-13 12:21 PM
    4S was 2011's flagship. 5 was 2012. 4 was 2010. We know about the 5S. It was just released this year. Get your facts straight.

Didn't read the rest.

Yes you did, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time to say that. I literally don't care what year it came out, and I didn't state the year as an absolute. You have no rebuttal to the rest of what I said? That was the more important part, not what year the same-old, same-old iPhone devices dropped.
    10-21-13 12:26 PM
    Yes you did, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time to say that. I literally don't care what year it came out, and I didn't state the year as an absolute. You have no rebuttal to the rest of what I said? That was the more important part, not what year the same-old, same-old iPhone devices dropped.
    I read the first sentence and replied. No. I didn't read it. Sorry, friend.

Otherwise I'd probably have a while page to respond to that.

10-21-13 12:29 PM
    Ugh. What is up...... . BlackBerry...........users. .....i have.........way......too much....time.......on my......hands.

Made it to 0:45

Posted via SEGA master system
    10-21-13 01:49 PM

EDIT: Cause you're hilarious...

1. Hub: No, it's not revolutionary. Android devices had Hubs 2010 or before. Windows Phone had Hubs in late 2010. Basically taking Windows Phone's Hubs and piling them all into the same UI/App is not revolutionary. Swipe-based UIs are not revolutionary. Almost everyone is doing that these days, and had started moving to that before BB10's release. Most of the Windows Phone UI is gesture based, for better or for worse (what you prefer is your preference). WebOS also had lots of swipe gestures as well as some Hubbing (Synergy), yet it didn't save that platform.

Trying to use the Hub as a selling point was dumb. Like I said, Microsoft just got finished using Hubs as a selling point for Windows Phone back in 2010/2011 and they did it again for Windows 8. It was stupid "me too" marketing and we know from Windows phone that most people simply do not care about "Hubs."

No, the Hub is not revolutionary.

2. Android, WP, and iOS's font and the general LAF of the UI elements is a bit less dated than BB10. Reviewers have already started commenting on the dated look of the UI and the font they used. Different is not necessarily better. But again, this is personal preference.

Delving deeper into UX. A lot of people are confused by the gesture-based, buttonless UI on the BB10 devices and sometimes using a button is simply better than using a gesture. You seriously think you can get to search faster than simply pressing the search key on an Android or Windows Phone device?

There is a reason why Apple keeps their home button, and there's a reason why Samsung keeps a consistent button layout on their phones. There's also a reason why Microsoft mandates the button layout on Windows Phones, and mandates the home button on all the Windows Tablets.

Again, different is not always better.

3. How was the Notification bukkaked by the hub??? Is that even a word?

4. OS7 vs. OS10: Apps isn't the reason why those people stuck with OS7. Money is. The OS7 devices are much cheaper than even a Q5. The NOC saves people a lot of money where data costs are ridiculous. Also, there are BIS data plans that allow i.e. unlimited BBM and things like that in some countries/on some carriers which is not available for BB10.

In a lot of places, people are NOT using BB for the Apps. They're using them for BBM, and many having the NOC push email to them. They have a cheap Curve for BBM, and an Android, iOS, or even Windows Phone to use Apps and do Multimedia type tasks. This is why Windows Phone is taking off in some areas: Great, Lower Cost Devices with more developer support and a full media/services ecosystem. Blackberry doesn't have that. What drives sales of OS7 devices (and only in areas where services like BBM are viral) are things like BBM - nothing else.

Also, lots of companies are not upgrading to BES10 yet, and if you aren't doing that buying BB10 devices that cost over twice as much isn't going to be an option from a business perspective. It's cash down the drain.

5. Android, iOS, and WP can also make powerful work devices. Consumers are not on BES, so things are a big equalized in this market. There are no huge selling points for BB when it comes to "work" as a BYOD device unless you are connecting to BES. If you're connecting via EAS and need apps for work, then the BB devices fall flat on their faces. Android and iOS are clearly better, and even WP is better if your company is in the Windows/MS ecosystem (Exchange, Lync, Skype, SharePoint, Office 365, SkyDrive Pro, etc.).

The videos in the OP were done coyly and while I think the delivery is kind of hilarious it's too hard to see where he cut things short or edited them out to make the Z10 look a bit more competitive with the iPhone.

The 4S is a 3 year old device, and pretty much keeps pace with it, as well, which doesn't say anything great about the Z10 from that perspective.

A Lot of people are confused by the gesture based system.....

People with the iq of a lump of clay? A cat could learn to swipe. Your friends that are confused and stumped by the hub should probably get some remedial learning classes.

10-21-13 01:52 PM
    A Lot of people are confused by the gesture based system.....

People with the iq of a lump of clay? A cat could learn to swipe. Your friends that are confused and stumped by the hub should probably get some remedial learning classes.

Not sure if you're serious...

10-21-13 01:57 PM
    Something pertaining to alarms and waking up in the morning optimally...

Getting up at right time problems - Imgur

I recently found out that we sleep in 90 minute cycles, so instead of having the exact time alarm going off every morning, I adjust the alarm (conveniently quick on the BB10) depending on what time I'm going to bed. So if you want to feel most refreshed you set it up to go off in 90 minute cycles (6 hrs/ 7.5.hrs etc). Of course there's a bunch of apps on Android cycle time, sleepytime, etc, but I don't much find the app really at all necessary for me to count 6 hr or 7.5 hrs from the time I'm going to bed. Anyway, just a tip for anyone having trouble getting up when alarm goes off out there.

This guy J.C. (phlypboy) covers things on the Z10/Q10 that are somewhat better than the iPhone, I'm sure there are things iphone and android have that may be better, but he's covering the features that the new BB phones and new platform has an edge (even if slight). Haters gonna hate.
    10-21-13 07:27 PM
    To all the peeps in here giving him stick, why don't you post your video promoting BlackBerry 10 on here and lets all have a look at it, let's see what you can do if you think you can do any better, come on were is it?

These videos are great for someone just doing there thing and trying to help the BlackBerry message to get out to and remember there's not just one type of user demographic using BlackBerry, not just the elusive 'prosumer' types. Just because it's not your style does not mean it's not someone else's.

So grow up, wind your kneck in and give the guy a break 'ya nose Wat ra mean'

Posted from my Z10 (very smart phone)
    Oddsocket likes this.
    10-23-13 04:45 AM
    He proves everything on point and after couple of seconds I realized he made it bearable for us by speeding it up. And sure probably iPhone users don't care how much the hub experience especially is better than what ios is offering, point is he just proved what his 'haters' was saying z10 can't do, it can and actually bettered iPhone in that.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:19 AM

Again, they mostly want apps. However, I do agree with you on the Q10 and physical keyboards. In the world of full-touch smartphones with ever-growing screens, how could BlackBerry have possibly thought the Q10 would be a big hit with its tiny screen and cramped keyboard?? They need to either give the market a real physical keyboard on a landscape oriented slider or get rid of the physical keyboard altogether. I've used Bolds a time or two and typing on those tiny keys is as cumbersome as trying to stand Tic-Tacs on end. And this is coming from a guy who used to love physical keyboards.
    The Q10 keyboard isn't cramped at all IMO. The screen is ridiculously tiny though. Should have at least been iPhone 4S size.

I support BB10, NOT BB Management!
    10-23-13 08:32 AM
224 ... 789