12-25-12 02:27 PM
    I'm Curious to know what the margins are on BB7 phones and they would compare to BB10. . .I think the assumption that the new phones will have lower margins compared to bb7 is a big one. . .
    12-25-12 02:33 PM
    Too much bull**** before the storm hits.

These people are like weatherman. They perform their computer models, but in the end, they're almost completely wrong.
    12-25-12 02:44 PM
    Another opinion piece without enough facts to support the 'sureness' of the title.
    Continuously uses words such as might, most likely and likely because he simply doesn't know for certain. All speculation and well beyond tiresome and boring at this point.
    If the US consumer market doesn't want BB10 ( I don't believe this to be true) there are about 170+ other countries where BB's are available that may be interested.

The title is SO wrong. BB10 will change everything for RIM. Whether positive or negative - either way it will be a massive change.
    12-25-12 02:50 PM
    BB10 is too good to fail...it will have it's newfond fanbase like the old BBOS has..
    12-25-12 02:54 PM
    not to mention with BB10 out and QNX an mobil platform RIM can branch out in to new markets, us BB loyals alon will hold RIM off until this transistion could happen. isn't the break even point for BB10 like 10 million devices sold?
    12-25-12 03:07 PM
    yup US was such a big consumer for RIM in the past, this ***** along with so many other think that for a company to be successful it must have a market in the US......not if it can corner the more the large and emerging markets of Africa, certain parts of Asia, the Caribbean and South America...
    12-25-12 03:17 PM
    The margins for BB10 phones are certain to be higher than what RIM is currently getting for BB7 phones. The general consensus is that RIM has been getting negative margins on their phones the last few quarters. The ongoing service revenue helps compensate for that, but with BB10, they'll probably have to make more of their money up front. Hence, margins are probably around the more traditional 30% range.

I'm Curious to know what the margins are on BB7 phones and they would compare to BB10. . .I think the assumption that the new phones will have lower margins compared to bb7 is a big one. . .
    KelownaAlex likes this.
    12-25-12 03:25 PM
    But here's the kicker: Even a wildly successful BlackBerry 10 launch would compress margins.
    Oh please, is this guy for real? They are losing money on hardware now. Every single BB10 phone sold improves margins. BB10 phones sales don't even erode existing BB7 sales as those are primarily Curve's sold in developing countries to people who can't afford the Z10. In fact, paradoxically BB10 might help sell more BB7 phones in emerging markets as people will see RIM as successful and NOT going out of business.
    12-25-12 03:54 PM
    That article sux OPie... and so do you for trying to rub our noses in it!
    12-25-12 04:05 PM
    That article sux OPie... and so do you for trying to rub our noses in it!
    LOL yea it does, I go on the site and the related articles have titles like "The Real Problem With RIM" and "RIM CEO: Service Revenue in Place, Not Going Away". They are mostly negative, but beyond me why they are? When a company is struggling the media benefits greatly?
    12-25-12 04:16 PM
    Too much bull**** before the storm hits.

These people are like weatherman. They perform their computer models, but in the end, they're almost completely wrong.
    I used to do financial forecasting and proforma building... Agreed. What I've learned over the year is that Garbage in, Garbage out. AND with so many variables, there is always some garbage that goes in and mucks up the analysis.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    12-25-12 04:17 PM
    The following highlights what is wrong with RIM's strategy to date of flipping the bird to existing customers in high value markets:

As RIM put it last quarter:

"Outside of North America, overall performance was
    negatively impacted by pricing pressure due to competitive market dynamics and the aging of the Company's in-market product portfolio, making growth in international markets increasingly more challenging."
    12-25-12 07:52 PM
    BB10 is too good to fail...it will have it's newfond fanbase like the old BBOS has..
    I like this, BB10 : too good to fail!
    12-25-12 08:10 PM
    Just somebody else that wants to see RIM go down in history. Might have been a BB user at one time, and got aggravated with the freeze ups or battery pulls, so now he is venting his frustrations with the company!, saying he doesn't think it is going to pull them out of what they are in now. I have but a few words for him. "Ain't gonna happen, no way, no how". Now it's time for the other companies and platforms to play "Catch up". Rim is not going away anytime soon, and this release is going to prove it by sealing the deal. BB for LIFE! We are a little more then a month away from watching all of these negative posters choke on their words. Let's see just how many of these same people are going to be around to comment on the successful launch of BB10. I am willing to bet not too many of them. They will go into hiding, like a dog with it's tail tucked between it's legs! Just my two cents here
    12-25-12 08:27 PM
    BB10 will change everything for Rim one way or the other, if it succeeds then they will get back on track and return to being a viable mobile option for everyone, but if it doesn't then the company will be basically done.

I'm hoping for the former obviously since bb10 looks amazing and it would be nice to see that rewarded with the sales it deserves.
    12-25-12 09:51 PM
    More media bs,gets funnier by the minute.
    Go read the financials,lol.
    Hardware sales way down yet "service revenues" UP!

Notes to consolidated financial statements - Page 43 << Go read it
    Do your research people, stop relying on the media or posts at CB or any other forum, and yes that includes in my opinion the BS from Chris.

12-26-12 09:26 AM
    man tired of this articles not just the ones for rim but sony and other companies not based on the us get bad reviews I'm starting to think is just to make people avoid them and chose made in the USA. problem is most thing made here lack quality not all companies though but many don't care much for the quality. remind me of the first xbox man did scratch the cds .

the truth is sometimes articles like those are made just to express the personal opinion of the author rather than facts and most times just misguide the customer
    12-26-12 09:42 AM
    yes, `the BlackBerry 10` wont change anything, probably cos its doesnt exist, however BlackBerry 10 and the devices that uses the OS will
    Bobcat665, spike12, hpjrt and 3 others like this.
    12-26-12 09:45 AM
    womp womp. Yet another story that I won't even bother to read cause I already know by the title they're talking out their arse. Stop giving in to their link bait, folks.
    12-26-12 11:20 AM
    yup US was such a big consumer for RIM in the past, this ***** along with so many other think that for a company to be successful it must have a market in the US......not if it can corner the more the large and emerging markets of Africa, certain parts of Asia, the Caribbean and South America...
    In order for RIM to really succeed they NEED to do well in the North American market.
    end of story
    12-26-12 11:23 AM
    In order for RIM to really succeed they NEED to do well in the North American market.
    end of story
    for now this is somewhat true but give it time the US will soon be but a whisper to the global market
    12-26-12 11:30 AM
    for now this is somewhat true but give it time the US will soon be but a whisper to the global market
    When other markets become profitable, Apple and Samsung will muscle everyone out of that market as well. For RIM to succeed they either need to compete with the best or find some way to make money as a niche player. BB10 on its own does not provide a win in either of these spaces. It remains to be seen how RIM positions itself and it better figure itself out quickly.
    12-26-12 11:48 AM
    "The blackberry 10". Its obvious the person who wrote that has no idea what they are talking about.
    12-26-12 11:53 AM
    When other markets become profitable, Apple and Samsung will muscle everyone out of that market as well. For RIM to succeed they either need to compete with the best or find some way to make money as a niche player. BB10 on its own does not provide a win in either of these spaces. It remains to be seen how RIM positions itself and it better figure itself out quickly.
    weather they become profitable or not andif BB10 is truly the competative OS we believe it to be then it would make no difference as RIM would have the edge in that market, Samsung and Apple would be to late to try and take what they did in the US. RIM let itself slip BB10 is the competative OS that should have come out to compete with Apple and Google, but came out 3 years later.

i know alot of people are convinced that the North American market is really the only market worth a crap, but its only a fraction of the worlds total population and the US is losing its influence over the rest of the world
    12-26-12 12:18 PM
33 12