With the A10 rumored to have a hefty quad-core GPU, why not push the gaming and entertainment aspects of the phone by partnering with some serious gaming companies? I'm looking at Razor, GameStop, Valve, and more. This would give it more exposure, possibly bring in some big name games (maybe even exclusives), and it would help differentiate it from the competition! Sounds good to me, what are your thoughts?
    theRock1975 and Korepab like this.
    07-16-13 04:30 PM
    With the A10 rumored to have a hefty quad-core GPU, why not push the gaming and entertainment aspects of the phone by partnering with some serious gaming companies? I'm looking at Razor, GameStop, Valve, and more. This would give it more exposure, possibly bring in some big name games (maybe even exclusives), and it would help differentiate it from the competition! Sounds good to me, what are your thoughts?
    GameStop is a gaming company?

In all seriousness though, it might help them, but none of those companies are exactly giants in the mobile gaming world and we don't know how committed they are behind the scenes to mobile gaming in the first place. It's a nice idea though and might work with someone like Gameloft (sorta already happening).

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-16-13 04:37 PM
    Tools not toys...
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-16-13 04:38 PM
    Tools not toys...
    Lol that never gets old...

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-16-13 04:39 PM
    OK seriously, I think Razer is happy with their Windows tablets. Valve, who knows what they're doing with their Steam boxes, and what else they have planned.

I would really like it if they would partner with somebody, be it a gaming company or other software company. But I don't think a gaming company would be BlackBerry's type. I just can't see it happening, that's all.
    07-16-13 04:48 PM
    It may seem unlikely but regardless it would be a good thing for BlackBerry, and maybe even for one of the big game devs to break into mobile.
    07-16-13 09:19 PM
    it's a phone, it has to be launched through carriers, and that's why it will fail. Sony tried to launch a PS phone on AT&T in 2011 and it flopped hard. BB wouldn't dare launch it as an unlocked device...carriers would get pissed off, and consumers wouldn't be ready to pay $500+ for an unsubsidized phone, let alone one with the tarnished BB name.
    07-16-13 09:36 PM
    it's a phone, it has to be launched through carriers, and that's why it will fail. Sony tried to launch a PS phone on AT&T in 2011 and it flopped hard. BB wouldn't dare launch it as an unlocked device...carriers would get pissed off, and consumers wouldn't be ready to pay $500+ for an unsubsidized phone, let alone one with the tarnished BB name.
    That's interesting haha I don't remember Sony ever trying to launch a PS phone, I guess that's a testament to how hard it really flopped. I'm not saying BlackBerry should launch using one of these companies but instead through carries and have some kind of promotion with the gaming devs, like free game or store credit with purchase?
    07-16-13 09:41 PM