I still laugh that 18 hours is not acceptable. If I let it run down to dead, I got 39 hours. Did it on the weekend. I am still trying to remember the last time I was up for 48 hours straight and HAD TO HAVE MY CELL PHONE AT ALL TIMES.

Oh right - never.
    10-21-10 06:59 PM
    Call me what you will.

This is called the INTERNET, or INTERWEBS (depending on the jargin you are speaking).. Anyone can be a tough man setting behind a keyboard.

And as said before, whole underlining point is, this could happen to ANYONE, with ANY PHONE, at ANY TIME. To single out that it happened to be a knuckle head rocking a Vibrant is about as fanboish as you can get.

And i will continue to read into things when the story is so one sided, so lopsided that is just posted to say "hey look __________ failed again." the device didn't fail, the knucklehead did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No. The point is that he wanted to share his story....which he did....then you proceeded to over analyze his story. Did you miss his punchline at the end? The whole point is that he thought he made a funny. That was the story. Not once was there mention of his BlackBerry being "better". It could have been any phone like you said. It just so HAPPENED to be a Android phone. But according to you, he SINGLED it out right? Lol

What you're trying to say is he should have taken the time to ask the guy the whole reason behind why his battery was dead BEFORE he made his little comment.

On a side note....where did the tough guy stuff come from? Lol all I did was call you a ******. Cause frankly your first post was very douchey. It reeks of ******.

I guess I'm an interweb tough guy for that then lol.

10-21-10 07:17 PM
    I still laugh that 18 hours is not acceptable. If I let it run down to dead, I got 39 hours. Did it on the weekend. I am still trying to remember the last time I was up for 48 hours straight and HAD TO HAVE MY CELL PHONE AT ALL TIMES.

Oh right - never.
    That's my point.
    10-21-10 07:18 PM
    So once again my gf had me running around to different carriers looking for a new cell for herself. We had stopped every where, all the major carriers then target and at last Walmart. So we are standing at the cell phone display looking at T-Mobile phones she's really trying to decide over the BB Bold 9700 and the Samsung Vibrant. I keep telling her to go for the Samsung cause she really wants streaming video and stuff like that. Then another guy comes up and kinda gets involved in the smartphone debate with us. She ask him what phones here he thinks are good. He instantly points to the Vibrant and says this is their (T-mobiles) best one. She says what about the bold have you ever used that one?

The Vibrant is better and faster he says, its what I use see (he pulls it out of his pocket). She ask him "It does you tube well? Can you show me a video from it?"
    I would, he says but my batteries dead.

I pull out my bold, (65% battery life left) and say to him "Really? It looks like my bold is quite fast compared to your Vibrant"
    MJNEID, You want to read into it...lets read into it.

First thing...he was directing his gf to GET the Samsung because it had everything SHE wanted. Then someone else comes along and suggests the same thing. So far the Samsung is getting all the love....

Next... "The Samsung is better and faster" More Android love.

Now here is where the Joke comes in.... His battery is dead..So YES the OP's BlackBerry IS faster. At the time that he made his comment it was technically faster was it not.

BUT that wasnt enough detail for you was it lol. You wanted the WHOLE story...most likely because you yourself USE an Android and you yourself has probably had this happen to you LMAO. Go on, admit it. It hurt your feelings a little.

Bottom line is, buddy made a joke. Everyone BUT you got the joke and moved on.

Here you are days later still believing that he took at shot at the beloved Android.

Seriously...just let it go bro. It`ll be ok.
    10-21-10 07:29 PM
    This thread is now officially funnier than the original posting : )
    10-21-10 09:04 PM

Oh right - never.
    The risk of running out of juice before the end of day it's unacceptable for anybody relying on their smartphone for their business. It the "just in case" factor. It's the same reason a lot of people drive SUVs or 4�4s, depending on what continent you find yourself, even if they never ever go off road and most do the school run. 80% of the time is fine but for peace of mind I need more.

10-22-10 02:46 AM
    The risk of running out of juice before the end of day it's unacceptable for anybody relying on their smartphone for their business. It the "just in case" factor. It's the same reason a lot of people drive SUVs or 4�4s, depending on what continent you find yourself, even if they never ever go off road and most do the school run. 80% of the time is fine but for peace of mind I need more.

I'm understanding your point if someone's a moderate to light user and barely making it through a day; these users would have something to worry about if they stepped it up. My point is if a device can last 18+ hours with heavy usage where's the problem?
    10-22-10 02:55 AM
    I'm understanding your point if someone's a moderate to light user and barely making it through a day; these users would have something to worry about if they stepped it up. My point is if a device can last 18+ hours with heavy usage where's the problem?
    Depends what heavy use means to you, for example the Storm2 I had before would last me a weekend with moderate use, and on some working days I would go trough 2 fully charged batteries before I got home.

Besides, have you never fallen asleep and forgot to put your phone on the charger?

10-22-10 03:24 AM
    Depends what heavy use means to you, for example the Storm2 I had before would last me a weekend with moderate use, and on some working days I would go trough 2 fully charged batteries before I got home.

Besides, have you never fallen asleep and forgot to put your phone on the charger?

That's fairly close to the same usage mine sees now, although I've never depleted two batteries inside a waking period. One, sure, more than a few times in the early days. I went so far as to purchase a spare battery and a charging pod because of it, and now oddly I get better mileage even though I don't do anything to conserve power (avg 22 hours now vs 9).

Never forgotten to put it on the charger.. but I have forgotten to take a charger places a couple times, having a spare battery fixed that.
    10-22-10 04:05 AM
    That's fairly close to the same usage mine sees now, although I've never depleted two batteries inside a waking period. One, sure, more than a few times in the early days. I went so far as to purchase a spare battery and a charging pod because of it, and now oddly I get better mileage even though I don't do anything to conserve power (avg 22 hours now vs 9).

Never forgotten to put it on the charger.. but I have forgotten to take a charger places a couple times, having a spare battery fixed that.
    Lol, I have plenty things to be worried about in this day and age, this doesn't have to be one of them.

10-22-10 04:45 AM
    Lol, I have plenty things to be worried about in this day and age, this doesn't have to be one of them.

Yup. As long as I remember to stow the spare in my Bluetooth case, I never have to worry about my device anymore.
    10-22-10 05:00 AM
    This thread is now officially funnier than the original posting : )
    This thread is now Diamonds....

Im on a horse.
    10-22-10 09:49 AM
    Hahahaha, this is one of the reasons why I stick with BlackBerry and it really does at time help suppress my urges to buy an iPhone. BlackBerries are just extremely reliable.

10-22-10 10:08 AM
    Better example of heavy use. I have my password set to lock the phone after 15 minutes of no use, it never gets to kick in during my work days , and I don't need a spare battery with my 9700.

10-22-10 10:12 AM
139 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD