What gives, seriously? Article is here:
    BlackBerry CEO may be contemplating sale of handset unit - CNET

Now, I get any business will consider cutting a division that doesn't make them money. But, we all know BlackBerry never invest the money in recent years advertising they actually make phones these days. People won't buy something that most don't know exist. They then get into a big contract issue with one of the USA's largest carriers, and end that in a very spectacular "toys out of pram" moment. It looks terrible to anyone in the industry looking in at the moment. Then they say they have sold BBOS 7 services almost 3:1 to BB10 in the last quarter, so were putting the Bold 9900/30 back into production - 3 years later.

Jeez, could write a book on this dam company. So, what's everyone think it means going forward? I guess in the short term, nothing obviously changes, but I doubt they have much comprehension as to how to go about marketing their new toys properly. It's an almost all or nothing approach where the Z3 and Q20 stand sales wise from where I'm sitting. Is this also why there's no news on a high-end all touch device recently, or would more of the business be moved over to Foxconn in the future with someone else at the helm creating new devices.

It's anyone's guess, but I feel like perhaps they may not have learn enough from past misgiving's...
    04-09-14 07:23 PM
    I'm guessing moving all hardware related production and such to Foxconn or another hardware maker. Ofcourse this still depends on those Z3 sales. If it fails, it is very unlikely that Foxconn would be willing to lose more money with the company.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:26 PM
    04-09-14 07:29 PM