1. orest's Avatar
    Bought my wife a Pearl on ebay and went to VZW store today to activate it. The rep there told me that the phone was locked. Told me that it was an upgrade phone and that the original owner had not accepted the original terms and conditions. Rep said for me to contact the seller that I bought the phone from and that they needed to call VZW to accept terms and THEN I could activate service for my wife. So I just emailed the seller a few minutes ago. Anyone know if I have any options in the event that the seller doesn't help me out? Thanks.
    12-24-08 04:42 PM
  2. Pete6's Avatar
    If the seller does not help you out, sell the phone abroad. It is your only option.
    12-24-08 04:44 PM
  3. Branta's Avatar
    The seller must have known the phone had never been activated, and it would be useless to you. If the seller refuses cooperation you have an expensive brick.

    You have several options if the seller refuses to activate the phone.
    (a) Raise a dispute with eBay. This needs to be done as soon as you know the phone won't work, and it will probably induce cooperation or refund. That's a report "Now", not "After the Holiday" when the perp has had time to disappear. eBay will probably freeze the payment if you used paypal.
    (b) It sounds like "Wire Fraud" from your side of the story. The risk of investigation for a federal crime will probably hold the seller's attention long enough to resolve the problem.
    12-24-08 06:43 PM
  4. joe003's Avatar
    The seller must have known the phone had never been activated, and it would be useless to you. If the seller refuses cooperation you have an expensive brick.

    You have several options if the seller refuses to activate the phone.
    (a) Raise a dispute with eBay. This needs to be done as soon as you know the phone won't work, and it will probably induce cooperation or refund. That's a report "Now", not "After the Holiday" when the perp has had time to disappear. eBay will probably freeze the payment if you used paypal.
    (b) It sounds like "Wire Fraud" from your side of the story. The risk of investigation for a federal crime will probably hold the seller's attention long enough to resolve the problem.
    Thanks for pointing out some options for the OP.

    Happy Holidays!





    12-24-08 07:52 PM
  5. coachcurtisbusse's Avatar
    Dispute ASAP

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD