My buddy has had his curve due probably 8 months and has never synced it to his comp or kept it running smooth. Its very slow and laggy. I was going to do a basic tune-up for him such as a new OS, remove sample pics and apps he doesn't use, but I'm going to be hooking his phone up to my computer and was wondering if this will cause any problems since my pearl was originally synced to my comp. If I download the new OS for him, will the loader be able to work with his phone? He'l never sync it to his comp in the future, he's just not very tech-savvy, so that won't be a problem.

Thanks for any advice guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 01:00 PM
    ive recently hooked up my 8100 pearl to my computer that ive been running with my 8320 and had no problems installing the newest beta, optimizing and updateing the pearl.

the desktop manager is advanced enough to kno what device is plugged in.
    08-08-08 01:10 PM
    Terv is correct. I back up my phone and my girlfriends on my cpu wothout and problem. Dm reads the pin and that's how it seperates them.

08-08-08 01:16 PM
    BlackBerry did a fine job of providing for multiple device support.

Each device OS is loaded and managed separately. Update can be rolled back to earlier versions just by un-installing the package from Windows control panel.
    08-08-08 03:49 PM
    Yup yup, I really think the BB is the most stable device out

08-08-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD