Hi, this is my first post, so be kind !!

I'm off on holiday this week from UK to Turkey, I have spoken to O2 who I have my contract with and the data charges are �6 per MB !!

I have managed to suss out how to turn off data so that I don't recieve and emails etc and make my Blackberry just a 'phone'.

I though I could just enable the WIFI and surf etc using the WIFI, but this doesn't seem to be the case as I have turned data off in Network Settings.

Is there any way I can get round this as I would like to use WIFI to surf, but turn off any data roaming and keep my Blackberry on just to use as a normal phone.

Cheers in advance
    07-08-09 06:52 AM
    This was asked 3 days ago, 5 days ago, and a week ago. Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=8900%20wifi%20roaming&ie=UTF-8&channel=browser
    Last edited by lazerus; 07-08-09 at 06:57 AM.
    07-08-09 06:54 AM
    I personally wish there was an option where you could assign data to come through wifi only, so you could leave roaming on for phone and sms only, but whenever you are in a wifi area your data comes through...

Wi-fi only/preferred does not do this as it means calls and sms also are wi-fi only/preferred...not JUST the data.
    Most annoying
    07-08-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD