Hi guys

Don't know if I'm being really stupid ! trying to connect my blackberry to my home wifi, I don't have a data package so have turned this off under the mobile settings, have changed my browser to wifi hot spots yet as soon as I go connect says it can't connect.

The wifi is connected and has the name of the wifi at the top of the screen and all my other pcs work fine on it I can't see anything I'm doing wrong any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Craig
    09-10-09 08:35 AM
    Try leaving Data Services switched on. I do have a data plan, but neither Bolt nor the HotSpot Browser can connect over Wi-Fi when data services are switched off.
    09-10-09 03:10 PM
    Not sure about the OP, but that seems to have worked for me!

*edit: sort of... more later perhaps.
    Last edited by steve.h; 10-08-09 at 09:32 PM.
    10-08-09 09:29 PM
    yea i have a 8320 with no SIM and do HOTSPOT (wifi) only. this is just a phone to mess around with..anyways, im hooked up through my wifi and also use wifix app. im all over the net!! BB maps, google maps, yahoo go, bla bla bla..anyways, it should work..
    10-08-09 09:36 PM
    yea i have a 8320 with no SIM and do HOTSPOT (wifi) only. this is just a phone to mess around with..anyways, im hooked up through my wifi and also use wifix app. im all over the net!! BB maps, google maps, yahoo go, bla bla bla..anyways, it should work..
    hey did you get gmail app working? or is there another email app that is nice?
    10-13-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD