I am trying to change my smiley in BB Messenger and it tells me ''colon is not allowed in display name" I dont have any symbols of any sort.. I just wanted to change my smiley...Anyone had this problem??? Any suggestions???
    08-11-08 07:19 PM
    Are you trying to make a winking smiley?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 07:20 PM
    no, I chose the smiley-- smiling showing teeth, he's cute! I am choosing from the symbol list in BB messenger...It has different smileys, hearts ect.
    Last edited by strevi69; 08-11-08 at 07:30 PM. Reason: did not finish typing
    08-11-08 07:28 PM
    Are you trying to change the smiley that shows up to the left of your name on someone's contact list? If so, that's not possible. And you're right, the text box doesn't allow you to use the colon to put a smiley before or after your name.
    08-11-08 07:38 PM
    BB messenger uses vB smiley codes. A : + ) =
    A : + D =
    A ; + ) =
    There's more but it's been a while, is this what you're trying for?

08-11-08 07:47 PM
    BB messenger uses vB smiley codes. A : + ) =
    A : + D =
    A ; + ) =
    There's more but it's been a while, is this what you're trying for?

Yes, that is what I am trying to do.....On my pearl all I did was click the smiley I wanted, but on my curve I am having trouble....so I have to type A:+D and it will give me a smiley???
    08-11-08 07:51 PM
    Let's see :+cool+:=
    A : + P = :P
    A : + O = :O

Dang it's been a while .
    There's more.

08-11-08 07:53 PM
    No the plus sign signifies the key combo, don't actually type the plus sign. Lol

08-11-08 07:55 PM
    You posted the one I wanted, the green guy with big teeth..Do I enter these vcodes next to my name to make it appear??
    08-11-08 07:56 PM
    Ok, Ok, dont laugh at me now,,,I still a newb at this
    08-11-08 07:57 PM
    Just type a colon symbol then a capitol D. I can see i've had too many beers already

08-11-08 07:59 PM
    Maybe if I had a beer I'd figure this out and type better (hee,hee,hee)
    08-11-08 08:02 PM
    Yes, that is what I am trying to do.....On my pearl all I did was click the smiley I wanted, but on my curve I am having trouble....so I have to type A:+D and it will give me a smiley???

These instructions work during in-chat text, but will not work in the name field you are trying to change.
    08-11-08 08:03 PM
    Additionally, you can use other emoticons in your name, such as the heart or thumbs and even the ; ) for a wink, but that is because they do not contain a :
    08-11-08 08:04 PM
    I think I need to give up on using smilies in BBM. Every time I go to them, moving to the next one I want to pick is a slow & sluggish affair.
    08-11-08 08:05 PM
    That's weird LeX. Maybe just learn the text inputs for the ones you use most.
    08-11-08 08:07 PM
    Additionally, you can use other emoticons in your name, such as the heart or thumbs and even the ; ) for a wink, but that is because they do not contain a :
    Ok, I just chose a different smiley and it took it..Its the laughing smiley above the L key..I guess I will keep this one...Thanks for your help and too everyone elso also.....
    08-11-08 08:08 PM
    Ok I see this thread going downhill quickly
    Oh and some do, some don't work, there is a list somewhere out there I tell ya
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 08-11-08 at 08:12 PM.
    08-11-08 08:10 PM
    Ok, I just chose a different smiley and it took it..Its the laughing smiley above the L key..I guess I will keep this one...Thanks for your help and too everyone elso also.....
    The laughing smiley is = )

No colon.
    08-11-08 08:17 PM
    Thanks everyone for your time with helping me out...
    08-11-08 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD