Help! I have bought a second hand BB Curve and have tried all afternoon to set up my email, with the help of Vodafone.

The conclusion Vodafone came to is that the phone must have previously been using BES and as such will NEVER be able to be set up using BIS. Has anyone else heard of this? I can receive emails but cant send.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    12-23-09 04:13 PM
    I am just guessing here but would think if you wiped the phone and got a new SIM card you would basically have a new phone. If it's on RIMs side I would ask Vodafone to get them on the phone to see what needs to be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 04:38 PM
    if u can't make bis,how can u get mails?
    Something's wrong.
    For me ask the first service provider to release your device pin and imei.
    So u can activate ur bis account.

12-23-09 05:57 PM
    I get messages saying the email has been set up correctly but dont get the icon on the menu screen showing my email address and I cant send, vodafone think this is because the phone was previously used on BES, it is a new sim card and we have wiped the phone twice, the IMEI and PIN have been used to activate BIS, its very strange! Any more ideas?
    12-24-09 03:25 AM
    you should send your service books from your service provider.
    12-24-09 04:17 AM
    If you have set up your device and emails on Vodafone's BIS that would indicate the PIN has already been released by the previous owner.

I would suggest you search the forums for how to completely remove an IT policy from your phone as it may be subject to a policy from it's previous owner if it was on BES.

Also search the forums for how to wipe and re-install your Blackberry. You need to download a piece of software called JL Commander and also download the latest OS for your device from Blackberry.

Once you've done both of these and the phone is back operational go to options, advanced, host routing table and click register now. You should get a message telling you this has been successful.

Then log in to your carriers BIS site and under help re-send your service books. This should finally activate your email for you.

Good luck

12-24-09 04:30 AM
    Something is not right. I gave my old BB to my wife. I was on BES and all I did was to stick her SIM in my phone, called to have BIS added to her phone # and voila... Never had a problem.
    Ask them maybe for a new SIM.
    12-24-09 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD