Ok, I have tried everything I know and have been told so far and I simply CANNOT get my Blackberry Curve to upgrade or reinstall the OS. Here is the story:

I recently got a used Blackberry Curve 8300 used. It is unlocked, de-branded and not connected to any network at all. The guy that sold it to me got it from RIM as he worked there, so my assumption is that it's either a test unit, or an internal phone that the engineers used. The device works fine, I have my Fido sim card working in it and have BBM on the $15 data plan, all is ok in terms of regular phone use. What I CAN'T seem to do is upgrade the OS to 4.5. It is currently running 4.2. I have tried:

1) Wiping the device numerous times and trying to upgrade through DM
    2) Using CrackMem to wipe the device but does so unsuccessfully (the device doesn't wipe
    3) Using AppLoader to upgrade the OS
    4) Disconnecting the internet and tried a force upgrade through DM but it just tells me still that there are no upgrades available
    5) Deleting the Vendor.xml file and then tried the above steps

The phone is friking un-re-installable, I can't do more than a wipe. I want to re-install or upgrade the OS because there are a few random things that are weird about the OS right now. The camera doesn't seem to work (the app called Camera just looks like a little black executable window you would see on Windows XP) and the phone doesn't play an audible ringer when I call people, I simply hear them pick up and then the call is perfectly fine.

Does ANYONE know what I can do, or what I am doing wrong so I can upgrade/re-install the phone.
    06-16-09 05:21 PM
    From what you have said I would guess that you are running Vista 64-bit, I haven't been able to get CrackMem to wipe my device using this OS on my PC.

What version of DM are you using? If you are using DM 4.7, try removing it and using DM 4.6 without media manager. DM 4.7 can be buggy when used with Curves and Pearls.
    06-16-09 05:27 PM
    I'm using Windows XP, no Vista for me. But I'll try 4.6 and see how it goes, thanks for the advice, I'll report back.
    06-16-09 05:35 PM
    I always run OS installs from loader.exe

Make sure you remove the vendor.xml file before double-clicking loader.exe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 06:00 PM
    What could be happening is when your starting desktop manager and it checks for updates it replaces the vendor.xml file. Delete the vendor file again and use just the loader exe. motion/app loader
    06-16-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD