Help.....I am not very technical at all!! I used to have a curve 8310 and today have the 8900. Couple of questions

1) How do I get my contacts onto my new phone? I had pics of everyone in my contacts and was hoping to have a way of easily transferring them all? I have looked at my 8310 to see if there was a way of bluetoothing the whole lot but cant see an option to do that - cant even see how to bluetooth them one at a time - I would even do that!

2) I bought a few apps for my 8310, do I have to buy them all again? Is there any way of just getting them onto my 8900?

Any answers PLEASE give more or less step by step instructions as I really am not very technically minded!!

Thanks for any help you can offer
    10-28-09 01:37 PM
    Did you put your pics on your media card? if not do that and put it in your new phone. Then make a backup of your 8310 using the DM and use the switch phone option to transfer the contacts to the 8900 or you can just use the app loader option in advanced to just push the contacts over.

depending on where you got the apps you just need to do a pin change and/or contact the company who makes the apps to get a new code.
    10-28-09 01:47 PM
    Almost all of the apps I bought were from here, Crackberry. Does that help?
    10-28-09 01:55 PM
    Use the device switch wizard in desktop manager to transfer all your info to your
    new phone. Everything will transfer. Even your contact pictures.

Here's how to backup your third party apps so you can restore them on your new
    phone. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...3rd+party+apps

If there are paid apps, you'll need to e-mail the developers and explain that you
    have switched to a new phone. It is up to them whether or not they give you a
    new activation code.
    10-28-09 02:20 PM
    Almost all of the apps I bought were from here, Crackberry. Does that help?
    Log into your software account on Crackberry. Update your device. You will get new activation codes and download links (if needed).
    10-28-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD