A friend has a BB Bold 9000 on Verizon and she got a text message with a Tarzan sound attached. The text message was from a standard non-smart phone.

Now every time she hangs up, misses a call, gets a text, etc.... this sound goes off even in vibrate mode. She can't locate the file in her media file.

Wondering if anyone else has expierenced this before and how to stop it?
    04-21-10 08:49 AM
    Something is wrong in your report. Bold 9000 is incompatible with the Verizon network and will not be recognized by the system.

However, try a battery pull (leave the phone switched on, just remove the battery for a few seconds) to reset the phone. It's a computer, if in doubt, Reboot it!
    04-21-10 08:57 AM
    sorry you are right! Sorry, it is the Tour 9630.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? going to give the battery pull a try when i see her, i think she may have tried this already not sure.
    04-21-10 09:05 AM
    This is an issue with the new .591 OS for the Tour. Battery pull (as far as I know) is the only way to temporarily fix it... I think it starts again after a while.

I haven't read up on the issue myself (I don't run that OS) but if you search in the Tour forums, you'll find a lot of threads on the same subject.
    04-21-10 09:25 AM
    Try loading the Sprint 484 OS or I think there was a new patched OS released yesterday. Try that and see if it works.
    04-21-10 02:08 PM
    This is an issue with the new .591 OS for the Tour. Battery pull (as far as I know) is the only way to temporarily fix it... I think it starts again after a while.

I haven't read up on the issue myself (I don't run that OS) but if you search in the Tour forums, you'll find a lot of threads on the same subject.
    I wonder if theis will fix it... Verizon Updates OS 5.0.0.591 for Tour 9630 Users | CrackBerry.com
    04-21-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD