why?

my friend because now per the above as of OS 7 BB is more like iPhone

welcome to the world where you are controlled

because if you get an OS 7 BB and want to use it with another SIM card - you unlock it... but everytime you switch a SIM card or power it on without one - it will want you to sign into BlackBerry ID Sign in - and it NEEDS internet - else phone is useless

now that is sad!
    Not really. You're still going to keep the servicebooks regardless, but if the other sim card's provider doesn't have blackberry data, you'll then lose them. Wifi browsing still works, so you aren't out of luck. When I tried an OS 7 blackberry, it didn't prompt for a BB ID, it didn't even have a SIM card, so wifi was okay, anything that required data didn't work. This thread is ever so confusing.

PS. I sense either total misunderstanding, or a partial troll of some sort. If the mods could step in and clear up any confusing (iDevice vs bb thing) dilemmas, it would help allot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 11-21-11 at 03:46 PM.
    11-21-11 03:44 PM
    Update as promised - I usually forget because it's kinda difficult to search for the old thread unless I remember the key words to search.

I have been to three countries the past few weeks. I had no issues on anything.

Left home country and went to country B. No prepaid bb service available but I put in a local sim. No issues trying to connect my bb and bb protect. (This was not the case in september when I tried it with another sim in another line just to test it. But like I said in some post somewhere I guess BIS has upgraded because before I left I was able to without wiping my phone as BB protect wanted to months before. ) Typed in my bb protect password and was good to go with sms and calls.

Left country B to go to country C. This one had prepaid bb service. I put in a sim card and was able to log on BB protect locally (meaning the phone itself. No wipe necessary. ) Applied the bb service sms code. Took out the batt (friend suggested it as this caused her hours of trouble before and said this was a workaround). Put batt in. It worked. No resending of host routing tables or service books. I did resend service books as a precaution. The only issue was all my bb protect backups got deleted at this point for some reason. No biggie just updated my bb protect backups since the switching of sims didn't wipe my device anyway. But this fluke does occur from time to time as I read about in other posts.

Left country C and returned to home country. Put in home bb sim. Put in bb protect password. No batt pull necessary - it automatically registered the device. All my imap mail worked except for one that was pop. Don't know if this was a bb issue or a pop server issue as many others at work were experiencing issues with the server. Who knows. But my bb protect backups didn't disappear this time.

This is soooo different from the release pin nightmare from long ago. It was one of many reasons I left bb to go iphone before as it was annoying.

But then now, from my own experiences, I didn't have any major issues anymore.

But who knows maybe it depends on who is your carrier or where you as well.

Sometimes it is easy to say it isn't the end of the world when your phone won't let you connect as comfortably as you want it to when you travel, but then again, it is just that, it is easy to say it isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 05:25 AM
    i've gotten this message before. out of the blue. the most annoying part is that even after entering in the correct password and user id, it claims that your account is not verified or the password is incorrect.

what i did was to take out the sim card and reinsert it in after abt a minute or so and rebooted the phone. it worked thereafter.
    11-27-11 05:55 AM
    Hello, sorry I know this thread is ancient but I just have a few questions. I'm going to Central America in a week and my 9900 is unlocked. I'm on AT&T. After reading this thread I was thoroughly confused. I just want to make sure I understand correctly. So is the consensus that we do need to ask our carrier to "release" our pin or is it enough to simply swap the sim card and sign in with BlackBerry ID? Sorry again, just really don't want to be without a phone while I'm in Central America. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-22-12 07:08 PM
    Your best bet is to contact AT&T regarding this matter.
    Hello, sorry I know this thread is ancient but I just have a few questions. I'm going to Central America in a week and my 9900 is unlocked. I'm on AT&T. After reading this thread I was thoroughly confused. I just want to make sure I understand correctly. So is the consensus that we do need to ask our carrier to "release" our pin or is it enough to simply swap the sim card and sign in with BlackBerry ID? Sorry again, just really don't want to be without a phone while I'm in Central America. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-22-12 07:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD